Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
It wasn't chipped. So no idea where it came from.
As it is a federally endangered species, I wouldn’t expect it to be chipped. The only way to catch the perp is through informants. “Reptile Men” have HUGE egos, are known braggarts, and are usually wrapped up in the drug trade too - it goes hand-in-hand with the illegal exotic wildlife trade. Drugs and animals move through the same pipeline. I guarantee you the local herp folks know who it is.
Sponsored

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Well, there is this thing called the "Carolina Squat" and IMHO is so stupid, the owners should be neutered so they don't breed. I'll add that to the list of things people do that make me shake my head in disgust!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Curtis! I have a carport solution - I will be converting a horse stall that’s no longer used; I only have to put a short extension on it.

As I’ve said before, mods for my Jeep will be a slllloooowwww process, brother. I had a tow package installed last week. Today I swapped out the factory radio antenna with a 14” stubby. Does that count as a mod? Lol! Next up are rock sliders, probably in a few weeks; I already have them selected - https://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/306.htm. After that, steel front bumper and winch - the winch is picked out too https://www.harborfreight.com/9000-...-with-automatic-load-holding-brake-63769.html. Then a farm jack with body mounts.

The closest 4 Wheel Parts is about an hour north of here, in Tampa.

Any suggestions for an inexpensive front bumper, brother?
Good Deal about Horse stall !!! I have looked at ALL brands of Bumpers. They all range in price. Lights No Lights Winch No Winch. Full or Stubby. So many I lost memory of them. Range from few hundred bucks to 1000 bucks. Just depends on what you want. Google them and countless ones come up. I can look at home. I saved some from my 4 Wheel Parts emails. I'll check out your Links you posted as what you are looking at winch and sliders at home.

CRAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
This is at the excellent 4x4 shop that will be doing my mods. Parking next to this monster makes me feel so small...

ED285903-05C3-4013-80C6-14FFDA249E95.jpeg
Looks like a Florida 4x4 shop to me. Looks normal. I’d get your mods then roll out of that joint with a huge smile on your face!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Curtis! I have a carport solution - I will be converting a horse stall that’s no longer used; I only have to put a short extension on it.

As I’ve said before, mods for my Jeep will be a slllloooowwww process, brother. I had a tow package installed last week. Today I swapped out the factory radio antenna with a 14” stubby. Does that count as a mod? Lol! Next up are rock sliders, probably in a few weeks; I already have them selected - https://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/306.htm. After that, steel front bumper and winch - the winch is picked out too https://www.harborfreight.com/9000-...-with-automatic-load-holding-brake-63769.html. Then a farm jack with body mounts.

This is on sale for $ 299 That's about as low as they come to mount the winch on too.
Barricade Adventure HD Front Bumper (18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL)
Jeep Wrangler JL Emasculated {filename}

• Jeep Wrangler JL Emasculated {filename}
    (11:52)
    Customer pics (100+)

100+ Reviews 15 Answers
Market Price $457.99 You Save 34% ($158.00)
On Sale
$299.99 (each)

FREE Shipping
or as low as $27/mo with Affirm
see how much you prequalify for

• Item J107329-JL

WILL THIS FIT YOUR WRANGLER?

Choose Generation

Not sure if you have a JL or JK? Check out this guide

2018-2020 JL2007-2018 JK1997-2006 TJ1987-1995 YJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
This is on sale for $ 299 That's about as low as they come to mount the winch on too.

Customer pics (100+)
100+ Reviews 15 Answers
On Sale
$299.99 (each)

FREE Shipping

• Item J107329-JL

Choose Generation

Thanks Curtis; you’ve given me a lot to digest!

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Most of those photos probably come from Miami, which to Floridians, is another state/country of it's own. :)
Nope that ain't no Miami shit, That's more like central, north and Panhandle Florida.

This is Miami! It aint going off Road and there is no room to deflate them tires

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That guy who owns that truck did't build it to go where you go. What makes you such an expert on Florida terrain and driving conditions?
Wow. Way to revive an almost year-old post with absolutely nothing to add.

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL Emasculated J107329-JL?$prodpg640x480$

Customer pics (100+)

100+ Reviews 15 Answers
On Sale
$299.99 (each)

FREE Shipping

• Item J107329-JL

Choose Generation

I have the Aluminum version of that bumper and could not be happier, I get asked about it a lot. It should be noted that be careful with adding winch, and bumper that weight will likely lower the front end. With that said if you get a Lift you can equalize it however if no lift your JLU will be front heavy and looking down hill. One reason I went aluminum both overall weight and at that moment I did not have lift plans other than spacer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Emasculated Alta 1
Jeep Wrangler JL Emasculated Jeep cell tower

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Aluminum version of that bumper and could not be happier, I get asked about it a lot. It should be noted that be careful with adding winch, and bumper that weight will likely lower the front end. With that said if you get a Lift you can equalize it however if no lift your JLU will be front heavy and looking down hill. One reason I went aluminum both overall weight and at that moment I did not have lift plans other than spacer.

