psuntlion

psuntlion

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Camaro ZL1 1LE, BMW M3, R1250GSA
Not a worry brotha, that's how we all share information and learn!
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I always hand-torque my wheels after a bad experience fusing a socket to lug nut using an impact on a Camaro. Lift is going on this weekend so I'll give the Gorillas another shot when the wheels go back on. If they don't work, I'll take a closer look at the Mcgards that @Focker recommended.

Edit: What torque specs does everyone use? I've seen posts saying that the stock 130 lb-ft is too much and 100 lb-feet is fine.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I always hand-torque my wheels after a bad experience fusing a socket to lug nut using an impact on a Camaro. Lift is going on this weekend so I'll give the Gorillas another shot when the wheels go back on. If they don't work, I'll take a closer look at the Mcgards that @Focker recommended.

Edit: What torque specs does everyone use? I've seen posts saying that the stock 130 lb-ft is too much and 100 lb-feet is fine.
130 ft lbs for me, that's the designated spec for the larger 14mm studs, it seems excessive, but those are some big nuts, lol.

Cptbigdog

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Rubicon

What lug nuts did you use?
Sponsored