First Name
K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
@BBDOC
@NickTinVA

I have posted the pic of the grounding point in the passenger foot well a few times. I have gotten a bunch of Pm's saying that ground point worked out great. I have also heard from other's that the ground point did not do the job or it was not the best ground lets say.

The guys that had good experiences using that ground point, carefully, cleaned the paint off that ground point, then used it. There is often a heavy coat of paint on that ground point.

Anyway, very good ground point to use but DO, clean paint off well, before using it or expect no or iffy grounding...

footground.jpeg
That’s actually 1 of 3 ground points there, the other 2 would be no-brainers also because they are already in use and working... the new ground could go between the nit and either existing black wire.Grounds should not cause interference with each other, unless something isn’t hooked up right...
Sponsored

KGriner

First Name
K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I wired my dash cam to the battery cable under the dash and ever since then my XM radio has cut in and out. No issues when using Bluetooth audio from my phone. I was following another thread about radio and backup camera issues thinking I have the same problem, but then came to realize that if I just unplug my camera the issue goes away. Wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues. I plan on rewiring this week to the Aux wire to see if it makes any difference.
That’s actually 1 of 3 ground points there, the other 2 would be no-brainers also because they are already in use and working... the new ground could go between the nit and either existing black wire.Grounds should not cause interference with each other, unless something isn’t hooked up right...

I’m a newbie here but I do have a bit of previous install experience, I worked for BMW in Germany a few years ago.

I don’t have the aux switch setup yet but for ignition on power, I installed my own aux power strip on the drivers side for my radar detector and my dual dash cam and whatever other things I’ll need in the future.

I ran a fused jumper from the fuse box into the long wire rail at the top of the firewall (it pops open) then down to a plastic grommet in the drivers side firewall, then zip tied a 4 terminal strip under the dash for future use.

I’ll post a separate thread here a little later with step by step info and pics.

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Today we installed a lighted whip on the back of the Jeep (mounted it on the tire carrier, relocation bracket / mount).

After much research we wanted to help and/or save others time finding and identifying the AUX cables.

Here is a short video and photo showing the wiring color codes and where to find them to install your Jeep accessories, which will work with your AUX switches.

The interior AUX cables / wires are located inside front passengers side footwell area or foot kick plate area (as the video and photo below shows).

Hope it helps!

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-auxiliary-switches-jpg.jpg

Jeep Acc.jpg

Also underhood locations (posted by @Brazilbombsqd):

Aux Switch 1 F93 - 40 Amp Beige/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Aux Switch 2 F92 - 40 Amp Green/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Aux Switch 3 F103 - 15 Amp Orange/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Aux Switch 4 F108 - 15 Amp Dark Blue/Pink Interior (passenger side under instrument panel) & Underhood (right side near battery)
Battery F72 - 10 Amp Red/White Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)
Ignition F50 - 10 Amp Pink/Orange Interior (passenger side under instrument panel)

Also see other AUX switch discussions @ https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...switches-configuration-installation-diy.1477/
the Pink with Orange Stripe and Orange with Pink stripe don't match to what Marlene posted so who's right and who's wrong Thank you
you have Orange/Pink for AUX 3 she has Pink/orange for Aux 3

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Awwwwe, your picture is pretty too ;)
one of you is wrong !! check the colors for AUX 3 and Ignition they are reversed in one of your diagrams please let me know who's correct

cshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 2019
Yes, the same same under the hood. Do know though, that the Aux kit that is installed by the owner only has 4 wires. No Direct to Battery and Ignition/Acc wire.

Remember, if you use 1,2,3,4 under the hood you can't use the same in the foot well and vice versa.
I am trying to install by myself and I have a different connector on the passenger side so I don’t know what orange wire should I use to do the bypass. Does anybody know what the orange wire is for ? I am trying to do it myself on a different connector.

minute 11:00

https://youtu.be/kdDIK94Jf-4

Sponsored

Daddy4zack

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Just quoted $680 for install for this. Uggg I think I’ll be selling my switch’s and going a different direction

tawsenior

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door 2.0T - Mojito!
Does anyone know if these auxiliary cable exist in the JL Sport?

cshark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL 2019
I believe you can order it when you order you JL.
the aux comes with 2 trims, 1 is black and I believe it is for Sport and Sahara and 1 in silver for the Rubicon

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
The auxiliary buttons (and the associated power cables) comes with the tow package. If you don't have the tow package, you'll need to install it or have it installed.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Sorry for this dumb question, but I'm working outside my pay grade here.

To make things easier for future mods, is there any way to "move" a grounding point from behind the passenger kick panel to somewhere under the dash closer to the aux wires? I envision adding a post and connecting this new post to an existing ground point behind the kick panel. Does this work?

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for this dumb question, but I'm working outside my pay grade here.

To make things easier for future mods, is there any way to "move" a grounding point from behind the passenger kick panel to somewhere under the dash closer to the aux wires? I envision adding a post and connecting this new post to an existing ground point behind the kick panel. Does this work?
You can move a ground via a grounding wire. Just ground to the original bolt and run the wires to a new location. At that point, you can add a terminal to add grounding”posts”, connect directly to another wire/device or put a quick disconnect on the end, to leave options open. Few options for you...

Depending on how many thing you ground to that specific point, you may have a to have a thicker gauge wire, like 10awg

SoFunkyItsaCrime

First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Long list of Junk
I was hoping to do the same thing.

Anybody with more knowledge than me with any advice?

thanks

TTS
The Product i used was this:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/12-volt-power-adapter-jeep-wrangler-jl

and it was the bees knees- only took about 15 minutes to install, super clean, and worked awesome with this mount:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/quick-disconnect-cb-radio-mount-jeep-wrangler-jl

I installed a full-size cobra CB, and it's great.

Can't say enough about its simplicity, instructions, quality.

Florida Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 unlimited rubicon 4door
I have a 2018 JLUR and the aux. switch wires don't appear to be under the passanger dash. Where else should they be?

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I have a 2018 JLUR and the aux. switch wires don't appear to be under the passanger dash. Where else should they be?
I searched for about 20 minutes before I found mine; unfortunately they are wrapped with the same black tape as the rest of the wires under there. Would have been great if they had used a different colored tape, at least on the end of the bundle to make searching much easier.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I was wiring the AUX switch kit today and discovered that one of the female connectors for the plug that goes into the switches is broken. I’m assuming it broke trying to get through the firewall.

Does anyone have a part number or idea where I can find a replacement?
Sponsored