Sponsored

BLACK Wrangler JL Club

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Going back and forth with granite vs black
I did the same with mine. Actually was planning on the granite, came to the dealership to buy it, and they had delivered a black instead lol! I went outside all disappointed but then looked at it and I realized the mistake was in my favor! I loved it more than the granite and bought it. They didn't have any black JLUs on the lot, lots of granites though so that was the first time I saw it. Nothing like a black Jeep!
Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
I did the same with mine. Actually was planning on the granite, came to the dealership to buy it, and they had delivered a black instead lol! I went outside all disappointed but then looked at it and I realized the mistake was in my favor! I loved it more than the granite and bought it. They didn't have any black JLUs on the lot, lots of granites though so that was the first time I saw it. Nothing like a black Jeep!
Look at granite on lot loved it Black sraches granite is darker in person then in pic

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
Going back and forth with granite vs black
Same here...everyday I'm here and on the jeep configurator looking at black or granite. As I get closer to buying I will look at them all in person. I'm also going back and forth about leather or cloth I'll decide that too when I see both in person at the dealer.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
Same here...everyday I'm here and on the jeep configurator looking at black or granite. As I get closer to buying I will look at them all in person. I'm also going back and forth about leather or cloth I'll decide that too when I see both in person at the dealer.
If money is not issue leather 100%

Sponsored

matchews

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Got the Warn Zeon 10s installed this weekend, along with black lugs, fire extinguisher, and mag light with Bartact holders.

pick4.jpg
Looks great! Did you have to grind the frame horn or anything else?

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Looks great! Did you have to grind the frame horn or anything else?
Thank you. Yes, I did have to grind the edges of the frame horns slightly to make it fit, but nothing else.

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Black on white

50769BCA-7D97-43FB-AE3A-CBC8CF97E32B.jpeg
Love what you've done with your JL! It's very similar to the look I hope to achieve someday. The Sport looks so much better with the bumper/fender inserts removed. Since removing it, have you done anything to cover up the wires that the insert used to cover up? If not, any issues with snow/dirt/mud getting in there?

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Love what you've done with your JL! It's very similar to the look I hope to achieve someday. The Sport looks so much better with the bumper/fender inserts removed. Since removing it, have you done anything to cover up the wires that the insert used to cover up? If not, any issues with snow/dirt/mud getting in there?
Thanks so much! And I agree, that one little piece gone makes a huge difference. I haven't noticed anything excessive getting in there. The fenders and bumper keep it pretty covered. Underneath the fenders take the biggest hit! I have had it in downpours, mud, gravel, and now about 8 inches of snow with minimal mess under there surprisingly. The wires look well insulated and the LEDs that were installed look like their casings will hold up. Everything works fine so far and I have had it off for almost 2 months now!

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Black and Tan.
2" Mopar Lift
35" KO2 (315/70/17)
Next is a Superwinch 10K

20180226_145800 (1).jpg
I kept the stockers with my 35s too. Looks good man!

What is ceramic coated what is the benefit how much
I got gtechniq crystal serum light and EXO on it, was about $700 form a local guy. Did an awesome job. Benefit is that it provides a super hydrophobic layer to the pain so it makes it easy to clean. Won't stop it from scratching but makes it much harder to. Clean up on it now is super fast. Simple two bucket method and a cheap pressure washer takes 15 minutes to look brand new.

Back In Black Rubi

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I kept the stockers with my 35s too. Looks good man!

Thanks Matt.
I like the look of the stock wheels, and I wont feel so bad scratching and banging them-up off rocks like I would a new set of shoes.

jb2980

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; 2017 Explorer XLT; 2013 Shelby GT500; 1985 Mustang GT
who said black is tough to keep clean? Nanolex Si3D Ceramic. #glass

666A009A-E644-484D-B198-64FAD64AABE9.jpeg

79A71F64-72E3-44DA-9A2B-6572626092E4.jpeg

2F027222-3E1A-4559-901F-EE279036D2E0.jpeg

BF061BC4-6934-4B3A-97AE-0DE865A47DA9.jpeg