Sponsored

Popular Jeep Tires (size, weights, specs, pics)

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No problem with 35x12.5 on the rims or tailgate.

4647C3D0-2C77-4524-86A3-256CF2021675.jpeg
Very nice! Did you have to 'sweet talk' the installer to get the 35x12.5 on stock rims?

I like and want to keep my Rubicon rims, but want the 35x12.5 size.

Eyeing the KM3s, Trail Grapplers, and Dynapro MTs as options for my daily driver.

Opinions? What's the largest size anyone has gotten on OEM rims without having to fight the installer? TIA
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Very nice! Did you have to 'sweet talk' the installer to get the 35x12.5 on stock rims?

I like and want to keep my Rubicon rims, but want the 35x12.5 size.

Eyeing the KM3s, Trail Grapplers, and Dynapro MTs as options for my daily driver.

Opinions? What's the largest size anyone has gotten on OEM rims without having to fight the installer? TIA
I have seen people put 37 1350 on the stock wheel i would not do it. Discount tire won't even do it it's not safe i'm not going to argue with anyone they'll be people that will argue all day that have done 1350s and said it's no problem they go off-roading and they do this and they do that but you can look at it when you put it on the tire bows in the tires not made to bow in i've got a picture i'll see if i can find it of the same tire on three different size wheels and it looks like different size tires you want a tire try to pull out as wide as you can why are the tire the better is if it's on a wheel that's narrow i would not do it 12:50. Damn sure would do a 1350 but people do it it's just not safe lots of things you can do doesn't mean it's safe.why take a risk there's plenty of wheels that look just as good if not better than the stock wheels if it's the money situation that i understand but still it's not worth having something happened. Plus i think black wheels look better than stock wheels in my opinion

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
What wheels and spec? Looking for wheel to match my Granite.
upload_2020-1-5_8-31-12.jpeg

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! Your right. Now that I look close I see the recessed air fill.

Sponsored

Samhian1031

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Clubs

TY for the Awesome thread, now I just need to decide on wheels, which is proving increasingly difficult.

CMâ›°

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite Crystal
I’ve heard a lot of people suggest that the on-road ride on an “E” tire is just too stiff for a Jeep. For those running an “E” rated tire, any regrets about your choice? Would you recommend eliminating the choices that are only available in “E”? I think I’d rather run a “C” or “D” if all were available that way, but they are not. Thanks for your responses.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I have read a lot of tire threads and seems to me the majority who already have E rates tires say they are fine and just air them down more. I have eliminated E rated from my choices but i dont offroad like many here and their needs may be different. I guess I might be considered a mall crawler ( though I dont go to malls lol) it is easier for me because I still like 33 in tires.

USAFREODRetired

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ve heard a lot of people suggest that the on-road ride on an “E” tire is just too stiff for a Jeep. For those running an “E” rated tire, any regrets about your choice? Would you recommend eliminating the choices that are only available in “E”? I think I’d rather run a “C” or “D” if all were available that way, but they are not. Thanks for your responses.
I'm running 35" General Grabbers in the E rating. I also have a Dynatrac lift kit with Fox shocks, and I'm having zero issues with those tires. Yes, a bit stiff, but barely noticeable. My wife didn't notice the difference. Love this setup.

Sponsored

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently running 35" BFGoodrich KO2's, with an "E" rating. They were the only choice in that size, from that manufacturer, that were available with raised white letters. I wish that they offered them in a "C" (like stock) or "D" rating.

I can't tell how much of a difference there is in ride comfort as I replaced them as soon as I got home from the dealership. I run them at 30-32 PSI, they seem fine to me.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Nice list...add milestars patagonia to the list. The 315/70/17 load d weighs 68lbs, 37/12.50/17 load d weighs 72lbs and the 38/13.50/17 load c weighs 78lbs
I will do that to the bigger list. I had not included them before as I was not interested in them after my personal research and seeing how fast they wear out here in AZ. As many miles as I put on my Jeep I would go through 2 sets a year most likely thus removing their value factor. However for anyone is a less brutal climate and environment, that drives less I think they are great off-road tires.(I am looking at a set in a size larger for off-road use only).
Sponsored