Sponsored

Dash Speaker - Upgrade to 4"

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
I have searched the forum's, and have an inquiry.
Has anyone attempted to replace the upper dash speaker with a 4" speaker? I know it would require a modification, but I am curious if anyone has attempted this mod.
This is more of a curiosity thing, as I know most will think I am an idiot for asking.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have searched the forum's, and have an inquiry.
Has anyone attempted to replace the upper dash speaker with a 4" speaker? I know it would require a modification, but I am curious if anyone has attempted this mod.
This is more of a curiosity thing, as I know most will think I am an idiot for asking.
I doubt it would fit. There's not a whole lot of room in that space. I tried to install a 3.5" Rockford Fosgate Punch in my JK and the speaker wouldn't fit - it was way too big and was hitting the ac/heat vent tube. Pretty sure you'll find the same in the JL.

OP
OP
ToPar9

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
I doubt it would fit. There's not a whole lot of room in that space. I tried to install a 3.5" Rockford Fosgate Punch in my JK and the speaker wouldn't fit - it was way too big and was hitting the ac/heat vent tube. Pretty sure you'll find the same in the JL.
I appreciate the information. I am toying with a few different ideas, this being down on my list of possibilities. I wasn't sure of the available depth. I guess I could have popped the grill off and measured it myself.
I was more curious if someone has successfully accomplished this or tried and it failed.
Again, thanks for the response!
Sponsored