Bowser

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 BMW M3, 2016 Honda Accord
Hello Everyone,
Here is our 2020 Sahara we picked up in May. This has the 2.0T w/ eTorque engine. Its riding on a 2.5 Teraflex lift w/ 20" FUEL Vector wheels & 35" Falken Wildpeak MTs. About the color choice, it was love at first sight. We wanted something unique and "Bowser" (we name all our cars) checked all the boxes for us.

We are not new to Jeeps, our previous Jeep was a 2017 JK Rubicon Recon. The differences between our previous JK and this is night & day.

I don’t have plans for any future modifications. I wasn’t crazy about the factory running board (its plastic), but its grown on me. I can also live with the plastic bumpers for now.

This weekend, we finally made it out to Amelia Island State Park for some beach fun. Enjoy the pics.

Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club DSC00498.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club DSC00497.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club DSC00495.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club DSC00492 (2).JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club DSC00493.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Hello Everyone,
Here is our 2020 Sahara we picked up in May. This has the 2.0T w/ eTorque engine. Its riding on a 2.5 Teraflex lift w/ 20" FUEL Vector wheels & 35" Falken Wildpeak MTs. About the color choice, it was love at first sight. We wanted something unique and "Bowser" (we name all our cars) checked all the boxes for us.

We are not new to Jeeps, our previous Jeep was a 2017 JK Rubicon Recon. The differences between our previous JK and this is night & day.

I don’t have plans for any future modifications. I wasn’t crazy about the factory running board (its plastic), but its grown on me. I can also live with the plastic bumpers for now.

This weekend, we finally made it out to Amelia Island State Park for some beach fun. Enjoy the pics.

DSC00498.JPG

DSC00497.JPG

DSC00495.JPG

DSC00492 (2).JPG

DSC00493.JPG
This is really nicely built:like: Which shocks are you running with the TeraFlex lift?

I just got into a 2020 Recon specifically for the 2.0L eTorque...love this drivetrain! You are so right about the improvements on the JL compared with my previous JK.

-Steven

Bowser

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 BMW M3, 2016 Honda Accord
This is really nicely built:like: Which shocks are you running with the TeraFlex lift?

I just got into a 2020 Recon specifically for the 2.0L eTorque...love this drivetrain! You are so right about the improvements on the JL compared with my previous JK.

-Steven

Steven,
I am currently running the Teraflex VSS9550 shocks. The lift & shocks were installed by the dealer, I bought the Jeep as/is. I know most folks prefer Fox shocks, but I have no basis for a comparison between Fox & these. Compared to our old JK (stock Rubicon shocks), these are much softer with a better overall ride. When time comes to change these, I will look at some upgrade options.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Steven,
I am currently running the Teraflex VSS9550 shocks. The lift & shocks were installed by the dealer, I bought the Jeep as/is. I know most folks prefer Fox shocks, but I have no basis for a comparison between Fox & these. Compared to our old JK (stock Rubicon shocks), these are much softer with a better overall ride. When time comes to change these, I will look at some upgrade options.
Thanks for the reply. I would guess that TeraFlex has specc'd/tuned the shocks to the springs for good performance characteristics.

When it times to upgrade, check out the Falcons. I'm running them on my fully built JK and will be running them on the new JL build.

-Steven

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
New wheels and tires on my 2019 Rubicon. Method 702 with 38" Milestars.

Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club IMG_8242

Great looking set-up Matt! What TeraFlex lift are you running?

-Steven

flight4f

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP JL RUBICON
Great looking set-up Matt! What TeraFlex lift are you running?

-Steven
It’s the TeraFlex 2.5 ST2 kit with the Falcon 3.3 shocks. I have no tubing issues and the ride is really good. I’m running a Steersmarts HD Yeti tie rod, synergy drag link, and Ranco Track Bar. Steering is rock solid.

Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
It’s the TeraFlex 2.5 ST2 kit with the Falcon 3.3 shocks. I have no tubing issues and the ride is really good. I’m running a Steersmarts HD Yeti tie rod, synergy drag link, and Ranco Track Bar. Steering is rock solid.
Thanks for the build run-down Matt!

The Alpine IR arms seem like a big step forward, are you running those? Would you change anything?

-Steven

flight4f

First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JEEP JL RUBICON

The Alpine IR arms seem like a big step forward, are you running those? Would you change anything?

-Steven

-Steven
Steven, that’s next on the list to do. I haven’t decided on the IR arms from TeraFlex or the Synergy arms. The ST2 kit came with non adjustable sport lower front arms and seem to be working just fine. I wanted the smallest lift I could put 38’s on with no rubbing.

Squirly

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BMW 635csi 16 Fiesta St 20 Jl sport bikini pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have pictures of the airbag area on the side of the seats? We went wet okele and it loves to splay open
Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club IMG_20200730_065452

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So serious question. Does anyone have a picture that has a true representation of the Bikini color? I took a close look at one the other day and it was way more green, almost an emerald green, not the blue / aqua hue that shows in the pictures. It was a JLUS that looked new, didn't check for what year it was though. I don't think there was any other emerald green color offered on the JL so I'm assuming it has to be Bikini. In fact I took a couple pictures and did a side by side comparison and the pictures I took look just like whats posted here. But the picture on my phone and the jeep standing in front of me were not even the same color. This is not a criticism or trying to start something I looking for a color for my next project and thought the Bikini might be a good candidate.

This the the picture as taken but not even close to the actual color. I know phones are horrible in replicating actual colors but that's not what I'm concerned with. Has anyone ever come across a picture that replicates the color more accurately?

Jeep Wrangler JL BIKINI Wrangler JL Club 20200727_140849
Sponsored