First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Looks awesome! I really do love the Mojito. Looks super sharp. Post pics of the winch and plate for sure when you’re done. That’s on my list.

So here is the MOAB with the black grille, the Warn VR EVO (10k lb) winch, and Rusty’s winch plate all mounted up (on the MOAB factory steel bumper). I also contacted Maximus directly about the filler plate(s) because it was not clear to me which ones to use with the VR. The Maximus-3 Sales Manager (Ivan) advised me to use the “Zeon filler trim plates JL1017FZ.” Keep in mind, Maximus also sells a “Standard” JL filler trim plate JL1017FS (note the ”FS” vs “FZ” stock numbers). In some places on the Forum, people said the Zeon filler plate would not work with the VR. As you can see in the pics, it worked fine for me and install just requires the need to set a thread into the hole(s) in the chassis frame (top of the bumper) using a Maximus supplied thread-cutting bolt. Took about 15 minutes to mount the two plates (only because I had to hunt down a tool).

Keep in mind, between the Zeon and the VR, there appears to be a difference with cable and wire routing, and on the VR, as you somewhat see here, those cables and wires will be more prominent on top of the bumper. I covered most of them in black plastic conduit and pushed them as far back as I could behind the bumper.

Also, due to time limitations, I have not had the opportunity to build out my bracket and mount the Warn Power Interrupt Kit. Maybe next week.

5667FCB8-91C7-43F4-BF37-6A05A2B12236.jpeg

912A7CD0-6211-4E03-B05F-A76429C45006.jpeg

84C8C350-DF52-4D91-BF73-EA7F53AB39E9.jpeg

0057EE5F-6451-4EB7-9BB4-1D2FA67BD72B.jpeg

FA949140-7AC5-4DA8-BED6-3DD54DC44C90.jpeg

47D63950-83FE-44AD-8EFA-60E1301BFF64.jpeg
Sponsored

Ed Teach

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab
Occupation
Retired LEO
So here is the MOAB with the black grille, the Warn VR EVO (10k lb) winch, and Rusty’s winch plate all mounted up (on the MOAB factory steel bumper). I also contacted Maximus directly about the filler plate(s) because it was not clear to me which ones to use with the VR. The Maximus-3 Sales Manager (Ivan) advised me to use the “Zeon filler trim plates JL1017FZ.” Keep in mind, Maximus also sells a “Standard” JL filler trim plate JL1017FS (note the ”FS” vs “FZ” stock numbers). In some places on the Forum, people said the Zeon filler plate would not work with the VR. As you can see in the pics, it worked fine for me and install just requires the need to set a thread into the hole(s) in the chassis frame (top of the bumper) using a Maximus supplied thread-cutting bolt. Took about 15 minutes to mount the two plates (only because I had to hunt down a tool).

Keep in mind, between the Zeon and the VR, there appears to be a difference with cable and wire routing, and on the VR, as you somewhat see here, those cables and wires will be more prominent on top of the bumper. I covered most of them in black plastic conduit and pushed them as far back as I could behind the bumper.

Also, due to time limitations, I have not had the opportunity to build out my bracket and mount the Warn Power Interrupt Kit. Maybe next week.
Looks super clean, and the conduit cover looks good too. Did you do any measurements before and after to see if it dropped your front at all? I’ve read some guys are getting about an inch drop from the added weight. I ask because I’m considering different options for lifts/spacers.

DrPerez007

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Occupation
Public Safety & Legal Consultant
Looks super clean, and the conduit cover looks good too. Did you do any measurements before and after to see if it dropped your front at all? I’ve read some guys are getting about an inch drop from the added weight. I ask because I’m considering different options for lifts/spacers.
Best I can tell is maybe 1/2” to 3/4” drop, but that is not solid and I would not necessarily rely on it. My notes indicate that the Warn VR winch is about 73 lbs, Rusty’s winch plate 23 lbs, and the Maximus filler plates less than 2 lbs, so just pushing 100 additional pounds.

