MeLLy's 2020 Unlimited Sahara

justmelly

First Name
MeLLy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
So I've had a few Wranglers in my life. Once Jeep is in your blood, it never leaves. The last Jeep I owned was a 2006 Rubicon. I miss that Jeep. Since then I did the Mommy thing and went the Grand Cherokee route. Didn't quite leave the Jeep family but it wasn't the same.

I recently got "the itch" again. So, with all the crazy virus stuff going on, I decided to add some brightness to my life. I did some digging around and almost went the Rubicon route. I decided since I could get $6K off if I went with the Sport or Sahara, I decided to get a Sahara and will build it up as I go and save me some money. I went with the Altitude package as I love the white/black look. Here are my first pics. Next week I get the Mopar lift on and then will get tires and rims. (The stock ones are so ugly)

So happy to be back in the family!

First thing I did: Added my Kentucky stickers. =)

Jeep1.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.JPG
Sponsored

GeepNee

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2018 Tesla Model 3
So I've had a few Wranglers in my life. Once Jeep is in your blood, it never leaves. The last Jeep I owned was a 2006 Rubicon. I miss that Jeep. Since then I did the Mommy thing and went the Grand Cherokee route. Didn't quite leave the Jeep family but it wasn't the same.

I recently got "the itch" again. So, with all the crazy virus stuff going on, I decided to add some brightness to my life. I did some digging around and almost went the Rubicon route. I decided since I could get $6K off if I went with the Sport or Sahara, I decided to get a Sahara and will build it up as I go and save me some money. I went with the Altitude package as I love the white/black look. Here are my first pics. Next week I get the Mopar lift on and then will get tires and rims. (The stock ones are so ugly)

So happy to be back in the family!

First thing I did: Added my Kentucky stickers. =)

Jeep1.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.JPG
Lookin' like twins. I lifted her 2 days ago.. Congrats on the new ride.
Before and After 4.18.JPG

OP
OP
justmelly

justmelly

First Name
MeLLy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:

Got my 2” Mopar lift installed. Super excited about that. Just waiting now on my wheels that are on back order and then I can get those installed. Right now, with the lift and stock tires, it looks like my Jeep skipped leg day.

D8326519-0CF2-440C-97A3-FFEDDA932901.jpeg

GeepNee

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Update:

Got my 2” Mopar lift installed. Super excited about that. Just waiting now on my wheels that are on back order and then I can get those installed. Right now, with the lift and stock tires, it looks like my Jeep skipped leg day.

D8326519-0CF2-440C-97A3-FFEDDA932901.jpeg
What wheels and size tires did you end up getting?

Sponsored

OP
OP
justmelly

justmelly

First Name
MeLLy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What wheels and size tires did you end up getting?
I ended up going with the 20" Black Rhino Barstow wheels and the 35" Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar tires.

OP
OP
justmelly

justmelly

First Name
MeLLy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Was being jerked around on the wheels so I went with something similar to the Black Rhino ones. I went with Fuel Ammo and went with smaller 17” size with the 35” tires.

B73E3513-50C9-4FEF-B0BA-6F1BC1EC77C1.jpeg

9A160DD5-2697-4D39-A041-6F48D237E135.jpeg

OP
OP
justmelly

justmelly

First Name
MeLLy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
justmelly

justmelly

First Name
MeLLy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was great debate on whether the wheels were put on correctly from Discount Tire. I didn't even notice that on the outside it said "This side inboard." I went back to Discount Tire to make sure and the guy who looked at it told me wrong. He said it was fine because DOT was on the outside. Upon later inspection, it says DOT on both sides. Went back for the spare tire (it had to be ordered) and talked to the manager who fixed the issue. Wheels are now on correct. Pic is below. I still need to buy black wheel locks to match.

IMG_3971.jpg

Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I see a lot of people changing their antenna, aside from looks / getting rid of the giant long metal whip antenna, are there other reasons behind changing it? Thanks
Sponsored