Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just got back from Idaho picking up bad mamma jamma

E9A23D5D-213C-4B91-8CC5-2DB2742BDF76.jpeg

7A544DD5-6049-4DB3-8860-B6E15D50F488.jpeg
I keep thinking how nice that leather looks though. its in the summer like i said but it sure does look nice when you open the doors

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So I decided to back up on a small snow bank last night... just because. I’m not a trail guy at all.:cwl:

55B253B5-0634-470A-A551-D1225DE31FCA.jpeg

A57E4158-4715-41B2-82C2-2DD239C7E6C3.jpeg
Where did you get that little radio antenna ? I have one for my JK right now but its about 12 inches long. that one really looks cool. but do you have a hard time picking up some stations ? Mines 12 inches long and some stations like ESPN radio goes in and out a lot even in town. thats the only thing i dont like about kt. but i wont go back to the long ones that come with it

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Where did you get that little radio antenna ? I have one for my JK right now but its about 12 inches long. that one really looks cool. but do you have a hard time picking up some stations ? Mines 12 inches long and some stations like ESPN radio goes in and out a lot even in town. thats the only thing i dont like about kt. but i wont go back to the long ones that come with it
That looks like an AntennaX The Shorty (5-inch) Antenna for (07 thru 18) Jeep Wrangler JK JL antenna. Can be found at Amazon, etc..

Yes, the AM/FM reception takes a hit, that is a given. Even the real popular, 24-inch antennax after market offering that is known to be very good, take a hit reception wise.

As far as Sirius/XM satellite radio, that is not impacted at all when you remove/change the AM FM "antenna".

The "satellite radio receiver" is what is used for SiriusXM reception.

On the Wrangler Jk and JL, the "satellite radio receiver" for use with SiriusXM resides up on top of the sound bar/roll bar, just above and behind the passenger.

Last edited:

JGrand48219

First Name
J. Grand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 2011 Chevy Camaro SS, 2016 Harley Road Glide
I bought the antenna from AutoZone, it’s nothing special, I spent about 12 bucks. I do have some issues once in a while with reception. I don’t think that antenna impacts the satellite radio.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I bought the antenna from AutoZone, it’s nothing special, I spent about 12 bucks. I do have some issues once in a while with reception. I don’t think that antenna impacts the satellite radio.
Can you post a pic of it please
Sponsored