Best place to live?

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
.....and North Vancouver is not like the rest of Vancouver. They stay in droves there. No one's left in a 100 years. Loveliest little working class area I've ever visited...ever!

I would never believe anybody would suggest Vancouver , Canada. It's just becoming an overtaxed and expensive hellhole like San Francisco. If that is your ideal haven than go ahead.
Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I think I would settle down around Sonora California if it the politics would change in that state. So I guess I will need two houses. One around Coeur D'Alene for the summers and another one around Tuscon for the winter.
Sonora eh? I haven't been there, except to drive through decades ago. I wouldn't move anywhere in CA except maybe Truckee. I currently live in Auburn, CA and I can feel myself dying inside. Want out of CA so bad, but alimony makes that impossible.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonora eh? I haven't been there, except to drive through decades ago. I wouldn't move anywhere in CA except maybe Truckee. I currently live in Auburn, CA and I can feel myself dying inside. Want out of CA so bad, but alimony makes that impossible.
sorry to hear that man but do not give up your dreams

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I would never believe anybody would suggest Vancouver , Canada. It's just becoming an overtaxed and expensive hellhole like San Francisco. If that is your ideal haven than go ahead.
North Van is the equivalent of Berkeley to San Francisco, or Boulder to Denver.

It's sort of a weird suburbia that attracts a certain type of person. Not bad types of people. Typically like to smoke a lot of pot, a bit of anarchy, and perhaps a bit granola.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Van is the equivalent of Berkeley to San Francisco, or Boulder to Denver.

It's sort of a weird suburbia that attracts a certain type of person. Not bad types of people. Typically like to smoke a lot of pot, a bit of anarchy, and perhaps a bit granola.

I spent some time out there back in the 90s and I always had a feeling like I am an unwelcomed intruder . Vancouver was probably the most difficult place to find anybody to just hang around with . Everybody was into something "alternative" but in the way I never cared for like to live on a head of lettuce and half a chicken the whole week and do not dare to buy pork chops and definitely do not smoke cigarettes without a filter and if you insist on smoking at all definitely do not smoke American cigarettes. And you know I used to love Camels .You know what I mean? Just a weird place man. I lasted 3 moths and never looked back. I love the West but I will drive a huge loop around Vancouver.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I spent some time out there back in the 90s and I always had a feeling like I am an unwelcomed intruder . Vancouver was probably the most difficult place to find anybody to just hang around with . Everybody was into something "alternative" but in the way I never cared for like to live on a head of lettuce and half a chicken the whole week and do not dare to buy pork chops and definitely do not smoke cigarettes without a filter and if you insist on smoking at all definitely do not smoke American cigarettes. And you know I used to love Camels .You know what I mean? Just a weird place man. I lasted 3 moths and never looked back. I love the West but I will drive a huge loop around Vancouver.
I feel the same way over Boston - can't stand that city. Spent a couple months working out of Boston and could never find the cities "soul" -- not sure it has one.

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
I’m looking for the best place to move my family...
Needs:
Trails (with rocks) for Jeeps, mountain bikes, and hiking.
Clean, clear lakes and rivers for swimming and kayaking.
Snow to snowboard/ski.
Enough sun and warmth but not humidity.
Trees.
Actual mountains.
...I’ve lived all over but haven’t found that forever place.
Maybe, I’m just a gypsy.
southern oregon coast, all of the above are close enough, Oregon's banana belt

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i'm still looking around. i''m still going to look in florida by the georgia line. probably will continue to look around tenn. and a possibility of ky. it's hard to fine a place to move to, plus an open position for me at the post office. one thing for sure, i'm getting the hell out of ny.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Before retiring to mild weather in Carpinteria,Ca. I lived in Spokane, Wa. for 24 years. 75 lakes in a hundred mile radius, great hunting, skiing, off roading. Idaho, Canada, eastern Oregon next door. Cost of living was low, international Airport, Amtrak and I-90 interstate made it a hub with all the modern conveniences. My unforseen issue with the area, my California bride got tired of the winters. After 7 years I still greve for Spokane, Wa..

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Before retiring to mild weather in Carpinteria,Ca. I lived in Spokane, Wa. for 24 years. 75 lakes in a hundred mile radius, great hunting, skiing, off roading. Idaho, Canada, eastern Oregon next door. Cost of living was low, international Airport, Amtrak and I-90 interstate made it a hub with all the modern conveniences. My unforseen issue with the area, my California bride got tired of the winters. After 7 years I still greve for Spokane, Wa..
What are the winters like in Spokane? It looks like a nice are for sure.
Sponsored