Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
personally, I would go take a look at them when the Jeep arrives...... you might really like them and you could likely get this upgrade for free.
This ^.
I was in a similar position last year. My Jeep was supposed to be one of the last 2018's but ended up being one of the first 2019's. My sticker matched the order my sales guy put through at the dealer the entire way . A week before delivery, my sales guy called me and we were arranging pickup. He said:

"Now, it looks like there is one issue. Did you order leather interior? It looks like this order has Leather"
No, I didn't. I ordered fabric and was planning on doing seat covers or something because I have kids.
<Double checks everything- Info is all correct>
"Oh, alright. Did you want the leather? If not we can fix it or we can order another one"
I mean, not really. And seeing as how it's December, I really kind of need the Jeep before the snow hits.
"Ok, alright, I'll write that off for you then. That mistake was on our end- so you'll get that for free."

Truth is, I didn't mind the leather- I just wanted to save a little money and leather interior was one of the places I figured I could do that. If I had to do it again, I'd 100% go for the leather, and heated.

Granted, my sales guy was cool as F, and he wanted to get the deal done and make sure we were both happy. Me turning down a $40k+ special order on delivery because someone checked the wrong seat box when entering it into their system vs. just eating the $1500ish charge for the leather was a no brainer at that point. Some sales people and dealers are far less negotiable and will take a hard stance, or unscrupulous and will try to sneak in upgrades and charge you- There have been a few stories about it on the forum.

Bottom line: If they aren't willing to give it to you for free or fix it for free to get the deal done, and you feel that strongly about it- I would turn it down.
Sponsored

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR on order, 2020 Ram Limited, 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, 1967 C-10
Please keep me sane... I ordered a Recon - that has all the red accents. Red stitching on the dash, red seatbelts, etc. I ordered the standard black leather that has red stitching, leather shifter, leather brake, etc.

What is on my maroney sticker is the perforated leather upgrade. The one that does cost more. But, it's my understanding that has white stitching. That does not get the leather shifter, leather wrapped console lid, etc.

Feels like white stitching would just be wrong against all the red accents already in the car. Am I over thinking this?
Keep in mind that besides the white stitching both the perforated and diamond stitched "upgrades" have the jeep grill instead of "Rubicon" on them. Also you won't have the leather wrapped parking brake and shift knob, premium door panels or rear seat armrest/cup holders. When the "upgraded" leather is selected it is on the cloth interior with Katzkin covers added at the factory. The Katzkins are generic as far as model so that's why the stitching is white and it has the jeep grill vs Rubicon stitching.

See post #6 for first hand experience.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/perforated-leather-seats-information.15994/

Mr Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0
Same thing is happening to me. Window sticker says perforated but I ordered the regular black leather seats. My order sheet shows the regular black leather seats as well. We’ll see what I actually get.

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
Same thing is happening to me. Window sticker says perforated but I ordered the regular black leather seats. My order sheet shows the regular black leather seats as well. We’ll see what I actually get.
Sending you a PM Mr. Rubicon for some details

Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
i say wait till it arrives (it may be correct) if its not then negotiate a discount, take it home and die the white stitching red with a sharpie.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Well, with everything else going on all around the world, I trust that your Jeep arrives, as ordered.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Did i dream it or did i read on a post that someone took a Q-tip and dyed the white seams red with fabric markers, clean the leather and he had red seams.But make them pay in some way
Yeah, it was just a simple red fabric pen and it ended up looking great. It may take a while to do it right, but would definitely save you having to wait if you cant live with the white stitching.

Mr Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0
Even though the online building tool shows perforated seats with white stitches. Mine came with the red stitching.

85B4B309-9429-4A9A-A256-A7A1264047FE.jpeg

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
Even though the online building tool shows perforated seats with white stitches. Mine came with the red stitching.

85B4B309-9429-4A9A-A256-A7A1264047FE.jpeg
Congrats!

Could you post a pic of the back seat? Do you have the rubicon middle with the fold down cup holders in the arm rest? Or is it the cloth seat back seat with a cover on it?

Sponsored

Mr Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.0
It’s the cloth seats with leather covers so you lose the rear cup holder.

E6EAED6C-C4F5-4D27-88EC-1E05038E1C1A.jpeg

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR on order, 2020 Ram Limited, 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, 1967 C-10
Interesting to see it has the red stitching. Looks good!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Special ordered in February, looks like it just snuck out of the factory. Ordered a new Recon... factory black leather (red stitching) to match the red stitched dash.

Somehow - they put on the perforated seats with white stitching (per the maroney sticker).

This is not a great time to try and re-order a car. It's going to be months. What are my options? Would Jeep change the interior under warranty?
When did it ship? You have a delivery date yet?

Lgkaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Was at the Jeep dealership (parts) picking up some goodies and I was able to look around at some 2020 Rubicons out on the floor. They had the perforated seats w/red stitching as well.

65E196D5-2C19-446C-8E87-795EDB2A492E.jpeg

F02DBA17-CC78-4F24-9B82-F5504282191E.jpeg

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
It’s the cloth seats with leather covers so you lose the rear cup holder.

E6EAED6C-C4F5-4D27-88EC-1E05038E1C1A.jpeg
So the upgrade of perforated leather seats are just seat katzkin seat covers over cloth seats?
Sponsored