Lift is the “AEV 2” Spacer Lift for JL Wrangler.”

Hope that helps.

Steve

8AD0FF7E-ED51-4FD5-A1ED-E1729A4EC3B5.jpeg

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty!

CAA4A2C2-1FCF-4FCA-9790-D57C137E2BE3.jpeg

ShineJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Wrangler
Whats it like to own a Ferrari? Is it a nightmare ownership and maintenance that some people describe? How do you like the drive and engine of the 355?
JESM.
Ferrarichat.com is where you’ll find answers to most of your questions.

The main issue with the F355 is faulty headers, possible faulty valve guides, and sticky interior pieces. All of this can be corrected with $$. Once you make the investment to get the car “right” then it is just general engine out maintenance, which is done every 6 years or 20k miles. About $6k to do each time by a highly reputable shop. That’s $1k/year.

And of course, being an old car now, there are cosmetic issues that will show up here and there. Consider an F355 if you enjoy the F1 sound the car makes, the gated shifter and analog feel, and most importantly, how it looks :). If you don’t care about any of that, the car doesn’t make sense.

I also had a 430 Scuderia at the same time for about 6 years, which I sold last year. Only reason I sold it was because I needed the cash for a commercial building, which is completely out the door now thanks to Covid.

Buy a Scud (actually less maintenance) and call it a day. Look for a 355 if you want that Ferrari manual experience. Oh, and the F355 is arguably the best sounding Ferrari ever made (with the right exhaust setup of course).

Aside from that, let’s see more Moab pics :).

Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 08207A7F-B87B-4B66-B4DE-876417CA8F5E

Sponsored

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
Ferrarichat.com is where you’ll find answers to most of your questions.

The main issue with the F355 is faulty headers, possible faulty valve guides, and sticky interior pieces. All of this can be corrected with $$. Once you make the investment to get the car “right” then it is just general engine out maintenance, which is done every 6 years or 20k miles. About $6k to do each time by a highly reputable shop. That’s $1k/year.

And of course, being an old car now, there are cosmetic issues that will show up here and there. Consider an F355 if you enjoy the F1 sound the car makes, the gated shifter and analog feel, and most importantly, how it looks :). If you don’t care about any of that, the car doesn’t make sense.

I also had a 430 Scuderia at the same time for about 6 years, which I sold last year. Only reason I sold it was because I needed the cash for a commercial building, which is completely out the door now thanks to Covid.

Buy a Scud (actually less maintenance) and call it a day. Look for a 355 if you want that Ferrari manual experience. Oh, and the F355 is arguably the best sounding Ferrari ever made (with the right exhaust setup of course).

Aside from that, let’s see more Moab pics :).

Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 08207A7F-B87B-4B66-B4DE-876417CA8F5E
Thanks for the great update!!!...I think Ferrari is the pinnacle of car ownership. Would love to purchase one at some part of my life. You are right, mechanic friend he would service it for me. As he has worked on them before. States the new ones are hard to fix, because manuals and info not available so forcing you to go to the dealership. I can only imagine how that engine sounds. Congratulations on your Ferrari...its BEAUTIFUL....

Sponsored

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
2019 MOAB with a 2.5” lift. Just put these 20x10 Fuel Mavricks with 305/55/20 Ridge Grapplers on it. I can’t get used to the look. Probably going back to 17’s. Still debating

Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 2C73D701-B43B-4C45-9906-302EDF126573

Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 2C73D701-B43B-4C45-9906-302EDF126573
Go 17s for sure

Ed Teach

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Moab
Occupation
Retired LEO
2019 MOAB with a 2.5” lift. Just put these 20x10 Fuel Mavricks with 305/55/20 Ridge Grapplers on it. I can’t get used to the look. Probably going back to 17’s. Still debating
Obviously there is a lot of personal preference involved, I don’t think they look bad, but I prefer the look of 17’s. Which lift did you go with?