Nice, I had forgotten about this thread. I was a new Jeep owner last year and was not sure about going with extra weight and 35's etc without regearing the Sahara 3.45. Since found out a lot of Jeepers still do all that even with the Sahara and Sports. I have decided to pull the trigger on 2021 Rubicon and not worry about the Gearing since Rubicons are already made for more off-road use.

I like that bumper!! :like:

Do you like your doors? I love mine !! Used them when it wasn't raining here this spring and late winter. Had the wettest spring ever here.

Its been reaching 98 degrees here and even with Jeep wide open with half-doors I have found out its too damn hot. I closed my Jeep last Weekend.

Stay Safe!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I had forgotten about this thread and it was opened again. I now see it was a Horse shed you were going to make into a garage for Jeep. I thought it as old barn for some reason. OH, I know now. I slept since that time and old age forgot. :LOL::like::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Nice, I had forgotten about this thread. I was a new Jeep owner last year and was not sure about going with extra weight and 35's etc without regearing the Sahara 3.45. Since found out a lot of Jeepers still do all that even with the Sahara and Sports. I have decided to pull the trigger on 2021 Rubicon and not worry about the Gearing since Rubicons are already made for more off-road use.

I like that bumper!! :like:

Do you like your doors? I love mine !! Used them when it wasn't raining here this spring and late winter. Had the wettest spring ever here.

Its been reaching 98 degrees here and even with Jeep wide open with half-doors I have found out its too damn hot. I closed my Jeep last Weekend.

Stay Safe!

My Wrangler is a Sahara I added the Rubicon hood so do not be fooled by that, However while the Rubicon has different gearing that only comes to benefit in more hardcore off roading, whereas I chose the Sahara for two reasons.

1. I bought to tow behind my Class A as most Class Gas motor homes have a 5000lb limit and a Rubicon would have exceeded that

2. I have no rock climbing aspirations the lower gears were of no value. However I do have the Limited Slop Rear Diff and recently added Eaton Electric Lockers on the front, aside from intense rock crawling I likely now have MORE off road versitility and traction then a Rubicon.

I am built for overall traction, Snow/Rain/Mud where Lockers are not as effective without sacraficing fuel economy,

With that said at the time had I not had the weight restraints I would have bought a Rubicon, and now in retrospect knowing what I know now after building the Sahara I prefer my choices having the LSD rear and front Locker.

By the way I love these doors. I also have the Bestop 2 piece Fabric doors. I hate taking off and putting on the stock doors all spring ans summer especially since we RV about 100 days a year. I now leave the stock doors home and bring the soft doors and the EAG 1/2 doors and only use the soft doors when it rains. My hard doors are off in April and back on in October.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Wrangler is a Sahara I added the Rubicon hood so do not be fooled by that, However while the Rubicon has different gearing that only comes to benefit in more hardcore off roading, whereas I chose the Sahara for two reasons.

1. I bought to tow behind my Class A as most Class Gas motor homes have a 5000lb limit and a Rubicon would have exceeded that

2. I have no rock climbing aspirations the lower gears were of no value. However I do have the Limited Slop Rear Diff and recently added Eaton Electric Lockers on the front, aside from intense rock crawling I likely now have MORE off road versitility and traction then a Rubicon.

I am built for overall traction, Snow/Rain/Mud where Lockers are not as effective without sacraficing fuel economy,

With that said at the time had I not had the weight restraints I would have bought a Rubicon, and now in retrospect knowing what I know now after building the Sahara I prefer my choices having the LSD rear and front Locker.

By the way I love these doors. I also have the Bestop 2 piece Fabric doors. I hate taking off and putting on the stock doors all spring ans summer especially since we RV about 100 days a year. I now leave the stock doors home and bring the soft doors and the EAG 1/2 doors and only use the soft doors when it rains. My hard doors are off in April and back on in October.
Nice, since you live in Seattle how do you keep Jeep open so much. Thought it rained there LOT's?

I have been a Ram truck owner for a long time. My Jeep was a wild hair one day waiting on an oil change at dealership. My friend is the sales manager and I have bought all mine and family autos from him. I was sitting in his office looking at Jeep on the showroom floor. Saw it didn't have Hardtop break line and wondered what roof it had. He walks over and pressed the button and Sky One Top opened. I ended up giving him my Fob to my 2017 Ram and drove Jeep off floor home. My son has had a Jeep for a few years but he went big. 3.5 lift and 37's. But he roams Florida beaches.

I just never thought much about a Jeep until they put some Technology as my Rams had in them. They finally did so I got one.

I am getting the Rubicon for one day my bucket list is to run all the Rubicon trails at Moab Utah and make the Mojave Road run to the Travelers monument.

My Sahara I just went small with BFG KO2 33's and Teraflex spacer kit to level the Factory rake and give more space for moderate off-road use. I have disconnected my sways bars once for some trails.

Just ended up with the Jeep bug now. Do I miss my Laramie Rams YES but so be it. lol

Stay Safe !
Sponsored