First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
3.5 JKS Lift with 20x9 Fuel Vapor DDT with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Regear to 5.13 as well.

20200514_182818.jpg
looking Jeep!!!

How do like the 5.13’s? Thinking about regearing mine to 5.13 as well. The shop here keep telling me to go with 4.88. They say the 5.13 is too much

Also... how do you like the KC light bar? Think that’s my next add.
Sponsored

smgill75

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
looking Jeep!!!
Thanks!!!! I was initially against 20" wheels, but my shop convinced me to 20s instead of 17s based on my daily driving miles and my on/offroad mix. Their claim was better balancing of the tire / wheel combo and better offroad manners. I still have a good amount of sidewall. It is the reason I went to a 13.5 wide tire to get a bit more contact before airing down. Time will tell, and I hope I don't' regret sticking with 17s.

How do like the 5.13’s? Thinking about regearing mine to 5.13 as well. The shop here keep telling me to go with 4.88. They say the 5.13 is too much
I love the 5.13's! I see major debates back and forth between both. For me, the deciding factor was that 4.88 is widely accepted to "return to stock." My Jeep is a daily driver with a 90 mile round-trip commuted. With 33s and 4.10, I was consistently not hitting 8th gear at maintaining highway speeds. I just passed my break-in on my gears and have been happy. I used the regearing time as a good opportunity to replace the diff covers as well.

Also... how do you like the KC light bar? Think that’s my next add.
The KC bar is awesome! No whistling or other wind noise and I love the classic round look. They are expensive, but I couldn't be happier.

Hope this doesn't take the thread too far off topic, but here are some pics. BTW - no pics can do the brightness justice, and I'm sure this holds true to any light bar pictures
Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit kc_lights2

Took advantage of a foggy night to get a beam pattern pic.

Jeep Wrangler JL 35" and 37" JL pics with lift kit kc_lights3

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks!!!! I was initially against 20" wheels, but my shop convinced me to 20s instead of 17s based on my daily driving miles and my on/offroad mix. Their claim was better balancing of the tire / wheel combo and better offroad manners. I still have a good amount of sidewall. It is the reason I went to a 13.5 wide tire to get a bit more contact before airing down. Time will tell, and I hope I don't' regret sticking with 17s.

I love the 5.13's! I see major debates back and forth between both. For me, the deciding factor was that 4.88 is widely accepted to "return to stock." My Jeep is a daily driver with a 90 mile round-trip commuted. With 33s and 4.10, I was consistently not hitting 8th gear at maintaining highway speeds. I just passed my break-in on my gears and have been happy. I used the regearing time as a good opportunity to replace the diff covers as well.

The KC bar is awesome! No whistling or other wind noise and I love the classic round look. They are expensive, but I couldn't be happier.

Hope this doesn't take the thread too far off topic, but here are some pics. BTW - no pics can do the brightness justice, and I'm sure this holds true to any light bar pictures

Nice! I totally agree on the classic styling of the round lights. I'm running similar stuff on my old Ram and my JL, I just could never get into the brick shaped LED bars

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

kc_lights2.jpg

kc_lights3.jpg
Wow. I’m definitely going to do the lights. How about the a-pillar lights. Do they block your view much?

Sponsored

smgill75

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Wow. I’m definitely going to do the lights. How about the a-pillar lights. Do they block your view much?
No, you do notice that they are there, but they aren't major obstructions. I can take a picture from the driver's seat later and respond hrere.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No, you do notice that they are there, but they aren't major obstructions. I can take a picture from the driver's seat later and respond hrere.
That would be awesome. Much appreciated!

Sponsored

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

kc_lights2.jpg

kc_lights3.jpg
Okay... last question... I think. What light and beam pattern did you go with on the a-pillar? I’m in the middle of ordering and am not sure!

smgill75

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Okay... last question... I think. What light and beam pattern did you go with on the a-pillar? I’m in the middle of ordering and am not sure!
I went with wide 40 for the pattern and have them aimed slightly out. I wanted maximum coverage when cornering a trail at night. I have them all wired to AUX1. If I had them separately, I might have done a driving or spot patten. KC shows a nice description of their patterns.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I went with wide 40 for the pattern and have them aimed slightly out. I wanted maximum coverage when cornering a trail at night. I have them all wired to AUX1. If I had them separately, I might have done a driving or spot patten. KC shows a nice description of their patterns.
Thank you for answering all my questions. ORDERED!

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Went with the Wide 40 for the a-pillars.
Sponsored