Sponsored

Anyone have pics of 2.5 lift with 32’s on?

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Hi there, looking to get the RC 2.5 lift for my JLU. I plan on getting 35’s in the future but for now Im not sure what it would look like with a 2.5 lift and my current 32s

My Jeep with stock suspension and factory tires:

thanks !

0B075A84-367B-4076-91C5-D000F9A07145.jpeg
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

theres a huge RC lift thread. tons of pics on different models on different size wheels and tires. 32s are pretty uncommon but im sure there are some in there. moabs also have same size tires so a stock moab with RC lift will also help you. keep in mind Rubis have higher fenders which make the lift look different. focus more on non-rubis.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
I'm still waiting on Fuel Ammo Anthracite 17x9 -12 offset wheels. Going to mate them with all-terrain 35x12.5x17 of either Nitto Grappler EVO's, Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler Ultrterrain AT's or BF Goodrich KO2's but stll making up my mind. Cooper's are still a possibility.

Damn CV insanity putting a hold on everything. However here are the before and after pics with the Mopar 2.5" lift with the factory Michelin 285/75R/17's.

Can't wait to helping get this economy rock and rolling again with at least 5 new wheels...

Jay

IMG_20200318_191705.jpg

IMG_20200320_175217_1.jpg

OP
OP
migyb

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I'm still waiting on Fuel Ammo Anthracite 17x9 -12 offset wheels. Going to mate them with all-terrain 35x12.5x17 of either Nitto Grappler EVO's, Goodyear Duratrac Wrangler Ultrterrain AT's or BF Goodrich KO2's but stll making up my mind. Cooper's are still a possibility.

Damn CV insanity putting a hold on everything. However here are the before and after pics with the Mopar 2.5" lift with the factory Michelin 285/75R/17's.

Can't wait to helping get this economy rock and rolling again with at least 5 new wheels...

Jay

IMG_20200318_191705.jpg

Thanks for this!

Jay

IMG_20200318_191705.jpg

This is exactly what I needed to see. Thanks! - you have any pictures of the front/back?

Sponsored

OP
OP
migyb

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
lift02.jpg
lift01.jpg

2 1/2" lift wi stock KO2's

Are you looking to upgrade to 35s?

thanks for the pic, I think I’m gonna get tires first and then lift just not digging the gap between fenders and tire. Nice Jeep !

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
migyb,
I had planned to get some different tires but truth be told, I just don't care much for cartoon rubber. Makes a Jeep look like a hot wheel car. I pull a teardrop trailer and don't want to regear so I will keep close to this size. My favorite size is 285/75/17 so just an inch bigger. I also hate having the tires outside the fenders. I know the thing looks weird in the photos but it looks much better in person. I'm used to it now and with the longer LCA's it tracks well with my trailer. Sad to say, it's just about perfect for me. I'd LOVE to get a trektop Ultra and when I win the lottery I'll do that. Til then, it's pretty much how I like it. I am watching the Seicane head unit thread and will get one when my free Sirius radio expires. Had one in my JK and was so happy with it I put one in my teardrop. It's a matter of time....

OP
OP
migyb

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
migyb,
I had planned to get some different tires but truth be told, I just don't care much for cartoon rubber. Makes a Jeep look like a hot wheel car. I pull a teardrop trailer and don't want to regear so I will keep close to this size. My favorite size is 285/75/17 so just an inch bigger. I also hate having the tires outside the fenders. I know the thing looks weird in the photos but it looks much better in person. I'm used to it now and with the longer LCA's it tracks well with my trailer. Sad to say, it's just about perfect for me. I'd LOVE to get a trektop Ultra and when I win the lottery I'll do that. Til then, it's pretty much how I like it. I am watching the Seicane head unit thread and will get one when my free Sirius radio expires. Had one in my JK and was so happy with it I put one in my teardrop. It's a matter of time....

Makes sense. I mean, I don’t think it’s horrible looking with 34’s. I have 32’s right now so I think that’s gonna look quite awkward with the lift.

I’m not a big fan of having wheel spacers too. My personal taste is just to find that good ratio of looks/functionality.

I think rubicon models have higher fenders than the sport so I think that’s what’s throwing me off.
Come to think of it, as I stare longer at your rubi, im starting to like the look of it. I think I just focused solely on the fender gap and not the entire look of your Jeep as a whole

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Makes sense. I mean, I don’t think it’s horrible looking with 34’s. I have 32’s right now so I think that’s gonna look quite awkward with the lift.

