Sponsored

The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler)

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Installed the rear full width wrap around eag bumper today with license plate relocation bracket. The wiring for the license plate was as big of a pain as I expected. I have front eag as well. My 37 inch spare fit without any relocation bracket. Wasn’t sure it would fit and it does!

ED392410-7F7D-4E05-B67C-71DEE6A32DDD.jpeg

07C3D609-0E0C-4815-A7A2-AC4E5B08360C.jpeg

20544160-9BEC-4B90-A59B-7FC1A20BF0F8.jpeg

2BB9BDE7-F1C4-432E-BE4C-D38C42CC7FF2.jpeg
Sponsored

blfinche

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I'll contribute my bumper upgrade. I went with ACE Engineering. I had been looking at everything on the market, but they had a timely sale at Thanksgiving. I went with the bumper with the tire carrier option, since I upgraded the tires and I didn't like the rattle from the tailgate with the 35" tires. I have the front bumper on order. You can also see the new fenders and fender liners from ACE. I will say the Ace responds to all questions quickly and they have a quality product. I just wish there was some documentation. It took me a lot longer than it should to perform the install because I had to look around the web to find out how to perform the steps I couldn't figure out.

Jeep_0252.jpg

Jeep_0253.jpg

Jeep_0249.jpg

Jeep_0250.jpg

Jeep_0256.jpg

Jeep_0256.jpg

Jeep_0258.jpg

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
I'll contribute my bumper upgrade. I went with ACE Engineering. I had been looking at everything on the market, but they had a timely sale at Thanksgiving. I went with the bumper with the tire carrier option, since I upgraded the tires and I didn't like the rattle from the tailgate with the 35" tires. I have the front bumper on order. You can also see the new fenders and fender liners from ACE. I will say the Ace responds to all questions quickly and they have a quality product. I just wish there was some documentation. It took me a lot longer than it should to perform the install because I had to look around the web to find out how to perform the steps I couldn't figure out.

Jeep_0252.jpg

Jeep_0253.jpg

Jeep_0249.jpg

Jeep_0250.jpg

Jeep_0256.jpg

Jeep_0256.jpg

Jeep_0258.jpg
Fenders and fender liners a bitch to install? Looks awesome!

blfinche

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Fenders and fender liners a bitch to install? Looks awesome!
Fenders and Liners are pretty easy, but I wouldn't recommend installing rear fender liners after the install of the rear fenders like I did. The holes in the fender liners didn't line up with the fender. The wiring was a bigger pain than I thought it would be. I had to find the correct wires and do the routing, What a pain, searching for that info.

Anthony120

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR 2-door
Ace Engineering Bumper, Smittybilt winch, waiting on my synthetic line.

FF846224-79C5-4AB6-9EB7-E21BA8001341.png
6526C275-4279-4982-9406-DEB83AFAE9C3.png
0B95CEE5-738E-43A7-8286-0E3F6B54D7B7.png
I put the same winch and bumper combo on my JL! :like: I got a great deal on the bumper from a local forum member and am in love with the look of having a recessed winch, factory fogs, and bull bar on a stubby bumper. Did you run into any problems with fitment? I had to "trim" a bracket to have my winch plate fit between the frame rails and couldn't put the winch control box in the center because it was too close to the grill.
I'm still waiting for @ACE Engineering to release a front skid plate compatible with the bumper :headbang:

Sponsored

blfinche

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I put the same winch and bumper combo on my JL! :like: I got a great deal on the bumper from a local forum member and am in love with the look of having a recessed winch, factory fogs, and bull bar on a stubby bumper. Did you run into any problems with fitment? I had to "trim" a bracket to have my winch plate fit between the frame rails and couldn't put the winch control box in the center because it was too close to the grill.
I'm still waiting for @ACE Engineering to release a front skid plate compatible with the bumper :headbang:
I'm still waiting on my bumper, but I think the JCROffroad skid plate will work. I used their rear fender liners and their stuff is really nice.

Laidbackduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS

My install was the same as yours including not centering the control box.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I know I had brought up the Rage 4th line earlier in this thread, and I still like a lot of things about them, but ultimately the lack of bumper mounted tire carrier took them out of the running for me. After extensive research and debate (in my own head), I ended up going with the Poison Spyder Bruizer bumpers, front and rear. Really happy with my decision and love the way they turned out. Solid design features, excellent finish quality, no doubt they'll hold up to punishment on the rocks, and Poison Spyder took good care of me with the couple of hiccups I experienced along the way during the shipping and install process. There was obviously a lot of effort put into making sure these bumpers aren't just Jeep jewelry.

Front bumper with Warn Zeon 10-S, Baja Designs Squadron SAE fogs, and Factor 55 fairlead and FlatLink MultiMount. Winch is a very snug fit. It didn't rub, but I still did a tiny bit of trimming on the winch mounting plate to open up a little room in hopes I might be able to squeeze in a winch cover. Light cutouts seem to be designed around the Rigid lights. The Baja Designs are just a hair too big to actually fit through the hole, so I mounted them inset by maybe a 1/16th of an inch or so. License plate is held on with rubber coated magnetic bars for easy removal when I get to the trail.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler) img_0438-

Rear bumper with Baja Designs Squadron Sport backup lights. Matches the lines of the vehicle nicely and the tire carrier is super solid. I really like that it opens with the tailgate as opening the carrier separately was always a hassle on my XJ, especially after I smashed the latch mechanism. License plate/3rd brake light/camera mount is a nice piece and happened to tuck perfectly inside my beadlocks. I got creative with the wiring and hardware to make removal of this unit super easy for spare tire removal purposes. Again the cutouts were just a hair too small for the Baja Desingns lights, but I feel like they're better protected being slightly inset anyways.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler) 18206c7a-1475-486b-b97b-2337d9a18e10-jpe

Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers should be here for install later this week!

Last edited:

ScubaSigGuy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlUR, 2018 Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 2015 BMW 1200GS Adventure
Maybe it's just the pictures, but those welds look pretty rough. I liked some of the ACE stuff the last time I visited their site, a few months ago. I would expect cleaner welds, and a better finished product for the money. Am I missing something? I'm not trash talking your stuff at all, as your Jeep looks very nice. Those welds just look really sloppy to me, for the price especially. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the rear full width wrap around eag bumper today with license plate relocation bracket. The wiring for the license plate was as big of a pain as I expected. I have front eag as well. My 37 inch spare fit without any relocation bracket. Wasn’t sure it would fit and it does!

ED392410-7F7D-4E05-B67C-71DEE6A32DDD.jpeg

That’s an awful lot of weight on your rear door. You may want to consider a aftermarket mount that either reinforces the hinges or takes the weight off of them.

Looks sharp!!
07C3D609-0E0C-4815-A7A2-AC4E5B08360C.jpeg

20544160-9BEC-4B90-A59B-7FC1A20BF0F8.jpeg

2BB9BDE7-F1C4-432E-BE4C-D38C42CC7FF2.jpeg

Deleon

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1988 Ford Bronco
Here is the MetalCloak 56".
The wife and I are still deciding on if the gold bolts will stay.

Jeep Wrangler JL The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler) IMG_1013.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler) IMG_1402
Jeep Wrangler JL The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler) IMG_1404

blfinche

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Covid slowed things down, but I finally got the front bumper from Ace Engineering. I installed the Quadratec Stealth winch and it fits without any room to spare. It's got maybe a 1/16" between the grill and winch and 1/4" between the winch and fog lights. The fog lights use the factory harness and they stick out a bit. I can recommend this combination from a fitment perspective. The bumper is supposed to be a bolt in replacement, but I had to trim a little metal from the drivers side to get it to fit and there was a little space between where the bumper attaches and the frame (1/4" on each side). A couple of large washers took care of that. The fog lights from a Wrangler Sport wouldn't fit, so I had to order some LED replacements. Other than those 2 thing the installation was no problem.
Jeep Wrangler JL The Aftermarket Bumper List (JL / JLU Wrangler) 096F3C54-5447-4895-80F3-01A9C6EEA105_1_105_c
Sponsored