recall aftermath

Sohm Wan

First Name
Sohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit 2011
if the manufacturer sends out a recall but there is not remedy, what to do you do? do they loan you a car until a remedy can be found? buy back the car? trade you a similar car? cause i would feel sketch if something were to happen while i was driving.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
if the manufacturer sends out a recall but there is not remedy, what to do you do? do they loan you a car until a remedy can be found? buy back the car? trade you a similar car? cause i would feel sketch if something were to happen while i was driving.
What recall are you talking about? Did you sign any documents with FCA or the dealer saying they would do these things? The dealer has no control over FCA delays. Especially with all of the problems right now everything takes more time.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
If it's for the manual transmission pressure plate, no, they don't do anything. You keep owning it, driving it, paying for it until they have a remedy. There is no remedy available right now but hopefully will be ready soon. The silver lining of my state being on lockdown is I am telecommuting and haven't needed to leave the house except once every week or so for groceries.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
The recall announcement is so you are informed. Not that they know what the hell they are going to do about yet
Sponsored