Local Sacramento wheelin'

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
My niece wants me to take her out in the Jeep to do some light offroading. Where do you local Sac guys go within a hours drive of Sacramento? Thanks
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What about Prairie City? I just got my JL and live nearby, is it a good Jeep spot or more for dirt bikes/ATV/UTV?

Hattrick017

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Agree about Prairie City. I've been taking some new people out there recently in my stock JL to get them into it. Its definitely not trails, but there is a nice variety of difficulty when it comes to the obstacles. We are actually going out there again this next Tuesday afternoon. its $5/vehicle

Otherwise, I like hitting the Ice House reservoir area. Its a pretty drive and has a lot of fire trails to take off on.

Sponsored

Nerdsmith

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport
https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...0e342ca74ab46!8m2!3d38.5188019!4d-121.1016351

My lil secret spot(no longer). Little dirt access road I like to go to when I need a little escape or MUD!!! Has water crossing, mud, and flexy crawls. Nice little getaway that is only 20 mins away from me. Your welcome. Photo related.

*Also there is another historic road off of that road that has a sweet ass single bridge crossing. Please be respectful to the people living near bridge crossing, It feels like a private road but it is not.*

IMG_20200209_110338.jpg

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...0e342ca74ab46!8m2!3d38.5188019!4d-121.1016351

My lil secret spot(no longer). Little dirt access road I like to go to when I need a little escape or MUD!!! Has water crossing, mud, and flexy crawls. Nice little getaway that is only 20 mins away from me. Your welcome. Photo related.

*Also there is another historic road off of that road that has a sweet ass single bridge crossing. Please be respectful to the people living near bridge crossing, It feels like a private road but it is not.*

IMG_20200209_110338.jpg
Thank you for posting this. I live in Mather so pretty close to that area. If I head out to Latrobe Rd. off Jackson Hwy is it pretty obvious where that is?

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_20200209_110338.jpg
Where do you access from? I'm in El Dorado Hills so could I take Latrobe to South Shingle down or go to Folsom and take Scott Rd? Or maybe I can make a big loop...

Nerdsmith

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if your going east on hwy 16 make left on Latrobe that turns into Stonehouse rd, there is a sharp 90 turn the trail is straight head, cant miss it gravel to dirt road. If your going south on latrobe make a right on shingle rd, (what i usually do). keep following it and it turns into dirt. Same if your going north up latrobe but make a left. Michigan Bar rd breaks off about half way, it is the historic road that has the narrow bridge.

Sponsored

Nerdsmith

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where do you access from? I'm in El Dorado Hills so could I take Latrobe to South Shingle down or go to Folsom and take Scott Rd? Or maybe I can make a big loop...
yah take south shingle. going west toward sacramento, i think the other way is private, not sure.

PS. Have fun :P. Get muddy and i would recommend some caution in the bigger puddles i seen a rubi on 37's get his fenders ripped off lol. and most of the muddy area's will have no winch points keep in mind.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
yah take south shingle. going west toward sacramento, i think the other way is private, not sure.

PS. Have fun :P. Get muddy and i would recommend some caution in the bigger puddles i seen a rubi on 37's get his fenders ripped off lol. and most of the muddy area's will have no winch points keep in mind.
Cool, I just took a drive at lunch today down latrobe to scope some new BLM land but struck out. That would have been more productive but I will give it some time to dry out after this weekend's incoming rain.

SunshneĂ—Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
We used to go out to Latrobe every weekend for wheeling and bonfires before the sheriff started shutting us down. It's pretty fun, but stay on the road and dont do stupid stuff

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
We went out there yesterday for a easy drive and loved it. The wildflowers are blooming and the weather is perfect. Stopped to take it all in and have a sandwich.

IMG_3852-XL.jpg