Sponsored

35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit

mbuck45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I love the coopers and I think they are probably the top of the top when it comes to all around performance and in the rocks, but if you’re running in snow and ice they are no comparison whatsoever to the KO2’s. The KO2’s are about 1/4 shorter than the Coopers in a 37 but much better in the ice and snow. If I lived in a warmer climate I would own the Coopers hands down. But the KO2 is a terrific compromise in the cold. I still look at jeeps with Coopers and second guess myself until I see the snow flying here. Lol
Do you know off hand the weight difference between a STT 37" and a KO2 37"?
Sponsored

Anthimus

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Do you know off hand the weight difference between a STT 37" and a KO2 37"?
It's around 10lbs. Give or take 1-2 lbs based on which Cooper STT you're looking at (Load rating/tire width (12.5 or 13.5)).

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
They look to be about 5 lbs different.
I have found a few diff weights for the same tires. I am looking for the weight difference between 315/70/17 Ko2 and 37” Ko2 or Stt pros. It seems to vary, so not sure what weights to believe.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Thanks...I was looking into the Cooper STT Pro and leaning towards that. (I've always loved BFG tires though).
I have ran BFG muds and Cooper STT Pro's, the Cooper's are much better. Quieter and perform better too.

Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
I have ran BFG muds and Cooper STT Pro's, the Cooper's are much better. Quieter and perform better too.
Awesome to hear! Thanks.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I've ran Toyo, Nitto, Goodyear MTR/k, BFG, Mickey Thompson, Hankook, Yokohama, Kumho and the Coopers (All MT's) on my JK's.
I think the Cooper STT Pro is my favorite overall tire of the bunch. Some had better road manners, and some were a little better offroad, but the Cooper STT Pro seemed to be the best of both worlds.
My only regret is getting the E-Rated 13.50" STT vs the D-Rated 12.50" STT on my JL. While the ride is on the stiffer side, the Jeep handles/drives better with the 37" Coopers at 27psi than the factory tires at 37psi.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I've ran Toyo, Nitto, Goodyear MTR/k, BFG, Mickey Thompson, Hankook, Yokohama, Kumho and the Coopers (All MT's) on my JK's.
I think the Cooper STT Pro is my favorite overall tire of the bunch. Some had better road manners, and some were a little better offroad, but the Cooper STT Pro seemed to be the best of both worlds.
My only regret is getting the E-Rated 13.50" STT vs the D-Rated 12.50" STT on my JL. While the ride is on the stiffer side, the Jeep handles/drives better with the 37" Coopers at 27psi than the factory tires at 37psi.
Chris, I am sorry you have that regret, but at least it confirms my decision to go with the 12.50" Cooper's!

Jergs

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2 Door, 2008 JK Sport 2 Door
Is anyone running lighter 37s (like the STTs or MXTs) on the standard transmission? My JLR is on order and I'm trying to plan my build in the mean time to save me from pulling my hair out in the wait.

It seems like the 37 MXTs and STTs are handled well by the auto transmission but Im curious how the standard fares. I do a lot of longer highway trips (2-4 hours pretty regularly) from NY to Boston so I need something that wont dog it up steeper grades at 75. I have a stock 08 JK auto trans that takes a good amount of encouragement to go up those grades and would like to avoid that again. I like the look of a 2.5” lift with 37s but would prefer to keep stock 4.10s. Thanks!

nickjeep

First Name
nichiolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 tacoma pro
Is anyone running lighter 37s (like the STTs or MXTs) on the standard transmission? My JLR is on order and I'm trying to plan my build in the mean time to save me from pulling my hair out in the wait.

It seems like the 37 MXTs and STTs are handled well by the auto transmission but Im curious how the standard fares. I do a lot of longer highway trips (2-4 hours pretty regularly) from NY to Boston so I need something that wont dog it up steeper grades at 75. I have a stock 08 JK auto trans that takes a good amount of encouragement to go up those grades and would like to avoid that again. I like the look of a 2.5” lift with 37s but would prefer to keep stock 4.10s. Thanks!
interested as well, lots of comments about the auto. not many about the manual

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase

I have 37's with the 6spd. I actually prefer the longer first gear with the 37s, but do find myself shifting gears frequently on the highway(avg speeds probably 55-65 through the city.) I rarely use 6th gear at those speeds, but it may be usable at 75. Shifting down to 4th I have plenty of passing power, but I have to do it more than I would like to...
I will end up going with gears, but for now it's liveable.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I like the Coopers, too. In fact, I almost went with those. I just liked the stock ride/handling so much, I stuck with what works. I also went with them under heavy advisement from Dan Grec, who is circumventing Africa on a set of KO2's, through everything but winter weather, and he swears by them. Yes, he's sponsored by BFG, but only after he selected the tires.

I've never heard anyone with the Cooper Pros or Maxx tires that didn't love them.
I know the cooper tires are lighter then the Toyos MT but they look like the lugs are more aggressive and would be a lot louder then the toyo MT .I talked to my friends at Discount tire that are managers at different stores. They al said the toyo hands down is a better built tire and not as loud when is gets worn about half way. Th e reason the cooper is light and you have to cut rubber and belts to get the weight off. I trust what they say because they all have been managers at discount tire for over 25 yrs and have seen it all. I wil go with nittos ridge grapplers or toyos MT when i get my JL

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
THE Mopar reinforcement bracket and a relocation bracket looks like a clean install, but for that price there has to be a better solution coming. The problem I see with it is not the gate creasing anymore since that is what the bracket keeps from happening, but rather the small hinge pins in the gate itself when you go to swing it open. With a large tire and wheel that is a lot of weight on those little pins to support.
I know there is 2 parts you need. one is around 625 and the other is around 275, damn just about 900 for both. But it does look better then what i have on my JK with the big bracket that i have to open up every time i want to open my tail gate its a hassle