Sponsored

Warn Zeon 10s install plus a few other goodies (pics)

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
The Gorilla 41148BC lug nut (package of 23 lug nuts) offering is also available at amazon.com and for less $ and with free shipping.
True, but I don't get my CJ Pony points when ordering from Amazon :like:. Good find though.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
Also, I installed black lug nuts, fire extinguisher and Mag light with the Bartact holders. Really pleased with how Christine is coming along.
Looks great, Paul!

What did you end up going with in regard to the fire extinguisher, it's covering and bracket?

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Thank you Sir! I went with the Halguard HTR-HG250R as it gets stellar reviews. It sits snug inside the Bartact fire extinguisher holder (link attached). I removed the metal bracket from the extinguisher before sliding it into the Bartact sleeve.

https://www.bartact.com/collections...-lb-fire-extinguisher-holder-extreme-roll-bar
Excellent way to go, fire extinguisher wise!

Hopefully, you never have to use it on Christine, especially.

Anyway terrific extinguisher as no thermal shock to electronics when you use it. Also liquefied gas easily gets to hard to reach fires. A gas, so no powder to clean up. Also, no damage to paint/finishes and interior components. Good choice!

Now about your Pony Points... ho, ho, ho. I'd rather save the $12-15 $.

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I am in the process of installing the same winch and plate. I also had to trim the frame brackets, but just curious if your winch touches the frame mounts? Mine is not touching but only by a hair on each side. Also, did you call warn about the new lever that they provide for easier access?

34E32ECC-F32C-48F5-A57F-FD82C480F3C4.jpeg

D3AA65CB-35E6-4D69-B9C5-F564BCBEC33E.jpeg

7B98CD67-41AE-449B-B717-A4EB09858A27.jpeg

0694E7C1-5C1F-4898-93F7-D9D23028521B.jpeg

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Also just curious why you left the center bolt out of the top of the bumper? I bought nuts so that I could put them back in place as well, but just wondered if there was interference. Thanks.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in the process of installing the same winch and plate. I also had to trim the frame brackets, but just curious if your winch touches the frame mounts? Mine is not touching but only by a hair on each side. Also, did you call warn about the new lever that they provide for easier access?

34E32ECC-F32C-48F5-A57F-FD82C480F3C4.jpeg

D3AA65CB-35E6-4D69-B9C5-F564BCBEC33E.jpeg

7B98CD67-41AE-449B-B717-A4EB09858A27.jpeg

0694E7C1-5C1F-4898-93F7-D9D23028521B.jpeg
Yes, I pulled my winch forward as far as it would go and it slightly touches the frame mounts on each side. I did this to ensure the winch didn't rub against my grill. No, I have not called Warn yet about the lever but thanks for the heads up. Ironically, my lever works fine and am not sure why Warn is providing a new lever?

Sponsored

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also just curious why you left the center bolt out of the top of the bumper? I bought nuts so that I could put them back in place as well, but just wondered if there was interference. Thanks.
Ironically, I just installed the center bolt yesterday. I actually took a hack saw and cut the bolt down short, and then installed so that there is zero chance my winch line would contact it. The bolts are pretty long and when I test fit the center bolt after install, I didn't like how far down it hung. I actually need to do that to the bolts next to the center bolt as well as they slightly rub the winch when tightened down. So, I will probably saw those two down today as well.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Looks awesome. Nice job!

Anyone else see/think Warren Zevon every time they read this post title? Heh.

Aa-hooo! Werewolves of London!

Sorry, don’t let me hijack your thread with nonsense. It just struck me funny. Carry on.

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
With mine pulled all the way forward, I still am fairly tight against the grill. Is what it is I guess. I’ll prob end up cutting all of my bolts to avoid interference.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I finally tackled the Warn Zeon 10s winch install this weekend. It's the first time I installed a winch of any kind, so it took longer than expected but it was well worth the work. It's a BIG winch, so I had to slightly grind the frame horns to make room, but it fits. I also selected the Factory 55 fairlead and Ultrahook. Also, I installed black lug nuts, fire extinguisher and Mag light with the Bartact holders. Really pleased with how Christine is coming along.
]
Really outstanding what you have going on there. I am waiting on ours to arrive, and have a Zeon 10s setting in the corner of the living room so I can look at it regularly (Yeah I know sick). Notified today of winch plate shipped out. When it arrives my wife and I can set it out on the floor and set behind it and make some sort of engine noise and pretend..... I may never order another vehicle again.

Are you running the Mopars in bead lock configuration or using ring as a rock ring?

I am going to order Borlah's and am still debating which way I want to run them. I have ran cooper stt pro tires all the way down to 12 PSI when in powder sand, and usually 15 PSI on rocks. Never had a problem, but the thought certainly crossed my mind....

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really outstanding what you have going on there. I am waiting on ours to arrive, and have a Zeon 10s setting in the corner of the living room so I can look at it regularly (Yeah I know sick). Notified today of winch plate shipped out. When it arrives my wife and I can set it out on the floor and set behind it and make some sort of engine noise and pretend..... I may never order another vehicle again.

Are you running the Mopars in bead lock configuration or using ring as a rock ring?

I am going to order Borlah's and am still debating which way I want to run them. I have ran cooper stt pro tires all the way down to 12 PSI when in powder sand, and usually 15 PSI on rocks. Never had a problem, but the thought certainly crossed my mind....
Trust me, I understand the sickness. My Zeon sat in the garage for two weeks while I waited for my winch plate. It was depressing to say the least lol.

My Mopar wheels have the "fake" bead lock rings on them currently. Although, I am ordering the real bead lock rings as well to utilize when doing some hard wheeling.

Admittedly, the Zeon install wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be, but I did it solo which probably made it a little more difficult. If you don't have a metal grinder, you may want to purchase one ahead of time as you will have to grind down the frames horns a little. Nonetheless, it was well worth it and I know my Jeep is good to go with the Zeon for the life of the vehicle.
Sponsored