Sponsored

Where are you ordering your cabin and engine air filters?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Anyone ever use one of the filters that is charcoal infused??
Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
A Mopar air filter 20 bucks. A Mopar cabin filter 20 bucks. Both need replacement every 15-20k miles. K&N air filter 55 bucks and Cabin filter 45 bucks. Washable and reusable. Works better than Mopar filters and you can feel the performance difference.
K&N filters are the way to go.
Interesting. I read up on these and my understanding is that K&N have higher porosity (they let small particles through) and are not recommended outside performance cars operating in clean environments. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I would be concerned using them for the engine air filter. Maybe it wouldn't matter for the cabin.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I read up on these and my understanding is that K&N have higher porosity (they let small particles through) and are not recommended outside performance cars operating in clean environments. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I would be concerned using them for the engine air filter. Maybe it wouldn't matter for the cabin.
Well, I ordered one. Since it was just for In Cabin, I wasn't too concerned with performance, with the in cabin filter. I have used K&N with many other cars/trucks, for the engines. They work great, as long as you don't over oil them. I think that time will tell, as far as where I will go with in cabin filters. I do know the oiled filters have a smell to them, and I don't want that smell inside the cabin.

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Air filter: 68257030AA
Cabin filter: 68301863AA

I replaced them both that 16k miles. The air filter was not bad at all and probably could have went another 16k. The cabin filter was gross.

Mine was just like below.

This is what an In cabin air filter with 15k on it looks like,l. I drive the jeep all summer long with the top down as much as possible and rarely use A/C.

20190818_122822.jpg

Errick

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Wrangler JL, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
Second that statement, read the same thing re performance filters.

Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I use WIX, they are identical both cabin and air.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I 've had the had the charcoal infused filter installed, for a week, and couldnt be happier. $8.95. The only issue was with installation. The pleats go the opposite direction. So, i just compressed it a little, like an accordion, shoved it in the slot, the wrong way. Once in the slot, i then rotate it around. It fits perfectly. The air inside the cabin now smells great. I will definitely order a couple more, just to have on hand.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARCOAL-CABIN-FILTER-for-FORTE-ELANTRA-RONDO-Replace-97133-2H000-97133-2H001/122895303452?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, change those cabin filters, wow!

20200405_110140.jpg