Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
this on 11.2.0?
So I thought I had 11.1.5 but it turned out I was running 11.1.8.. Anyway, I updated to 11.2.0 and tried it out and it is still doing the same thing. Midway through the video, I went into 4L to show it locks/unlocks fine. Since a video is worth a thousand words, here it is:

Sponsored

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
So I thought I had 11.1.5 but it turned out I was running 11.1.8.. Anyway, I updated to 11.2.0 and tried it out and it is still doing the same thing. Midway through the video, I went into 4L to show it locks/unlocks fine. Since a video is worth a thousand words, here it is:
Took my JL today and tried this many times and can’t replicate the problem.
What year is yours? Did Tazer locker function ever work? Did you change any settings? Any other live features active?

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Took my JL today and tried this many times and can’t replicate the problem.
What year is yours? Did Tazer locker function ever work? Did you change any settings? Any other live features active?
It's a 2018 and yes lockers worked in 4hi before, here's the order of events:

- Purchased tazer JL in ~july 2019, upgraded firmware at that point. I'm assuming it was 11.1.2
- Installed and married
- Changed TPMS to 25psi both front and rear.
- lockers on 4Hi were tested and worked fine at that point.
- In february, unmarried and removed the tazer for dealer appointment.
- Before reinstalling, upgraded to 11.1.8, reinstalled and married again.
- Noticed the TPMS settings were reset to factory so set those back to 25psi again.
- Tested lockers on 4Hi and it was doing what you see in the video.
- Unplugged and upgrade to 11.2.0 and plugged back. Does the same thing as you see in the video.

The only live setting I use is the ESS kill.

Anything else I can do to help you reproduce or narrow down the issue? Or maybe I can reset everything to see if it fixes the issue? Not sure how to go about that so please provide the steps.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Hey Joe.!

Question... is it possible to add a feature on the Tazer JL Mini that allows to "disconnect" the electronic sway bar?.. see.. I have a 2018 Sport Unlimited... I recently bought an electronic sway bar disconnect.. I know this smart bar uses CAN Bus to operate.. and of course... my Sport has no way to generate the proper data on the CAN Bus to command the sway bar to disconnect since my poor Sport doesn't even have a "sway bar" switch .. I can buy a Mopar 56046716AC switch kit that includes the sway bar button.. but !! that thing uses LIN Bus.. so I have no idea that even if I connect it to the LIN Bus if my Sport is going to have the proper intelligence / firmware, etc. to generate the packets on the CAN Bus to command the sway bar to disconnect..

Thanks!!

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Hello, Joe @joe@zauto!
I have a small problem with Tazer Mini - the firmware version was 11.1.8, I've updated it to 11.2.0 , but the problem persists.
So, actually, I can't get WINCH MODE. The WINCH MODE won't work in any way - neither from pressing the "LEFT" and "RES" buttons as described in the manual, nor with mapping the button to this function. It just shows "WINCHMODE ON/OFF" but nothing changes. Rebooted partially, rebooted fully, changed winch RPMs in the main menu - nothing. Please see video :

Any advice on my issue? My Jeep is 2020 JLUR - EMEA export RHD version.
Thank you in advance!
P.S. In general the rest works perfectly - swaykill to a button, force backup camera to a button, TPMS adjustment, tire size, ESS kill, etc...

UPDATE: Force backup camera works perfectly with the MUTE button on the radio, but not from the steering wheel button - how could I not suggest that :)))

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
(the one between volume up/down buttons on the back side of the steering wheel, correct?).
Mine works with the mute button on the radio... I didn't even know you could mute from the steering!

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine works with the mute button on the radio... I didn't even know you could mute from the steering!
Ooookaaaay.... )))) I should try the button on the radio. Yes, there's a button between the volume up/down buttons on the steering wheel that mutes the audio on the right side, and on the left side it changes the audio source (between next/previous buttons)

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it works with the mute button on the radio perfectly - I should have guessed that by myself ! )))

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
A few days ago I discovered this option and, for my part, using the "mute" button on the car radio only works one time out of five (approximately).

Is it a speed problem when I press it twice? or another cause?

Bluezlgnd

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone tried to update to the latest firmware lately? The software on my computer does not want to recognize the USB connected Dongle. I tried this on 3 different computers, all with the same issue. Figured I'd check here to see if anyone had tried to update their firmware issue and had the same issue. I don't want to send it in for repair if it's not needed.
Thanks

Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone tried to update to the latest firmware lately? The software on my computer does not want to recognize the USB connected Dongle. I tried this on 3 different computers, all with the same issue. Figured I'd check here to see if anyone had tried to update their firmware issue and had the same issue. I don't want to send it in for repair if it's not needed.
Thanks
Updated mine TazerMini several days ago to firmware 11.2.0 - all went smooth, nothing unusual. Have you tried changing the mini-usb cable? In most cases the cable might be causing the issues...

Bluezlgnd

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Updated mine TazerMini several days ago to firmware 11.2.0 - all went smooth, nothing unusual. Have you tried changing the mini-usb cable? In most cases the cable might be causing the issues...
Thanks. That is the only thing I haven't done yet so it's on the to-do list next. I wanted to see if anyone had any recent issues or if it was just me ;-0 I guess we know the answer.

Saltytostitos

First Name
Sean L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR - Bubbles
Occupation
FCA Dealer
I do the same. I was skeptical when I was asked to add this feature, but after using it a bunch of times in snow and really rough roads, I can say it makes for a much better ride. I also have it mapped to a cruise button so it will stay disconnected at any speed, but once I hit normal roads and go over 40-45 mph I reconnect.
Does anyone disconnect their sway bar while in 2wd on the trails? What are the steps
Nope. It is a traction device, so if the front wheels are disengaged, I don't see the point.
Every time. I usually go to parks with a lot of park trails between obstacles and this prevents me from having to stop the caravan to restart the disconnect process, because we all know how aggravating it is. Also, you can actually turn while in 2WD and you will have the articulation. I would not recommend completing obstacles in 2WD, though -- make sure you're in 4-low as it's easier on the transmission.

I usually have to come to a complete stop in 2WD, press the button, then I can take off. I usually have to be moving a bit for the sway bar to disconnect. Now you can navigate between 4WD and 2WD without the sway bar reconnecting.

Saltytostitos

First Name
Sean L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR - Bubbles
Occupation
FCA Dealer
A few days ago I discovered this option and, for my part, using the "mute" button on the car radio only works one time out of five (approximately).

Is it a speed problem when I press it twice? or another cause?
I find that if you close the Backup Camera with the X on the screen, you cannot re-enable with the mute toggle. I have to re-open the Backup Camera with uconnect, then my mute toggle works again. Always turn it on/off with the Mute toggle.

@joe@zauto is this a bug to report? I JUST upgraded from 11.1.5 to 11.2.1.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks
Have you tried to get the latest version of the software (version 2.10)?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.