Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

cn018_002jp67jc3grq8181isp4ccse5o7n09-jpg.jpg

Enjoy a live look at the Jeep 4SPEED Concept.

Details:

Light, quick and nimble, the Jeep 4SPEED concept is the latest in a line of lightweight Easter Jeep Safari concepts. Built “4SPEED,” this latest lightweight concept, following the popular Pork Chop concept in 2011 and Stitch concept in 2013, bolsters Wrangler’s off-road capability and performance through extensive weight savings, and showcases the all-new 2.0-liter turbocharged I-4 engine.

On the exterior, the Jeep 4SPEED concept features custom weight saving measures including a carbon fiber hood, high-clearance carbon fiber fender flares and a carbon fiber rear tub with perforated aluminum panels. The 4SPEED concept boasts a sleek side profile courtesy of a raked windshield, elongated door openings and an aggressively swept back custom cage. The rear of the concept utilizes custom, lightweight bodywork, and because of the combined weight savings, 4SPEED’s ride height is two inches higher than a stock Wrangler.

In addition to being lightweight, overall length has been shortened by 22 inches while leaving the wheelbase at its stock length, resulting in increased approach and departure angles.

For even more capability, Jeep 4SPEED features Dana 44 front and rear axles with a 4.10 gear ratio and 18-inch lightweight monoblock wheels wrapped in 35-inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires.

The interior features a customized instrument panel, and re-trimmed front seats, while the rear seats have been removed and a welding curtain has been repurposed as a bikini top. The floor has been bedlined and the foot wells have been replaced with perforated aluminum panels.

The Jeep 4SPEED is powered by a 2.0-liter I-4 turbocharged engine, mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
jeep-4speed-concept-2.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-4.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-5.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-7.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-8.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-9.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-10.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-11.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-12.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-13.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-14.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-15.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-16.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-17.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-18.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-19.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-21.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-22.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-23.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-24.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-25.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-26.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-27.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-28.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-29.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-30.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-31.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-32.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-33.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-34.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-35.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-36.jpg

jeep-4speed-concept-37.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I love that blue. I could never own it as a daily driver, but damn, I bet its a blast to drive.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
So much I love about this one. The color, the roll bar, and OMG that front bumper! Gimme gimme gimme

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I love the different paints on the dash. I really like the standard silver and red (and the Sahara one) but painting an accent or exterior color really is retro cool.

Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
What color is the exterior paint? Sting-grey?

Steve_South

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
isuzu dmx, prado landcruiser
well...they will never actually build it, but it gives you an idea how far you could go with your mods if you were friends with the jeep design team...but modify away..no matter what you do..yours wont look exactly like it..the rake of the windshield alone will be unachievable...for most.

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
that tail gate is amazing

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
Besides not having a carbon fiber grille, it's awesome.

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Of all the concept vehicles, the 4Speed is the Jeepiest Jeep and truest to the Jeep Icon image.

It is not the best Daily Driver ( unless you are wrangling cattle, checking oil rigs, or scouting beaches ), but this is pure 100% authentic Jeep out in the country transportation.

The shortened body is my favorite feature. The deeper rake of the windshield is second.

The trendy carbon-fiber fenders are my least favorite - fire curtain canvas over an aluminum frame would have been fine.

Great work by the Jeep Design Operation group.

FreedomRider

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Of all the concept vehicles, the 4Speed is the Jeepiest Jeep and truest to the Jeep Icon image.

It is not the best Daily Driver ( unless you are wrangling cattle, checking oil rigs, or scouting beaches ), but this is pure 100% authentic Jeep out in the country transportation.

The shortened body is my favorite feature. The deeper rake of the windshield is second.

The trendy carbon-fiber fenders are my least favorite - fire curtain canvas over an aluminum frame would have been fine.

Great work by the Jeep Design Operation group.

FreedomRider

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Everything here is about weight savings--and remember, carbon fiber is stronger than steel, so this is as much a function move as form.

Upek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2d
Wrangler Fel.jpg
What "18-inch lightweight monoblock wheels" are these?
Dimensions & Company please...
Sponsored

Last edited: