Sponsored

2018 JLUR quarter panel paint cracking

chiefersutherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I took my car in so that the manager at westbury Jeep can look at it. The process was easy, they took a couple of pictures and updated me every step of the way. The repair was approved by headquarters, I take my car in tomorrow for the repair. I hope they do a excellent job...
lucky guy! I keep getting a story about trying to get it scheduled. This has been a couple weeks now.
Sponsored

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
9A224B3B-CA88-4943-97E4-EDE061BA6D8A.jpeg
17449875-609C-458D-8537-5CF0DA58FB39.jpeg
So after getting my rear quarter panel painted, I noticed they left another part of the area with a chip in the paint. Now I have to go back to the auto shop where it got painted to see if they are in The wrong for painting that area :facepalm:. While pumping gas into my Jeep yesterday I looked over the area where the crack in the panel occurred and sure enough it started cracking again:mad:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
These issues might be with the panel seam adhesive/ sealer under the paint. If it happens on mine, October 2018 Build Date, I will check it out. A magnifying glass might show if its under the paint, by seeing how deep it is..

chiefersutherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
9A224B3B-CA88-4943-97E4-EDE061BA6D8A.jpeg
17449875-609C-458D-8537-5CF0DA58FB39.jpeg
So after getting my rear quarter panel painted, I noticed they left another part of the area with a chip in the paint. Now I have to go back to the auto shop where it got painted to see if they are in The wrong for painting that area :facepalm:. While pumping gas into my Jeep yesterday I looked over the area where the crack in the panel occurred and sure enough it started cracking again:mad:

Man thatā€™s terrible! I just got mine back yesterday. I was afraid the fix would be just cosmetic, but I guess only time will tell for me.

edit: also, I had to go through Jeep Cares to get the dealer to fix it. So, to the people that trash them, donā€™t! It works

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi All,

It has been a while since this thread has been active, however, we have an internal team digging deeper into this matter. To most accurately document and assess your concerns, can you please clarify any driving conditions that would be important to note such as driving on paved roads, dirt roads, off-roading, etc? Thank you for any information that you all can provide!

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only drive highway and local streets, havenā€™t taken my car off road at all yet.

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good evening everyone, so once again my rear quarter panel paint is cracking again! This is like my 4th time, is there anything I can do about this? Iā€™m getting tired of going back and forth from the dealership. Can this be a lemon issue?

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anybody tried doing the lemon law buy back program in NY? Hereā€™s another picture of my paint cracking after getting it fixed again.

906EBBA8-8A7F-4311-8664-84BBAC8E60DA.jpeg

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thereā€™s no point of getting it painted cause it only lasts about a week to a month.. Iā€™m working with Jeep cares and gonna see if I can start lemon law

9310CD48-9344-40A0-AC1D-5BD2FFC2B034.jpeg

Sponsored

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the car back about a week ago after another paint job and once again my paint started cracking... can someone guide me where to go about this?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Obviously there is some relative motion occurring between the two body panels. Painting it won't fix anything.

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cares is now escalating this issue to cooperate to see what they can do to resolve this issue.

Grumpy Wrangler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door JL
Vehicle Showcase
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon white 2 door, original owner
I made a claim through my dealer and Jeep Cares as well for the hairline cracks in the rear quarter panel. I got a phone call from Jeep today that my claim has been denied. The denial cited that the damage was caused by outside influence and went on to accuse me of having placed oversized wheels and tires on the Jeep which caused undo strain on the tailgate. ******LMAO!!!!!! My Jeep Rubicon has the factory wheels and tires that it rolled of the assembly line with from Jeep! Come on Jeep, Get it together here.

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m still waiting for my response, I got mine painted multiple times and they canā€™t get it right..
Sponsored