Sponsored

COVID-19 blues

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I am prescribing to social distancing and hunkered down with my queen in our castle. Well off with supplies for a month or so without even going to the grocery store. Family members are all good. None in hospitals or symptomatic. Neighbors and friends are all good too. Things could be worse, so I guess my feeling down is silly right now. I'm not thinking political issues just about the medical unknowns and what, when, where this country is headed in the next couple months. Neither government or medical figure heads seem to have any conclusive answers and some predictions are pretty dire IMO. Seems we are headed down a bumpy slippery slope that's going to get worse and it's this thought that's giving me the blues. No worries, I'm not depressed, just more reflective on the times we are living. This JL forum helps passing time, haha. Nuff said by me. Feel free to let your thoughts be heard. I for one will be happy to read them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My jeep helps me deal with working in the hospital and i look forward to my decompressing drive home. now if it would warm up enough to take the top off ...

hang in there
You are one of the new front line heroes. Anything you'd like to say about your duties at the hospital. Experiencing supply shortages?

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
at the end of the day, You and the Mrs. are alive and well. this situation (maddening as it may be) shall pass.
when it does, I hope there are a shiiteload of us headed to Rausch.
Yep, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
You are one of the new front line heroes. Anything you'd like to say about your duties at the hospital. Experiencing supply shortages?
Nothing new that everyone hasn't heard a million times on the news. Yes, its as bad or worse than they say, but as little impact as it seems to make the general population staying home DOES help as much as it sucks. We are all in it together and we'll get through it!

Everyone stay safe.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
We are Lucky as well, wife and kids are good.
My wife is a teacher, so she is teaching from home, kids are also doing google classroom and other things.
I Maintain a 220k sq foot building, so I was in with the biohazard team disinfecting the building ( we had 5 confirmed cases)
I have been coming to work everyday, there is about 10 people that come in ( CEO, CFO and some other high lvl execs) so we still have both of our paychecks
They did however lay off 25% of the building...corporate America at it's finest.

I was home for 2 days and just got yelled at for not following my wife's schedule lol, I did a lot of work outside lol, my pool is uncovered and ready to go for summer lol, gardens are ready for vegetables

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Nothing new that everyone hasn't heard a million times on the news. Yes, it's as bad or worse than they say, but as little impact as it seems to make the general population staying home DOES help as much as it sucks. We are all in it together and we'll get through it!

Everyone stay safe.
Sad to hear and I for one was hoping the news was sensationalizing. Stay safe and hope your weather warms soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
We are Lucky as well, wife and kids are good.
My wife is a teacher, so she is teaching from home, kids are also doing google classroom and other things.
I Maintain a 220k sq foot building, so I was in with the biohazard team disinfecting the building ( we had 5 confirmed cases)
I have been coming to work everyday, there is about 10 people that come in ( CEO, CFO and some other high lvl execs) so we still have both of our paychecks
They did however lay off 25% of the building...corporate America at it's finest.

I was home for 2 days and just got yelled at for not following my wife's schedule lol, I did a lot of work outside lol, my pool is uncovered and ready to go for summer lol, gardens are ready for vegetables
Glad to hear your family is well. Financial impact is going to be big and hard on many I'm afraid. Tighten your seat belts.

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I really feel for working class folks. Layoffs blow, BTDT. Even with my candle burning short and on both ends, these times have this old fart counting my lucky stars. Being retired, it's sort of isolating me and my bride. threads ask, what are you listning too. Hard not to hear in my head Merl Haggard singing the words "are we headed down hill like a snowball headed for hell". Still, I'm glad the gobberment is finally telling everyone to hunker down and fasten seat belts. Interesting that Sweden is going the opposite with life going on as normal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I am prescribing to social distancing and hunkered down with my queen in our castle. Well off with supplies for a month or so without even going to the grocery store. Family members are all good. None in hospitals or symptomatic. Neighbors and friends are all good too. Things could be worse, so I guess my feeling down is silly right now. I'm not thinking political issues just about the medical unknowns and what, when, where this country is headed in the next couple months. Neither government or medical figure heads seem to have any conclusive answers and some predictions are pretty dire IMO. Seems we are headed down a bumpy slippery slope that's going to get worse and it's this thought that's giving me the blues. No worries, I'm not depressed, just more reflective on the times we are living. This JL forum helps passing time, haha. Nuff said by me. Feel free to let your thoughts be heard. I for one will be happy to read them.

It's not easy at all to figure out what's really going on these days. Even the mainstream is sending us contradicting messages. I think best is to stay calm , do not spend you savings foolishly and maybe just dust of the old book on the shelve or finish your garage project and let's take it day by day. We are bombarded by lies and deception daily and one can absorb only so much of the spiritual pollution. This may be a rocky journey awaiting us but we will persevere. Godspeed

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It's not easy at all to figure out what's really going on these days. Even the mainstream is sending us contradicting messages. I think best is to stay calm , do not spend you savings foolishly and maybe just dust of the old book on the shelve or finish your garage project and let's take it day by day. We are bombarded by lies and deception daily and one can absorb only so much of the spiritual pollution. This may be a rocky journey awaiting us but we will persevere. Godspeed
apparently we can't handle the truth, in today's news....
DR. Anthony Fauci to get a security detail after facing threats.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I am much more afraid for the economy at this point. This thing is going to run through people no matter what. I am pretty certain i had covid awhile ago. Hopefully this will make people think about taking better care of themselves. Stop eating like shit, smoking and drinking soda all day.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
I am much more afraid for the economy at this point. This thing is going to run through people no matter what. I am pretty certain i had covid awhile ago. Hopefully this will make people think about taking better care of themselves. Stop eating like shit, smoking and drinking soda all day.
I cut out soda....dropped 38 pounds as a result.

listen up, people...it takes the rust off of old coins....You really want to dump that shit in Your stomach?

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I work indirectly with food businesses. Alcohol and cigarette sales are up which is the norm. In the time of crisis, people look for a stress outlet so an increase purchase of their vices occurs. We'll see if they reverse course once they feel better about the economy, health, etc.
Sponsored