Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up tightening up the trackbar while it was sitting on the ground and for good measure the LCA and I’d say there is a 90% improvement. I bet with adding a higher end steering stabilizer my shimmy would be gone completely. Torqued them to around 130. Hopefully this is the fix for us and others

Brett
The front LCA bolts are supposed to be 190ftlbs. If you look up the Mopar lift kit on the quadratec website you'll see they have a PDF of the install instructions. One of the last page is all the torque values for all parts affected by the lift.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
The front LCA bolts are supposed to be 190ftlbs. If you look up the Mopar lift kit on the quadratec website you'll see they have a PDF of the install instructions. One of the last page is all the torque values for all parts affected by the lift.
Awesome. Thank you. MC told me less but it didn’t sound right. Probably just miscommunication. Tightening the track bar helped some but it’s not 100%

Brett

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. Thank you. MC told me less but it didn’t sound right. Probably just miscommunication. Tightening the track bar helped some but it’s not 100%

Brett
Def get under there and tighten everything up to spec .Could be a strong factor if something's loose.

ozzie9902

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I have had similar issue on new JL Sarah, If I would hit a uneven road going over 50 MPH it would felt like I just blew a rear tire. I took it back to the dealer less than 1000 miles and they replaced the rear shocks, but said the front Damper steering need to replace and the vehicle should not be driven until replaced. They had a back order on the damper, took three weeks. The dealer said Jeep had a suppler issue with the quality, sounds to me like they should have had full out recall has the vehicle was not safe to drive. Just got if fixed last week and it appears to be fine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After taking it on its maiden voyage off-roading and crawling last Sunday I finally daily drove it. Had a couple nice bouts of death wobble. Wife was asking what in the world was going on. I blamed it on the low tire pressure. Filled it to where it needed to be last night and had it again on my drive in. 20-50 seems to be where it happens. 55 and up appears to just be a bit of shimmy or bump steer. It’s weird. Everything is tight. Going to check it all again tomorrow. This is getting old

Brett

GoofyBooty

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After taking it on its maiden voyage off-roading and crawling last Sunday I finally daily drove it. Had a couple nice bouts of death wobble. Wife was asking what in the world was going on. I blamed it on the low tire pressure. Filled it to where it needed to be last night and had it again on my drive in. 20-50 seems to be where it happens. 55 and up appears to just be a bit of shimmy or bump steer. It’s weird. Everything is tight. Going to check it all again tomorrow. This is getting old

Brett
Did you end up doing Redneck Ram?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Brett,

Mine has always had the wander with about an inch of dead spot. I got the wobble a couple of times just before I took it in for the stabilizer recall , but not quite a death wobble. Haven’t had that since. Was going to talk to you about the synergy track bar/sector shaft brace. I have the fox adjustable steering stabilizer, but it didn’t help the wander and I took it off to go off-road and haven’t put it back on yet. Too expensive to bang on the rocks. I’m in Pennsylvania at the moment and my rental is a JLUS and it’s wander is worse than mine. It’s the only thing I’m not totally happy about with the Jeep. But mine is at least drivable, except maybe on a busy bad surfaced road in the wind.

Scott

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up doing Redneck Ram?
Still haven’t done it. I’m selling my JL and considering just doing the PSC big bore for our other JL.

Brett,

Mine has always had the wander with about an inch of dead spot. I got the wobble a couple of times just before I took it in for the stabilizer recall , but not quite a death wobble. Haven’t had that since. Was going to talk to you about the synergy track bar/sector shaft brace. I have the fox adjustable steering stabilizer, but it didn’t help the wander and I took it off to go off-road and haven’t put it back on yet. Too expensive to bang on the rocks. I’m in Pennsylvania at the moment and my rental is a JLUS and it’s wander is worse than mine. It’s the only thing I’m not totally happy about with the Jeep. But mine is at least drivable, except maybe on a busy bad surfaced road in the wind.

Scott
I’ve heard really good things about it. I bought the particular socket you need to install it. From what I have gathered it does help, is it the end all be all, that’s yet to be see. Feel free to swing by the shop sometimes and I’ll look it over and check all the common culprits

Brett

TxHCJeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Gardener
When we got our 19 I drove it for around 100 miles stock, the steering was rock solid. I was going quickly over rail road tracks and just trying to make sure it was solid this was on stock suspension and 37s wrapped around mopar simulated beadlocks. At 100 miles, I pulled it on the lift and installed the MC game changer rocksport along with front driveshaft and full underbelly skids. The next morning took it for an alignment. Caster was set to 6/6.1 and all jamb nuts were ensured to be tight along with every other bolt.