I’m not a big fan of having wheel spacers too. My personal taste is just to find that good ratio of looks/functionality.

I think rubicon models have higher fenders than the sport so I think that’s what’s throwing me off.
Come to think of it, as I stare longer at your rubi, im starting to like the look of it. I think I just focused solely on the fender gap and not the entire look of your Jeep as a whole
The Rubicon doesn’t even need a lift for 35s. Why lift it if your not going larger than 35s?

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for this!

This is exactly what I needed to see. Thanks! - you have any pictures of the front/back?
I wouldn't use this as a good guide. The Mopar lifts are known to give more than what they advertise and that is a FULL suspension lift where as the RC lift is a SPACER lift. The RC lift will be a 2.5" steel puck up front and a 2" steel puck in the rear, yet they call it a 2.5" lift. I know because we ran it for awhile, I posted two old pics below to show it but it's with 33s off a Rubi.

IMG_0602.jpg
IMG_1066.jpg

View attachment 305394

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Thanks for this!

Miguel,

I just pulled Snoopy out of the garage. Here are some more pics.

For me, I'm only driving on 32's (Michelin 285/75R17) with the Mopar 2.5" (actually closer to 3.0") because my Fuel Ammo wheels are not yet available during this Wuhan Virus mess.

However, this gives me a great chance to evaluate the lift isolated from mounting my intended 35" tires. The ride is awesome, slightly stiffer than stock but it both steers and handles well. I personally like it better than the original suspension, it rides and feels so much more of what I believe a Jeep should be. Besides, I think it looks great. I'm not intending to sell my current wheels/tires, so if the 35s don't work out I can always drive with what I have now.

Granted I'll have to have the speedometer recalibrated when installing the larger tires. A higher diameter means less revolutions per unit distance, therefore the indicated speed would be less than true velocity. This speed difference is of course dependent on the size of the tire. However if I ever go back, I think I can deal with indicated speed higher than true, but not vice-versa.

I'll be a little worried about the overall weight of the larger wheels/tires and the impact of performance with both braking and fuel economy, especially in regards to the stock gear ratio of the stock sport axles.

My primary concern is whether or not I'll have to regear to a higher ratio (from the factory 3.45) when I increase the tire size. I'm not planning on doing so until I'm convinced it's certainly needed. Lot's of differing opinions on that subject by itself on this forum. I'll determine this for myself. In fact looking forward to it.

So you'll never have to consider all of these other details if you stick to riding on the 32's. Either way, I like the look (and feel) of the lift. It may give the impression of too much distance between the tire and the flare, but the flares are mounted lower on the sport. I'd say this impression would probably be true for a Rubi, but who in the hell would ever buy a Rubicon (lift it) and then put smaller tires on it? That would be like adding an angry grill...

I'm really looking forward to my 35's and evaluating all the other complications. But never will I ever decide to revert back to stock suspension with the 32's. I like this ride now way better. I've got the best JL Sport S setup on the planet. The 35's (for me) will only make it that much better. The only better Wrangler setup would be on a similar bad-ass 2dr Rubi...

Hope this helps.
Jay

IMG_20200411_105807.jpg

IMG_20200411_105940.jpg

IMG_20200411_105914.jpg

IMG_20200411_110026.jpg

IMG_20200411_110105.jpg

IMG_20200411_115427.jpg

OP
OP
migyb

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys

Come to think of it, as I stare longer at your rubi, it’s starting to like the look of it. I think I just focused solely on the fender gap and not the entire look of your Jeep as a whole
Miguel,

I just pulled Snoopy out of the garage. Here are some more pics.

For me, I'm only driving on 32's (Michelin 285/75R17) with the Mopar 2.5" (actually closer to 3.0") because my Fuel Ammo wheels are not yet available during this Wuhan Virus mess.

However, this gives me a great chance to evaluate the lift isolated from mounting my intended 35" tires. The ride is awesome, slightly stiffer than stock but it both steers and handles well. I personally like it better than the original suspension, it rides and feels so much more of what I believe a Jeep should be. Besides, I think it looks great. I'm not intending to sell my current wheels/tires, so if the 35s don't work out I can always drive with what I have now.

Granted I'll have to have the speedometer recalibrated when installing the larger tires. A higher diameter means less revolutions per unit distance, therefore the indicated speed would be less than true velocity. This speed difference is of course dependent on the size of the tire. However if I ever go back, I think I can deal with indicated speed higher than true, but not vice-versa.

