Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.justinbmcbride.com
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Content Creator
I haven’t seen much in the way of installs of the DV8 Offroad Jeep JL Engine Bay Compressor Mount so I put out a YouTube video on it.

Hopefully this install and review helps you in deciding to purchase. The bracket isn’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s in and solid as a rock. I’ve used it already on multiple trails an am happy with the overall result.

Sponsored

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
I haven’t seen much in the way of installs of the DV8 Offroad Jeep JL Engine Bay Compressor Mount so I put out a YouTube video on it.

Hopefully this install and review helps you in deciding to purchase. The bracket isn’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s in and solid as a rock. I’ve used it already on multiple trails an am happy with the overall result.

Nice video, thanks for posting it.

I just completed this myself a couple of weeks ago. DV8 has acknowledged on this forum that they shipped the wrong hardware to mount the bracket in the Jeep. It should be 8 mm, not 10 mm. Rather than drill out all the holes in the vehicle and bracket, I suggest just go to the hardware store an get 8 mm hardware until DV8 starts shipping the correct bolts.

Actually, there is not an alignment problem with the upper hole, there is an interference problem with the ARB dual compressor and the large black connector on the firewall. To resolve it, simply unclip the interfering connector, remove the two 10 mm bolts on the connector bracket, rotate the connector bracket 180 degrees, bolt it back and clip the firewall connector back on. That upper hole on the DV8 bracket will now line up perfectly! DV8 needs to add this to their instructions.

Last edited:

thepriceisright

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR (sold)
I just finished this installation. Between the mount shipping with bolts too large for the clip holes and the compressor having a damaged wiring harness, I’m pretty thankful that it’s all over.

I rigged up a remote air chuck by the bumper but I’m not happy with it. It’s stretching my supply line more than I want and it leaks badly under pressure. I’m probably going to replace the supply line with a full length braided line and add Teflon tape to the fitting.

B89402C5-C908-45E9-B00B-6CFD01C9C1D5.jpeg
D1F4C448-F211-48E0-9F56-EDEF981D4C09.jpeg
35304D95-7380-4117-9AB7-1357014D85B7.jpeg
C8D45849-D5B7-4F22-9BDB-421FF630B7B1.jpeg

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
I used the 1 meter ARB braided hose and remote hose mounting kit to mount the air outlet under the hood, over the washer reservoir. I bolted it to the ECU bracket with a fender washer. No leaks. It is a little less convenient, but it allows the compressor to cool better if the hood is open. Also added the rubber cover for the ARB quick connect to keep out dirt and sand.
20190902_114506.jpg
20190902_114551.jpg

Last edited:

JimSa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Perhaps this post will save others from making the same mistake I made. Only after purchasing the DV8 Dual ARB mount, the compressor, assembling them, and taking my tire and fender off, did I realize that my Falcon 3.3 shock piggyback reservoir extends into the free space that mount wants to occupy. The fixed position of the piggyback reservoir makes it a non starter. I love the Falcon 3.3s, but Falcon Piggybacks may be the only shock that has compatibility problems with this mount location... Not sure.

Looks like I'm going to have to mount the dual ARB either under the passenger seat or in the rear cargo area of my JL. I really wanted it under the hood and outside the cab. Bummed.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Do you find this heatsoaks easily or does it stay relatively cool where it's positioned? I'm debating between this and the Innovative JK Products under-seat mount for the JL. Space is precious in the 2 door and I'm wondering if under hood is a better solve.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I used a different mount in the same location. Then I went to the junkyard and stripped some factory rigid heat shielding off another rig and used that as a barrier between the cat and the compressor to help with heat. Also extended the air intakes up higher.

JimSa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I used a different mount in the same location. Then I went to the junkyard and stripped some factory rigid heat shielding off another rig and used that as a barrier between the cat and the compressor to help with heat. Also extended the air intakes up higher.
What brand of mount was that? I'm hoping there might be still be an option for me with a slightly different orientation in that location.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
What brand of mount was that? I'm hoping there might be still be an option for me with a slightly different orientation in that location.
I got it through All Seasons 4x4. I think a member here designed it and then maybe sold the rights to them, or something like that. It does mount a little differently, but he did warn me before I bought it that Falcon shocks will not work with it.

jeepis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (2019 JL)
So I just got a 2019 jlu and is like to use this setup. What I can’t tell is this: can I get to the compressor easily without any sort of extension to the bumper etc?

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
No. It will be inaccessible. You will need to run lines to wherever you want air chucks. I brought one up directly above the compressor under the hood and then another under the Jeep to a 2 gallon tank and then back to a Next Venture port by the fuel tank filler.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps this post will save others from making the same mistake I made. Only after purchasing the DV8 Dual ARB mount, the compressor, assembling them, and taking my tire and fender off, did I realize that my Falcon 3.3 shock piggyback reservoir extends into the free space that mount wants to occupy. The fixed position of the piggyback reservoir makes it a non starter. I love the Falcon 3.3s, but Falcon Piggybacks may be the only shock that has compatibility problems with this mount location... Not sure.

Looks like I'm going to have to mount the dual ARB either under the passenger seat or in the rear cargo area of my JL. I really wanted it under the hood and outside the cab. Bummed.
Thank you! I was looking to order this and you helped. I have the 3.3’s as well, wouldn’t have thought of that until it would have been too late.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
@justinbmcbride , how's the new mounting location working? (In the rear storage tub) Any issues with the compressors overheating? I know you installed sound insulation in there, and you usually have gear on top - how loud are the compressors when your cargo area is empty?

Seems like the sound insulation would also retain heat. Most curious about that.
Sponsored