Bestop Supertop Ultra JL owners?

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
Question for people with a Bestop Supertop Ultra JL. The initial install looks a bit time consuming. Once on is the process the same to remove to put the hardtop back on or can some hardware stay on? Just debating how much work it would be to switch tops back and forth for Winter.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Question for people with a Bestop Supertop Ultra JL. The initial install looks a bit time consuming. Once on is the process the same to remove to put the hardtop back on or can some hardware stay on? Just debating how much work it would be to switch tops back and forth for Winter.
I don't own one, but have read a number of times that soft tops can be removed at least mostly assembled. The initial assembly helped adjust it to your specific jeep, so it shouldn't require being disassembled to every last part. Your only limiting factors would be a second set of hands and the space to store the assembly.

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Can’t comment about the ultra, but with the trek top nx it took about 2.5 hours to install initially. I can install it now in about 40 minutes after removing the hardtop. It’s pretty simple once you have the frame/surrounds together etc,

marianol

First Name
Mariano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Following this one, I have the hardtop but want to switch them in winter/summer.
Looks like the SoftTop Ultra is almost the same as the MOPAR one, so some MOPAR owners may chip in.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Following this one, I have the hardtop but want to switch them in winter/summer.
Looks like the SoftTop Ultra is almost the same as the MOPAR one, so some MOPAR owners may chip in.
Our Supertop Ultra for JL is very similar since we build the OEM premium top for Jeep, but they are considered different products. There are subtle differences between the two tops but are functionally very similar. Both tops have a twill fabric though there may be some variations given when the fabrics were sourced, tops produced, etc.

BTW - we currently have a $200 rebate on our twill tops or free home installation through end of April.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

Tstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350. jlu.
I placed an order on bestop.com on 4/4/20 for item 5245217. I used a 10% off code at checkout. Will I still be eligible for the $200 rebate?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I don't see a y discount applied to a Twill Sunrider for the JL/JT. Price is $850, where is Rebate?
Also, isn't the Sales Tax applied to the " before Rebate" price ? Why not discount the $200 at sale, no higher sales tax, wait for Rebate..

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I placed an order on bestop.com on 4/4/20 for item 5245217. I used a 10% off code at checkout. Will I still be eligible for the $200 rebate?
I don't see a y discount applied to a Twill Sunrider for the JL/JT. Price is $850, where is Rebate?
Also, isn't the Sales Tax applied to the " before Rebate" price ? Why not discount the $200 at sale, no higher sales tax, wait for Rebate..
The rebate is a mail-in rebate so it has to be sent in after you receive your product. This is also the same rebate program that is offered through all our partners.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

marianol

First Name
Mariano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Order Placed (04/03) right after @Bestop replied :giggle:. Supertop received in record time (04/05 Great Jobs folks) and is already installed!!!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Installation was easier than I thought and is looks and functions great, I LOVE IT, I cannot be happier :jk:

I will post better pictures soon, but these are fresh out of the oven.

Now waiting on the mail-in rebate :)

20200410_190855.jpg

20200408_190823.jpg

marianol

First Name
Mariano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
To answer the question of the OP:

From the looks of it once it is installed the "theoretical" process to go back to the hard top will be:
1) Take out the stoppers in the door surround guides (4 Allen bolts)
2) Lower the soft top to the retracted position, since the stops are gone it will disengage from the rail at the top
3) Unbolt the "lift assists" from the sport bar
4) Take the whole thing in one thing out and find a place in the garage to put it... :blush:
5) Take out the door surrounds (8 bolts) and store them in another place in the same garage (if possible :giggle:)

And Bob is your uncle....

as for the practical, I can tell you when winter comes :jk:

Sponsored

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@JLRubiTron
Hey Todd, we have an install video that you can see here.
I'll get a .pdf over to you as soon as I can, though it will be a little delayed (working from home due to pandemic).
You can always give our customer service a call if you need it right away. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
@JLRubiTron
Hey Todd, we have an install video that you can see here.
I'll get a .pdf over to you as soon as I can, though it will be a little delayed (working from home due to pandemic).
You can always give our customer service a call if you need it right away. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
youtube link is no good

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
@JLRubiTron
Sorry, try this one.

Lee
Thanks for the video. I installed mine last weekend but had a couple of questions:

Is it supposed to lock when fully retracted? (mine does not at this time, not sure if that's normal or if fabric needs break-in time)

Does rear window need to be removed when sunrider is fully retracted (to prevent pressure buildup)?

Thank you
Sponsored