First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
My dealer said 0% applies to the 4-door Rubicon JLUR. He also said he doubts FCA extends out the 0% and that I should buy today! Lol....I’ll wait.
I called on 2 that I found yesterday and they both tried to get me to get the deal done. I told the salesman these arnt going anywhere today and your price is still too damn high for the recession we are about to walk into. Told them both GLWTS, and to call me when the price comes down. Finally buyers have total control...this is going to be nice.
Sponsored

Sohm Wan

First Name
Sohm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit 2011
finding that little speck of gold in the sh*tastic storm.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
I feel for all of those who are hurting and without jobs. It is very nice though to see things switch over to where the buyer is in control. I am guessing end of April into May we may see what transpires. Many dealerships I was lurking went from covertly open to now no appointments can be made without some proof you are part of some "essential service"

So many of these vehicles arent able to move period, and any in-transit are going to be showing up and sitting.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The economy is smellin like a pan fried turd.

I hope that political leaders are really trying to figure out how to get this economy restarted soon while keeping folks acceptably safe from this virus.

Ackman said “hell is coming_”. I disagree to a point..... “hell is coming in 4 weeks if we don’t have a plan to restart and are restarting by then.”

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
My dealer said... I should buy today! Lol....I’ll wait.
Sounds like your dealer is a slick salesman.

Everyone loves a good deal and you certainly deserve one. But you have to know when to put your chips on the table and when to pick them up and walk away.

In Vegas, the house has the advantage. Why? Because people play the wrong games and don’t know when to take appropriate action.

Obviously you know your finances better than anyone else so it’s on you to decide when the time is right for you to move forward (if it ever is). Kudos to you.

Sponsored

Baysider

First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL 2 Door
Bummer, just bought my first wrangler last month before everything hit the fan.

Llkindt

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu sport s
If it gets to 0% for 5 years I'll trade in.
I noticed tonight VW has 0 percent for 72 months plus 180 days deferred payments. Didn't really read the fine print but this is the first,"we need to do something", move by a manufacturer that I have seen. Maybe the folks over at Jeep will take notice.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I noticed tonight VW has 0 percent for 72 months plus 180 days deferred payments. Didn't really read the fine print but this is the first,"we need to do something", move by a manufacturer that I have seen. Maybe the folks over at Jeep will take notice.
I think more car companies will follow in this economy.

Other car companies have been doing that for slow moving models and inventory. I noticed it about 2-3 weeks ago. It seems to change pretty often so you need to check daily for actual deals.

I think Kia has or had 0% x 84 / months plus deferred payments for X-months plus some kind of insurance if you loose your job. There were ads a week or two ago?

GM has 0% X 84 / months and deferred payments for x-months also.

Ford has 0% and deferred payments. Ford is also offering payment assistance due to covid19.

Subaru has 0% x 60 months and 3 months deferred payment on the Outback and Forester.

VW's 0% x 72 /months should help move cars. Too bad VW just eliminated their 6-year / 72K mile bumper-to-bumper warranty for their 2020 models. For 2020 models it's 4-year / 50K bumper-to-bumper plus two years of free, factory-covered maintenance.
Sponsored

Last edited: