MoparMike

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
I like how this thread started out by shitting on the high altitude trim. Maybe some of us prefer body color molding and 20’s. Those of you with evil eye grills and red halos look ultra stupid.

I wanted something that’s going to look nice (poor mans G Wagon) but also be capable in the winter. And yes, it even came with clear plastic on the fenders to protect from rock chips.

A4D5CABC-2DFD-4851-8747-3D81089FD4C2.jpeg
Billet and Ocean blue have to be my favorite colors on this trim! Billet just always looks great monochromatic.
Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
If anyone's selling their High Altitude Wheels+tires in the greater NYC/LI/NJ/CT/PA area, hit me up.

CXH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Yes. l was planning on getting rid of the wheels and tires, putting on a lift and 35s.

However, my plan is replace the stock tires with a set of A/Ts and run through those without a lift first. Probably some KO2s. Stock tires are 275/55/20 (31.9'') and I'm thinking either sticking with KO2s at the same size or trying 265/60/20 (32.5") or 275/60/20 (33").

Also, I'm going to replace the running boards (not a fan).
Hey Mike.

Just got my Black High Altitude, did you get yours yet? You are going to love it. Glad to run into this post while searching on Google about the tires. I definitely want to change mine out as well for something more aggressive while keeping the 20 rims. I am in Los Angeles, and have been to two reputable places so far, both telling me its not possible to keep the 20" rims and add 33's. I think the issue may be the 8" width. I also like the KO2's and the Toyo Open Country AT2's - let me know what you end up with as Im hoping to apply any learnings that you and others have.

I also plan on switching out the side steps - they totally overlooked that when working on this package. Will post something about what Im planning for that.

Thanks.
Chris

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Hey Mike.

Just got my Black High Altitude, did you get yours yet? You are going to love it. Glad to run into this post while searching on Google about the tires. I definitely want to change mine out as well for something more aggressive while keeping the 20 rims. I am in Los Angeles, and have been to two reputable places so far, both telling me its not possible to keep the 20" rims and add 33's. I think the issue may be the 8" width. I also like the KO2's and the Toyo Open Country AT2's - let me know what you end up with as Im hoping to apply any learnings that you and others have.

I also plan on switching out the side steps - they totally overlooked that when working on this package. Will post something about what Im planning for that.

Thanks.
Chris

@CXH , Do you think those 20"'s would fit my 2020 Sahara (stock fenders, no lift, would the 5th wheel clear the rear bumper)?

CXH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CXH , Do you think those 20"'s would fit my 2020 Sahara (stock fenders, no lift, would the 5th wheel clear the rear bumper)?

It seems like they should work. There was some mention in a previous post/thread about the High Altitude having some Rubi vibes though, so you might want to look into that before pulling the trigger on anything.

Sponsored

CXH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else bothered by the Side Rails on the High Altitude? With Body matching everything going on, really surprised that Jeep totally dropped the ball here. Attaching some pics from what I believe is the Chicago Auto Show where they were showing off the High Altitude, and it has body matching Side Rails. Looks really good in my opinion, but will let you all decide for yourselves. From what I can piece together, they are the Mopar Tubular Side Rails, painted to match the body. Thinking about going this route. Any other ideas on what these side rails might be or where to source them?

JEEP BODY MATCH SIDE RAIL .png

JEEP BODY MATCH SIDE RAIL 2.png

JEEP BODY MATCH SIDE RAIL 3.png

JEEP BODY MATCH SIDE RAIL CLOSE UP.png

JEEP BODY MATCH SIDE RAIL DETAIL.png

JEEP TUBULAR SIDE RAIL BLACK.jpg

JEEP TUBULAR SIDE RAIL 2.jpg

JEEP TUBULAR SIDE RAIL 3.jpg

JEEP TUBULAR SIDE RAIL STEPS.jpg

Azhoopsfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude Silver
Hey Mike.

Thanks.
Chris
Exactly what I’m thinking. Im pickingLine up good week. I think the 275/60/20s KO2s should fit. Not sure why they wouldn’t. They fit 8” wheels. I’m also replacing my side steps. Do you know which one’s you’re going to get?

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
It seems like they should work. There was some mention in a previous post/thread about the High Altitude having some Rubi vibes though, so you might want to look into that before pulling the trigger on anything.

Ruby vibes? I'm confused. Also do you recall where you've seen this post?

CXH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly what I’m thinking. Im pickingLine up good week. I think the 275/60/20s KO2s should fit. Not sure why they wouldn’t. They fit 8” wheels. I’m also replacing my side steps. Do you know which one’s you’re going to get?
Tire progress:

I'm going to go with the Toyo Open Country AT3's @ 285/60R20 this is a 33.5" tire just a bit more to help fill up that empty space and more aggressive with the High Altitude 20" rims. Tire guy says this should work with no lift or mods. This will be 1 to 1.5" bigger than stock Moab and Rubi tires.

Side Steps:

I did a post above with some pics on what Im thinking. I like sticking with the body match look of the High Altitude. From what I can dig up, the side step in those pics is the Mopar Tubular Side Step and its been painted to match the body. Plan on purchasing that and having a body shop paint for me, unless I come across something better.

Keep me posted on what you end up doing.

Sponsored

Azhoopsfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude Silver
Tire progress:

I'm going to go with the Toyo Open Country AT3's @ 285/60R20 this is a 33.5" tire just a bit more to help fill up that empty space and more aggressive with the High Altitude 20" rims. Tire guy says this should work with no lift or mods. This will be 1 to 1.5" bigger than stock Moab and Rubi tires.

Side Steps:

I did a post above with some pics on what Im thinking. I like sticking with the body match look of the High Altitude. From what I can dig up, the side step in those pics is the Mopar Tubular Side Step and its been painted to match the body. Plan on purchasing that and having a body shop paint for me, unless I come across something better.

Keep me posted on what you end up doing.
I’m very curious about your tires. Please keep me posted. I thought about 285/60/20s (Costco had the KO2s on that size but we’re out of the 275/60/20s). The price jumped around $100 per tire in the KO2s going from 275/60 to 285/60. I was also concerned that the wider tire would be more likely to rub.

Although I don’t have mine yet (picking it up Friday), the pics ive seen seem to show lots of room in that wheel well (too much). I’d like to fill it up as best I can. I’ll go 285/60s if I know it’ll fit.

On the side steps, I’m definitely doing something. I like what you’re thinking (it would like great on black) but I don’t think it’d look good with silver paint (and it sounds like too much work). If I’m going to get a paint shop involved I’d probably consider getting the Rubicon hood which you can buy but then you need it painted.

I’ll wait to get mine to decide but Im leaning toward the nfab nerf bars on amazon.

487C1476-2C92-41A1-B904-404FED12130F.jpeg

063ACBF0-5C8B-4218-A41B-C8FE8794317F.jpeg

DAA1EF51-6B55-4651-BF96-15F7D12E5C40.jpeg

CXH

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby vibes? I'm confused. Also do you recall where you've seen this post?
Hey Ric.

I don't think you are going to have any issues. Stock Sahara Tires and these High Altitude Tires are both 32" and close in width. Have you checked out www.tiresize.com yet? It has a ton of info and dropdowns where you can enter your stock tires, and play around with different scenarios and tire size options.

Good luck.

Wildcat Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab and two 2021 High Altitudes
Just picked up two loaded HAs on same day with our adult kids. Ordered. Billet silver and bright white. I have a 19 Moab and I have 20 inch wheel envy. Working to acquire those stock 20s and 275 BS to swap out on my Moab as well.
Sponsored