Freedom panels sticker bomb

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
So I have been in the process of sticker bombing my freedom panels. Random stickers from amazon and other stickers from work or places that the wife and I travel too.

Wondering if anyone has sticker bombed anything on there jeep and what to do to keep them from peeling up once I've finished. I was thinking of a clear coat

20200611_065014.jpg

20200611_065005.jpg
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

my ocd hurts right now. :surprised: ill just leave this here to never return

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
you could cover them in clear bra vinyl when you are done.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What do you do when you want to sell it?

OP
OP
Aidencaster

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you could cover them in clear bra vinyl when you are done.
I was thinking of a clearcoat of some sort but I am not sure how it will act with the stickers. a clear vinyl sounds like it will hold up a little better potentially

What do you do when you want to sell it?
Sounds like a problem for either the next buyer or the dealership when I bring it in.

What do you do when you want to sell, can be used for any mod or alteration to a vehicle.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a problem for either the next buyer or the dealership when I bring it in.

What do you do when you want to sell, can be used for any mod or alteration to a vehicle.
I only do mods people will want. People that buy a house then paint it purple and yellow seem mystified why it won't sell.

OP
OP
Aidencaster

Aidencaster

First Name
Anto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only do mods people will want. People that buy a house then paint it purple and yellow seem mystified why it won't sell.
If you mod your jeep only to what other people will want. That's pretty boring. If I cant personalize my jeep to the way I want what is the point in doing anything at all then.

I understand your point on the next owner not liking it and either having to buy new panels or somehow take them off. But it's not theirs now its mine.

If I want to paint it purple and yellow and throw glitter on it. I'll do what I want

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
The next owner can always install the Mopar Hardtop Headliner kit ;)

I would second the vinyl cover. I don't think clear coat would do much to prevent the stickers from peeling. If they are going to peel, it will be because of the sun cooking the top side.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with this "stewardship" opinion in many, but certainly not every, case. Even if the Nazi HOA allowed it, I wouldn't paint my house purple and yellow...but yellow and purple...hmmm, maybe... ;) . I have a 2002 Corvette that I honestly hope, after I die, will go to someone who cares for it, and appreciates it, like I did...do. So, I've only modified the Corvette, IMO, tastefully.

But I have to laud exponentially more the freedom Aidencaster feels and exercises in making his Jeep his Jeep. It reminds me a bit of the punk aesthetic of Kaneda's motorcycle from the manga and anime AKIRA.

To be honest, I don't like the stickers either. But hey, you post on a public forum, that's implicitly soliciting opinions, and that's mine. So as to make this not entirely useless opinion...if you have stickers starting to peel, don't cha just put another sticker over it? Or just peel and replace it? Maybe keep a stack of extra stickers for maintaining this mobile art piece?

In my experience with stickers (on motorcycle helmets), when they peel, you can either super-glue them back on, or remove them cleanly - use Goo Gone and alcohol for cleanup - and replace with a fresh sticker. I think clear-coating the whole shebang will just be a mess, and won't archivally lock in or really protect the stickers.
Sponsored