Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Used the new Smittybilt XRC 9,500lb with Maximus-3 winch plate with stock steel bumper. Love it!

8A1EC794-4580-405F-B661-D3BD71A3DFFA.jpeg
How was the install with the Maximus-3 winch plate with stock steel bumper? Straight forward? Anything of note that would be helpful to know? I am thinking of installing the same winch plate with the Smittybilt (98510) X2O Waterproof Synthetic Rope Winch - 10000 lb. Load Capacity.

Is wiring it easy?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mall Crawler

Mall Crawler

First Name
James and Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing that you are new to this my suggestion is to by tow straps and find people that are local to you too take you out and as you gain experience in the trailer you will learn what you need and don't need
Part of me believes this is probably the most sound advice, but the other part of me thinks I should do upgrades while I have my wife on board with the idea! lol

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
How was the install with the Maximus-3 winch plate with stock steel bumper? Straight forward? Anything of note that would be helpful to know? I am thinking of installing the same winch plate with the Smittybilt (98510) X2O Waterproof Synthetic Rope Winch - 10000 lb. Load Capacity.

Is wiring it easy?

Thanks!
Only issue I had with the plate was the misaligned hole (see pic). A quick widening of it made it right. The wording of the winch is super easy!

B5E5741F-E103-4CCF-8C2F-CA6C84F444C6.jpeg

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Smittybilt x2o 10k lbs with Maximus-3 hidden winch mount. Ideal. Easy to install, wiring super easy, routes it up behind the right sided inner fender liner for about two inches, then snakes up by the air intake and then to the battery.

I’ve whacked my stock steel bumper pretty hard on rocky dirt while trail riding and other than some minor scratches, it has held up well. Recovery with the smittybilt is great, plenty of power, and the wireless feature is pretty cool, never had that before. Very happy with my set up.

658F8D42-3218-4397-895A-9CC53DCC2978.jpeg

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i've been looking at the arb classic bumper. now i'm thinking of the rubicon bumper.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Part of me believes this is probably the most sound advice, but the other part of me thinks I should do upgrades while I have my wife on board with the idea! lol
The desert southwest is a great place to explore. Especially in the fall, winter, and spring. Summer...not so much. In the summer, you might want to explore the high country, where it's cooler.

Don't forget to build your "kit". Your "kit" should have the obvious recovery gear, shovel, axe, recovery straps, traction boards, some kind of jack that works in the dirt/sand, and think about a ground anchor (Pull Pal is a good one) for that winch you're gonna buy. But you should always have a couple days worth of water, food, and protection from the environment you're going to. Water is a big one in the desert southwest.

Jeepileptic

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2016 Fisher-Price Jeep Frozen Edition
Smittybilt x2o 10k lbs with Maximus-3 hidden winch mount. Ideal. Easy to install, wiring super easy, routes it up behind the right sided inner fender liner for about two inches, then snakes up by the air intake and then to the battery.

I’ve whacked my stock steel bumper pretty hard on rocky dirt while trail riding and other than some minor scratches, it has held up well. Recovery with the smittybilt is great, plenty of power, and the wireless feature is pretty cool, never had that before. Very happy with my set up.

658F8D42-3218-4397-895A-9CC53DCC2978.jpeg
How about clearance between the winch and grill with this setup. Any issues?

Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've got the XRC Gen 2 front bumper and just installed the Harbor Freight Apex 12000 winch. I cannot comment on the winch as it was just installed about two weeks ago and have not had a chance to go wheeling AND get stuck!

I like the bumper other than the additional weight (there are other options that weigh less) although my suspension did not sag much. Install was fairly easy (with a helper) although one of the fog light studs was bent and made it a pain to mount one light.

Badland winch XRC bumper.jpg

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Ive got the stealth winch (10,000) , got a dozen recoveries on it now, all kinds of different vehicles. Hasn’t missed a beat. Never once acted like it needed to be more powerful....... I’ve had it almost a year now, no issues....:)

E5AFCBC8-B94C-44C2-B196-302236A17F4C.jpeg
Completely off-topic, and I do apologize to OP for that, but did you paint your grille trim granite crystal? It looks like it matches the body color perfectly! How did you do that?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Completely off-topic, and I do apologize to OP for that, but did you paint your grille trim granite crystal? It looks like it matches the body color perfectly! How did you do that?
are you talking about the trim around the 7 slots? If so they’re the same as around the headlights just a grey color. It might be the lighting.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
are you talking about the trim around the 7 slots? If so they’re the same as around the headlights just a grey color. It might be the lighting.
Yes, the trim around both the headlights and the seven slots. Did you do that yourself or is that stock? Sport? I have a Sahara and the silver trim I can no longer stand. Trying to figure out if I paint them black or try to color-match the granite crystal.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the trim around both the headlights and the seven slots. Did you do that yourself or is that stock? Sport? I have a Sahara and the silver trim I can no longer stand. Trying to figure out if I paint them black or try to color-match the granite crystal.
Mine is Rubi, and it came that way. You can get Mopar color match paint in spray, I used it when I cut my rear pinch seams.

8AD28C4D-D4B3-4364-8B2E-7AFC7E7B5639.jpeg
Sponsored