First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Next up is a little update. Probably not "necessary", but definitely a good prevention/piece of mind thing. Installed a winch power disconnect relay. Wired to an Aux button so that the big honkin' positive winch cable is not live all the time. Only when I want it to be.

A good friend of mine had a perfect mount for a relay. Used a JK fog light adapter mount for cube lights. Cut off all but the top portion. Worked perfectly.

winch_relay.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Looks like I missed this update somehow! Full set of Bartact seat covers front and rear. Black with gray inserts and custom red stitching to match the Rubicon interior. As always, top notch product. Love the look.

C2108B18-2FF2-482B-9415-D3E2BFB78985.jpeg

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Next up, I researched long and hard on this one. I wanted better rocker protection than the stock rubi ones. Something that came out further, and was stronger. Ultimately came down to the Roam frame mount slider steps. Frame mount, but no drilling. Appear to be very strong. Come out pretty far, even provides a step for my wife.

Only downside was one of my own making. Book one of the bolts to the backing plate for the roam logo that you can use to back it with a different color. Going to have to figure out a remedy for that.

Other than that, love these steps. Was also my first project where I got to use my new Milwaukee 3/8 cordless ratchet. How have I lived my life without this? I have air tools, but this is SOO much more convenient. May be time to pony up for 1/2 cordless impact as well.

5660F3F0-2A16-4E83-A32D-82632938BC1C.jpeg

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Finally got it out, and got it dirty, with proper social distancing and PPE when out of the Jeep. Pictures never do an obstacle justice, but this one was a good bit steep in one part. The jeeps with open diffs that tried it required winching. Mine walked right up it without issue with the lockers on. This was my first time wheeling in a Jeep that has them. Wow what a difference.

92577797_10157121095316778_5741988434252136448_o.jpg

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Always great see Jeeps going out and doing what Jeeps should be doing.
Oh, and great color choice for the JLUR.
Any rubbing or clearance issues with the 37's?

Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Always great see Jeeps going out and doing what Jeeps should be doing.
Oh, and great color choice for the JLUR.
Any rubbing or clearance issues with the 37's?
Thanks, I fell in love with this color in person.

I used 2" bumpstops, which seem to be appropriate. In the back, I did need to remove the filler at the bottom where the bumpers connect. Also removed the bumps sticking out a bit in the fender liner. Other than that, zero issues.

flatfoot81

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD 2020
Is there any way you can post links to the parts you used for the ham mount? Trying to get mine goin and I like where you have yours

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Is there any way you can post links to the parts you used for the ham mount? Trying to get mine goin and I like where you have yours

Sure, I used "Trigger" brand JL overhead switch Panel 6 shooter. Its $36 on amazon. Then I also ordered a flat sheet of ABS. Trimmed it to fit the Trigger 6. Then mounted the ham radio head to it.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Love your build, always fun to see the Bikini jeeps built out and conquering the dirt!

Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I need more dirt. And more mods :-D
I'm there with you! I've had mine for just under a year now and just starting both really map out where i want to go with the build as well as to get the time again to hit the trails

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Next up was winch. I went with the X2O again. It meets my use case, been happy with them.

Having had good luck with Rusty's Offroad JL stuff so far, I opted for their winch plate. Good price. Has their great ecoat and powdercoat. Doesn't require any modification. It also doesn't space the bumper out. Frame horn tie ins are behind the mounts, instead of in front. It also tilts forward a bit. Which I'm sure will help with water not collecting, and with keeping the control box just far enough off the grill .

Also went with the Factor 55 Splicer. I like the idea of closed winching. And the splicer is less parts in the chain .

Next up will some custom stickers from Pixeldecals. Can't wait!

Jeep Wrangler JL Dream Jeep Build - Bikini Pearl 92577797_10157121095316778_5741988434252136448_o
Nice pacifier! :giggle: Sorry, had to. :LOL:

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Been awhile since I have posted. But finally, a new mod. I found that the Roam steps/sliders, look great. But the actual protection/slider part not as great. They have much more flex than I would have expected. On a very mild slide, the rails were pushed into the driver side, damaging the rocker. Rocker armor would have helped, but I did not expect to need them.

I have since moved to Rock Slide Engineering Sliders with the built in motorized step. I also purchased, but have yet to install, the rocker protection that goes with them. These are MUCH more stout. And I have no fear they will stand up to my use. Which is not overly crazy. The steps are super strong. And certainly make getting in and out of the Jeep easier for the shorter people. I HIGHLY recommend their products. Great stuff, and great people.

Roam_Damage.jpg

RSE_on.jpg
Sponsored