I'll be a little worried about the overall weight of the larger wheels/tires and the impact of performance with both braking and fuel economy, especially in regards to the stock gear ratio of the stock sport axles.

My primary concern is whether or not I'll have to regear to a higher ratio (from the factory 3.45) when I increase the tire size. I'm not planning on doing so until I'm convinced it's certainly needed. Lot's of differing opinions on that subject by itself on this forum. I'll determine this for myself. In fact looking forward to it.

So you'll never have to consider all of these other details if you stick to riding on the 32's. Either way, I like the look (and feel) of the lift. It may give the impression of too much distance between the tire and the flare, but the flares are mounted lower on the sport. I'd say this impression would probably be true for a Rubi, but who in the hell would ever buy a Rubicon (lift it) and then put smaller tires on it? That would be like adding an angry grill...

I'm really looking forward to my 35's and evaluating all the other complications. But never will I ever decide to revert back to stock suspension with the 32's. I like this ride now way better. I've got the best JL Sport S setup on the planet. The 35's (for me) will only make it that much better. The only better Wrangler setup would be on a similar bad-ass 2dr Rubi...

Hope this helps.
Jay

IMG_20200411_105807.jpg

IMG_20200411_105940.jpg

IMG_20200411_105914.jpg

IMG_20200411_110026.jpg

IMG_20200411_110105.jpg

IMG_20200411_115427.jpg

first of all, nice jeep!
And yeah I hear ya about reading mixed reviews on what to do to the Jeep after getting bigger tires. From what I’ve read, with 35s, it’s the magic medium where you don’t have to alter much to your Jeep,(maybe just calibrating the speedometer). I’ve also read that sticking to 35s keeps your ride similar to stock.

In my opinion, with 35s, snoopy’s gonna look even more bad ass. If you don’t mind the ride of your Jeep, I say run it till you need new tires. Slap those 35s and you’re set!

OP
OP
migyb

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I wouldn't use this as a good guide. The Mopar lifts are known to give more than what they advertise and that is a FULL suspension lift where as the RC lift is a SPACER lift. The RC lift will be a 2.5" steel puck up front and a 2" steel puck in the rear, yet they call it a 2.5" lift. I know because we ran it for awhile, I posted two old pics below to show it but it's with 33s off a Rubi.

IMG_0602.jpg
IMG_1066.jpg

View attachment 305394

It looks like there’s a big difference between spacer lift and a “real lift”.

maybe it’s a couple of centimetres in difference but I think it’s quite noticeable! What setup are you running now? How did you like having the rc lift?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like there’s a big difference between spacer lift and a “real lift”.

maybe it’s a couple of centimetres in difference but I think it’s quite noticeable! What setup are you running now? How did you like having the rc lift?
Definitely a big difference between spacer and full on lift. A full on lift will also vary between companies, some companies put a little more love in there because they figure it might be a hard top with steel bumpers and a winch so the guy using that same lift on a soft top stock will get more lift.
A spacer lift is exactly what it claims.
The RC lift wasn't bad, it is what it is... $180 and you will get 2.5" of lift in the front and 2" in the rear. They give you extended sway bar links and also brackets to extend your shocks. It rides like stock because you are using all stock components. We then removed the shocks and extension brackets and ran the Rancho RX5000 shocks for a year. We didn't like it, it's a stiff shock that after a year really started to feel like crap. With that setup we ran as hard as we could with the stock axles and open diffs out in Moab and Ouray.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/our-trip-out-west-with-open-diffs.34306/

Then we trashed the rear axle off roading and upgraded to D44s with lockers for next to nothing.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...t-your-poorly-designed-diff-drain-bolt.37030/

We now have completely redone the Jeep and are running a 3.5" Teraflex ST3 lift with Falcon 3.1 shocks, Steer Smarts draglink and tie rod, Falcon 2.1 stabalizer and a Teraflex trackbar, sitting on 37" Patagonias. Just a little bit tweaked over stock ;)

It'll be up on blocks in about 45 mins since the Mrs. wants her beadlock rings painted hot pink... lol.

If you have any questions feel free to PM for my cell number and we can chat. I enjoy helping others figure out what they want to do and sharing what I've learned. I just helped a guy from GA figure out what he wants to do and he was going through similar thing that you are.
7260D035-EC49-4ABE-B061-7DEE167A8167.JPG
Sponsored