First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys / 88' BMW 528e LS Swap / MK7 GTI
Occupation
Chair Force
We were able to order our manual Jeep, yesterday! Got the VIN today! Leon at Criswell has been awesome! He has been in touch with us about updates and contacted us as soon as he could place the order.
Can I ask what options you ordered? I placed an order 4 weeks ago and still have no received a vin!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sbelcher

Sbelcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Can I ask what options you ordered? I placed an order 4 weeks ago and still have no received a vin!
Wow! Sorry you haven’t gotten your VIN yet. Hope you get it soon. We ordered a manual Sahara with pretty much everything but Advanced Safety.

PaulwithJeep

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
So, Paul, my jeep has been on order since the beginning of February. Will I be at the front of the line? Do they build the manual transmission at same time as the automatics or do they produce one for a while and then the other?

Don't know how much you know but it's more than me!
I doubt they build Wranglers in batches based on Transmission but I'm not sure how the plant is laid out. Your salesman or dealership should be able to track it for you and give you updates. If you need help you can DM me the VIN of your incoming vehicle and I can look it up for you.

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Physics and Astronomy Teacher
I doubt they build Wranglers in batches based on Transmission but I'm not sure how the plant is laid out. Your salesman or dealership should be able to track it for you and give you updates. If you need help you can DM me the VIN of your incoming vehicle and I can look it up for you.
Thanks, Paul- Tat's really nice of you. I've done some research and there's almost nothing that is done in batches. They switch between different trims levels, paint, powertrains, and even 2 & 4 doors with no discernible pattern.

I sent you a DM but I promise to to bug you after this!

6spdjeep

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU HA, 2020 JLU Sahara (Lemon), 2017 GC Hemi
I am now at a month since my order has been placed. I have a vin but still no sticker. When I message jeep chat they say they are gathering parts and that is what my sales woman is telling me as well. Is there any hope for my manual sahara order?

Sponsored

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR on order, 2020 Ram Limited, 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, 1967 C-10
I am now at a month since my order has been placed. I have a vin but still no sticker. When I message jeep chat they say they are gathering parts and that is what my sales woman is telling me as well. Is there any hope for my manual sahara order?
We ordered on 2/6 and have also received a VIN. Have been sitting in "D" status (gathering parts) ever since. Its just a combination of the manual recall, factory shut downs, and bad timing to order. My question is the VIN designates a MY 2020. If this goes too long they'll be building 2021's. While I'm sure there won't be much physical change I don't necessarily want pay for a model year old new car.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
We were able to order our manual Jeep, yesterday! Got the VIN today! Leon at Criswell has been awesome! He has been in touch with us about updates and contacted us as soon as he could place the order.
Try looking your Vin up on sites like MOPAR - you won't find it, you will be told "...that's because it hasn't been built yet..." I ordered my Willy's Feb 17th, got the Vin, got the VON, got the Build Code, still nothing... I don't blame Chrysler for the virus, I do blame them for the poor communication.

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
We ordered on 2/6 and have also received a VIN. Have been sitting in "D" status (gathering parts) ever since. Its just a combination of the manual recall, factory shut downs, and bad timing to order. My question is the VIN designates a MY 2020. If this goes too long they'll be building 2021's. While I'm sure there won't be much physical change I don't necessarily want pay for a model year old new car.
Buildout for the 2020 Wranglers was scheduled for the last week of July prior to the factory shudown. Not sure yet whether that will be pushed back or not but waiting for a 2021 will result in a late August/early September delivery at best.

We've already been notified that when production resumes the factory orders will be built first so keep the faith. If it turns out to be too much of a delay, you can always cancel and reorder a 2021. When the factory reopens, send me your VIN and I will confirm sttus for you.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Try it for yourself and compare the

Never said I did that. Grow up.
From your own post. Post #24 of this thread.

"When I ordered my 2019 Rubicon, I wanted the V6 with an Automatic. Over the next several months, the dealership told me they couldn't submit that order into the system. I had to go with the V4 Auto or a V6 Manual. In the end, I ordered a V6 Manual but by the time my Jeep was built and delivered, other dealers were receiving inventory with V6 & Automatics. I raised the issue with FCA but it all turned out to be a waste of time. No one was ever able to explain why I was told my preferred configuration couldn't be special ordered while at the same time Jeep was manufacturing my configuration. I love the Manual BTW and glad I went with the V6 … I find engine breaking is far better than with the V4."

The above is a direct quote of a statement you wrote.

The 2.0T is a inline-4 not a V4 like you stated. You can't try it and compare because you cannot get a manual with the 2.0T. The 2.0T is only available with the 8-speed automatic.

Sponsored

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I placed my order for a Willys, V6-Manual, etc. I have a Vin# and Order #, very similar to what you have experienced. I was told today "...there still isn't a fix for the problem and the factory is still shut down..." They are still taking our orders and I assume you had to leave a deposit like me of $1,000.00 - when they have NO idea as to when they can start building them. If they still don't have a fix for the problem and they still don't know when the factory will start up again - how long do we have to wait ??
No one seems to have an answer to this.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Hey Paul, I'm hoping you can give me some additional information. I ordered my Willys February 17, 2020. My VIN # is
1C4GJXAG1LW289472, My status is " D-firm schedule serial number is assigned", VON # is 45535363 is there any information you can give me as to the build ? When I look this up all I get is "VIN NOT FOUND" When I asked about this, I was told the VIN is not found because they haven't built it yet.

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR on order, 2020 Ram Limited, 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, 1967 C-10
Hey Paul, I'm hoping you can give me some additional information. I ordered my Willys February 17, 2020. My VIN # is
1C4GJXAG1LW289472, My status is " D-firm schedule serial number is assigned", VON # is 45535363 is there any information you can give me as to the build ? When I look this up all I get is "VIN NOT FOUND" When I asked about this, I was told the VIN is not found because they haven't built it yet.
I ordered 2/6 and am in the same boat. I have a VIN and have been in "D" status for quite sometime. This will be the case until the factorys resume and there is a fix for the transmission recall.

6spdjeep

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU HA, 2020 JLU Sahara (Lemon), 2017 GC Hemi
So here is my question. My manual was ordered on 2/15 and is in the "Gathering parts" stage. I have a VIN and VON. Once the factories reopen (hopefully May 4th) will they be building manuals because of the recall or will they continue to be delayed? If there is going to take another couple months just to get a manual I am thinking I should place a diesel order.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
So here is my question. My manual was ordered on 2/15 and is in the "Gathering parts" stage. I have a VIN and VON. Once the factories reopen (hopefully May 4th) will they be building manuals because of the recall or will they continue to be delayed? If there is going to take another couple months just to get a manual I am thinking I should place a diesel order.
I placed an order on 3/14 for a JLUR with a MT. I would have done it sooner but FCA briefly stopped accepting orders for MTs, so I had to wait a few weeks. From what my dealer told me, they stopped taking MT orders while they came up with a fix for the MT recall issue. Now any new MT will have the fix implemented at the factory. There's been no report of MT delays (aside from COVID-19, obviously), but I have heard of some people waiting longer for their diesel builds.
Sponsored