Willys Edition JL Club Thread

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
Just picked up my 2020 JL Willys on Tuesday. Previously had a 15' JK sport, I'm loving all the upgrades in the JL cant wait to start the build!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 05590854-B6EF-44DD-BC29-8C46152232FB
Congrats!! It’s beautiful! My Willy’s is still on order. I’m so jealous! Enjoy it! Looking forward to watching you build it.

Chris_t_smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Willys
How you liking the highway on those 35s? I'm about to make the jump.
They actually run so much better than stock and helped eliminate some of the wind issue after the lift. I drive 70-80mph and barely notice anything. The mopar lift makes it sit higher than most 37s too

Gillytickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2.0 Turbo, 2" MOPAR lift
Nice, I'm still shopping around for tires. I'm going to try to get the stuff for the spare first. 32s on the mopar lift isn't bad but feels very incomplete lol.

Sponsored

Chris_t_smith

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Willys
anyone replace their fenders? Trying to decide on what to go with, I like the look of stock of how it flows but also want some clearance and to make the stance look wider

Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 867E63E3-F24A-4828-BC7B-1607F2C2787D
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 05AA7476-DE76-4784-8D96-9192E47CA4E0

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
90,91 & 60,61 they were off a unlimited, 3.6, hard top with tow package. The next stiffer one would have steel bumpers also I believe. I actually think it rides a little better, but maybe it's just a placebo.
I lifted this from another member's post. He pulled this together and I thought it was great!
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Edition JL Club Thread 05AA7476-DE76-4784-8D96-9192E47CA4E0
DMC and Mad:

This chart is confusing as hell because I am absolutely ignorant of how these codes match to reality in their differences, stiffness, etc. A number of the slots have incomplete indicators, and none of the JLURs match my hardtop, tow, stock bumpers, and auto xmission configuration. DMC's spring set has no indicators at all on this chart - not even to say they are JLUR.

Any idea on what I could safely / reasonably put on my Willys configuration - or more importantly, is there anything to specifically avoid?

I might eventually swap my stock bumpers for the steel Rubi's, but that is down the road a ways (I happen to like the OEM steels). If it makes no difference to set it up for them now, I would prefer to do that spring swap once, but also don't want a completely teeth jarring ride because I don't have the weight right now.

Any helpful thoughts or pointers to a different thread that might help cure my stupi - err - ignorance re: springs?

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
anyone replace their fenders? Trying to decide on what to go with, I like the look of stock of how it flows but also want some clearance and to make the stance look wider

You could go with Rubicon take offs or order. They provide more clearance, and will keep the overall lines.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

Any helpful thoughts or pointers to a different thread that might help cure my stupi - err - ignorance re: springs?
[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of information floating around on the threads, here is the link to one I found helpful.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-springs-on-sahara.10715/#post-255917

From all I have read the higher the number the stiffer the spring as evident with springs coming off of tow package vs non tow package. With that said the amount of configurations and differing spring numbers is confusing. I am still working on finding some answers as well. Like are springs from a 2.0L compatible with a 3.6L? Happy forum surfing!

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
There is a lot of information floating around on the threads... Happy forum surfing!
Thanks!

Yeah... that's the problem... there is a veritable WEALTH of information, but sometimes I pick the wrong query terms and it becomes exhausting to find the needle in the hay.

I never got a PhD because I hate research... 3 pages of Google (or a forum) and my patience is exhausted! :LOL:

Sponsored

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
DMC and Mad:

This chart is confusing as hell because I am absolutely ignorant of how these codes match to reality in their differences, stiffness, etc. A number of the slots have incomplete indicators, and none of the JLURs match my hardtop, tow, stock bumpers, and auto xmission configuration. DMC's spring set has no indicators at all on this chart - not even to say they are JLUR.

Any idea on what I could safely / reasonably put on my Willys configuration - or more importantly, is there anything to specifically avoid?

I might eventually swap my stock bumpers for the steel Rubi's, but that is down the road a ways (I happen to like the OEM steels). If it makes no difference to set it up for them now, I would prefer to do that spring swap once, but also don't want a completely teeth jarring ride because I don't have the weight right now.

Hi GrumpyBadger- the think the value of the chart is to first find a few sets of take-off springs and then determine (using the chart) if they would likely meet your needs. I agree that the chart is not complete but you're not looking for an exact match here. I think you'd want a set of springs from a 4-door with hard top, tow and steel bumper, if you can find them. Front: 659, 660,661, 662 and Rear: 590, 591, 592 seem to be the parts you are looking for.

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I put the Rubicon flares on my Willys. Plenty of clearance and led turns too

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
I’ve got a Willy’s on order and am collecting mods for it while I wait. Are the fender side marker lights on the Willy’s LED? If not, I was going to pick up the Diode Dynamic lights.
Sponsored