First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Bright Freakin' White
Occupation
IT Manager
Alright finally received the bumpers and a few other items so Installed them this week end.
Smittybilt didnt pack any plastic cover or rubber caps for the 4 holes in the rear bumper for the sensors. GRRRRR trying to get in touch with somebody at Smittybilt isnt the easiest thing to do.
Thanks again Dadgummit. The 10" light bar mounted up perfectly.
Now I'm just waiting on the wench, fogs, and cubes/brackets and then we will be done faze 2.

Smitty1.jpg

Smitty2.jpg

Smitty3.jpg

Smitty4.jpg
Looks great! I’ll PM you with some info...
Sponsored

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Okay this a heads up for anybody thinking of running Baja Designs Squadrons-R Pro pocket kit, for fog lights in this bumper.
They don't come close to filling in the circle at all. I'm super disappointed in the fit. The light itself is sick but the fitment is nowhere near where it should be. I know I ordered the correct ones. they give you a choice between all three bumper styles.

Fogs n tint .jpg8 (2).jpg

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

Fogs n tint .jpg13.jpg

Fogs n tint .jpg14.jpg

Fogs n tint .jpg15.jpg

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
well after grinding away the frame and some of the bumper, the winch finally fit and lined up with the holes.

winch.jpg3 (3).jpg

brewskisteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2001 Ford F350 4x4 crew cab 7.3L diesel
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Alright finally received the bumpers and a few other items so Installed them this week end.
Smittybilt didnt pack any plastic cover or rubber caps for the 4 holes in the rear bumper for the sensors. GRRRRR trying to get in touch with somebody at Smittybilt isnt the easiest thing to do.
Thanks again Dadgummit. The 10" light bar mounted up perfectly.
Now I'm just waiting on the wench, fogs, and cubes/brackets and then we will be done faze 2.

Smitty1.jpg

Smitty2.jpg

Smitty3.jpg

Smitty4.jpg
I bought the same bumper package from Smittybilt yesterday. I see you have the rear bumper sensor holes and no sensors. Have you filled those holes and what with? I don't have the sensors on my Rubicon and I want to plug those holes.

Thanks,

Steve

Sponsored

Dethwalkin

First Name
Darryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I bought the same bumper package from Smittybilt yesterday. I see you have the rear bumper sensor holes and no sensors. Have you filled those holes and what with? I don't have the sensors on my Rubicon and I want to plug those holes.

Thanks,

Steve
I got in touch with smittybilt and they sent the plugs to me. They are included with the bumpers so if you dont get them just call them up!

brewskisteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2001 Ford F350 4x4 crew cab 7.3L diesel
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I got in touch with smittybilt and they sent the plugs to me. They are included with the bumpers so if you dont get them just call them up!
Hey Thanks for the reply, they did show up with the bumper as you said. Love the bumpers!

Ewok

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Thinking about this for my rubicon. I saw where one person posted a 3/4in sag in the front. Has anyone else measured any sag.
Thanks

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I have this bumper and a Warn Xeon 10s winch, they’re both heavy, and measured 1/2” drop in height

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
SB Gen 3 XRC 12k winch dropped in perfectly. I did install winch BEFORE mounting the bumper.

Jeep - New Bumper and winch-2.jpg

Jeep - New Bumper and winch.jpg

Sponsored

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have this bumper and a Warn Xeon 10s winch, they’re both heavy, and measured 1/2” drop in height
Some on this thread have reported that they had to do some grinding of the frame and bumper to install a Warn ZEON 10-S. Was this your experience too? Did you attach the winch to the bumper before installing the bumper, or after? Thanks!

Don Gilmer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
SB Gen 3 XRC 12k winch dropped in perfectly. I did install winch BEFORE mounting the bumper.

Jeep - New Bumper and winch-2.jpg

Jeep - New Bumper and winch.jpg
Tom,

If i bought the winch after installing the bumper, do you recommend removing the bumper before installing the winch or could it be done with the bumper installed?

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Tom,

If i bought the winch after installing the bumper, do you recommend removing the bumper before installing the winch or could it be done with the bumper installed?
You can try to install with the bumper still on. You may want to get some help (small hands). Install the fairlead first (can't get to the nuts with the winch there) and then the winch. The hardest step will be getting the 4 nuts on the bolts. It is a super small space and awkward.

parda03

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 wrangler and 2015 sahara
Installed a VR10s and some lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL Smittybilt XRC Gen2 Front Bumper Jeep - New Bumper and winch
did you have to do any mods to install that bumper? I have the Zeon and it is too long and wont fit without cutting the bumper. Called Warn and they said the VR is the same size. Do you have any pictures of the install?

parda03

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 wrangler and 2015 sahara
I installed the XRC this past weekend. I like the looks of this bumper but beware it is just not sized to fit Warn winches. I tried to pair it with a Warn Zeon 10s. The bumper its self was a pretty easy install but fitting the winch in the bumper took about 4 hours. where the winch mounts you have to cut the upper+inner corners off of both frame rails. This bumper only mounts with the other 3 holes anyway. Install tip, use a pneumatic die grinder because you will overheat your dremmel before the first cut is made.

Once you hack up your new $50,000+ jeep's frame you will find that the bumper also needs to be cut before the winch can line up with the mounting holes in the bumper. Once you finish grinding your new bumper and the winch is in you will come to the realization that if you need to ever replace your headlight bulbs you will have to completely remove the winch from the vehicle. To replace headlight bulbs you have to take off the grill and the winch is right against it.

Final thoughts are I like the bumper's looks and the winch does fit after A LOT of work, The construction is very strong and it checked off all of my must-haves: 1. winch sits between the frame rails for airflow and looks, 2. uses factory fog lights, 3. has a manly bull bar, 4. has a skid for the electric sway bar disconnect.

With the extra weight of the bumper and winch over the factory plastic bumper it sits right about 3/4 of an inch lower at the axle than it did before. If you are wondering the factory plastic bumper weighs 32 pounds.

Here are the pictures

Both corners have finish damage. Strange thing is the box was perfect, this tells me it was packed that way.

Here is where i had to grind the bumper to make it fit

The other side technically fit but it is right against the steel of the bumper so a winch cover cannot fit to protect the expensive rope.
I have same Zeon and tried to fit on 2015 Sahara with same bumper. Hits top mounting bolt on passenger side and Vacuum on drivers side. Did you cut the bolt and relocate the vacuum?
Sponsored