I have since found two serious issues in the steering with 1200 on the odo. One I’ve heard of and the other not so much. Since the lift anytime id go over an imperfection in the road I’d get a shimmy in the wheel. Much like a grocery store buggy that had a bad wheel. To me it felt like a precursor to the infamous death wobble. My last 12 vehicles with the expection of an H1 have all been lifted. I have been fortionate to this point until driving to work yesterday morning. I went over a bridge on a country two lane around 45-50 and it went into full blown death wobble. Had to nearly come to a complete stop to get it to stop whipping around. I was immediately pissed. I had brought the shimmy up to MC and they said I had to much air in the tires. I lowered it to 28. Obviously didn’t help. Everything is tight so I’m at a loss here. Going to check ball joints and tie rod ends today.

The second issue is intermittent. When cruising around 60 on two lane, when entering into a curve I noticed I was going over the yellow line on almost every curve. Sometimes to the left, others on the right. I started paying attention and realized I was making the steering corrections but the Jeep wasn’t responding. I was having to use significantly more steering input that should be required to make the turn. The first 1/4 wheel turn did nothing. Again, intermittent. I’m at a loss and since it’s lifted doubt there’s much warranty recourse.

Any ideas to fix this. Steering stabilizer has been relocated with the MC kit and is still oem. I can’t see a new one fixing my issues.

Nov build date.

Brett
Ive read very promissing reports on PSC HYDRILIC STEERING BOX & PUMP SYSTEM. My 2020 jeep is still at shop waiting on FCA Engineering. Steering n siftware uogradeded to latest Mopar.. still drives itself into incomming traffic

Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive read very promissing reports on PSC HYDRILIC STEERING BOX & PUMP SYSTEM. My 2020 jeep is still at shop waiting on FCA Engineering. Steering n siftware uogradeded to latest Mopar.. still drives itself into incomming traffic
The psc stuff is great. It completely replaces everything but the steering wheel practically. It removes the electronic power steering pump, gear box, pitman arm, and all lines. The replacement gear box is beefy and everything is much stronger. I think they are a little over 3k last time I bought one.

Where in Texas are you?

Brett

TxHCJeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Gardener
The psc stuff is great. It completely replaces everything but the steering wheel practically. It removes the electronic power steering pump, gear box, pitman arm, and all lines. The replacement gear box is beefy and everything is much stronger. I think they are a little over 3k last time I bought one.

Where in Texas are you?

Brett
Im located in Hill Country west Austin. Im currently still waiting for FCA's Jeep Customer Retention team to tell me what are my options. I have mentioned to them this PSC Kit being an option.

Where in Texas are you?

Brett
Im located in hill country west of Austin. And am currently on hold for FCA Engineering or FCA's Jeep Customer Retention to make deision how long i need wait or provide me an option to get out n start over.

carlhenry

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 wrangler jl 2.0
mine is a 2019 with 800 miles on it when going into a turn at speeds 60mph it starts 2 shimmy fairly bad it tends to wander also it is a jl

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im located in Hill Country west Austin. Im currently still waiting for FCA's Jeep Customer Retention team to tell me what are my options. I have mentioned to them this PSC Kit being an option.

Im located in hill country west of Austin. And am currently on hold for FCA Engineering or FCA's Jeep Customer Retention to make deision how long i need wait or provide me an option to get out n start over.
Good luck with resolution, if we can help, please let me know. We went thru this with my personal JL and have become very well versed in diagnosing and fixing DW if you don’t get them to stand up and take care of it. I honestly don’t see them paying for a psc but it never hurts to ask

Brett

TxHCJeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Gardener
Good luck with resolution, if we can help, please let me know. We went thru this with my personal JL and have become very well versed in diagnosing and fixing DW if you don’t get them to stand up and take care of it. I honestly don’t see them paying for a psc but it never hurts to ask

Brett

Brett
Since u have done the PSC upgrade do u have issues with Jeep Service supporting ur remainder of Jeep waranty?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.