Sponsored

Warn Zeon 10s install plus a few other goodies (pics)

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
I finally tackled the Warn Zeon 10s winch install this weekend. It's the first time I installed a winch of any kind, so it took longer than expected but it was well worth the work. It's a BIG winch, so I had to slightly grind the frame horns to make room, but it fits. I also selected the Factory 55 fairlead and Ultrahook. Also, I installed black lug nuts, fire extinguisher and Mag light with the Bartact holders. Really pleased with how Christine is coming along.

pick3.jpg

pick4.jpg

pick5.jpg

pick1.jpg

pick2.jpg
Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
I finally tackled the Warn Zeon 10s winch install this weekend. It's the first time I installed a winch of any kind, so it took longer than expected but it was well worth the work. It's a BIG winch, so I had to slightly grind the frame horns to make room, but it fits. I also selected the Factory 55 fairlead and Ultrahook. Also, I installed black lug nuts, fire extinguisher and Mag light with the Bartact holders. Really pleased with how Christine is coming along.

pick3.jpg

pick4.jpg

pick5.jpg

pick1.jpg

pick2.jpg
Coming together nicely!

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Did you have a lot of front end droop and did you have to put any spacers on the front suspension?

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)

pick3.jpg

pick4.jpg

pick5.jpg

pick1.jpg

pick2.jpg
That looks great! I'm looking forward to installing my Zeon 10S...just waiting on my mounting plate.

Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
That’s a very nicely put together Jeep! Very tasteful on the mods. Nice work

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Looks good and I cannot wait to do the same to mine! I do have a question: why did you use Factor 55's fairlead?

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Paul, nice choices! Where did you source your black lug nuts from? Was the OD of the seat of them the same as the OEM lug nuts? I ordered and received some splined black lugnuts from Amazon - but I am concerned that they don't engage the full taper of the Mopar wheel lug holes. In other words, their diameter just too narrow.

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Paul, nice choices! Where did you source your black lug nuts from? Was the OD of the seat of them the same as the OEM lug nuts? I ordered and received some splined black lugnuts from Amazon - but I am concerned that they don't engage the full taper of the Mopar wheel lug holes. In other words, their diameter just too narrow.
Same question here. I got some black Pro-Comp lugs from 4Wheel Parts but they aren't right, seating/diameter is fine, but they stick about 2 inches out past the rim. Might as well have Mad Max style spikes.

So, where'd ya get yours and do you like them?

Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good. Which wench plate did you use? Do you have install pics?
Thanks, and I used the JCR Offroad winch plate. I am very impressed with how it fit, and have no complaints. Unfortunately, I did not take install pics, although looking back I wish I would have.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have a lot of front end droop and did you have to put any spacers on the front suspension?
I measured the front after install, and ironically there is no additional droop at all. The winch was probably 70 lbs, and the winch plate maybe 10-15lbs, but no droop. No spacers used.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good and I cannot wait to do the same to mine! I do have a question: why did you use Factor 55's fairlead?
Thanks so much, and I used the Factorty 55 fairlead simply because I did not want the bright chrome looking Warn fairlead. In keeping with the black/red theme of my rig, the Factory 55 fairlead has a nice dark gray looking finish which I thought blends well with the front bumper. Of course, I also installed the Ultrahook by F55, so I wanted to coordinate as well :). I even went to my local hardware store and purchased dark colored bolts for the fairlead and ultrahook as I didn't want stainless bolts sticking out like a sore thumb. That's my own humble opinion of course, but just think the little details add up.

OP
OP
PaulNY

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ Pony parts has the Gorilla black lug nuts for the '18 JL. Here is the link, and thanks for the kind words.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla...ameter-black-jeep-wrangler-jl-2018/p/WHLLN62/

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Which fact 55 fairlead, 1 inch or 1.5 inch?
Sponsored