Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys / 88' BMW 528e LS Swap / MK7 GTI
Occupation
Chair Force
O
For those of you who haven’t heard. The IRR has been activated.
Only for very select medical personnel.

As for me, Came back on emergency leave to NYC from Germany with my family. Got here on 7 March and won’t be able to go home until at least 1 May as of now. This is nuts!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
O

As for me, Came back on emergency leave to NYC from Germany with my family. Got here on 7 March and won’t be able to go home until at least 1 May as of now. This is nuts!
Wishing you the best, Mike.

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chair Force
Wishing you the best, Mike.
Thanks brotha. It’s not to bad to be honest. Good being around my mom after her (our) loss. But my family is going a bit stir crazy. I’m the only one going out for groceries if needed, it’s absolutely crazy how no one here (Queens) seems to be taking this seriously. People are out and about, kids playing street/ hand ball, the ice cream truck going around....hopefully we get over this sooner than later.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
O

What is the SITREP with military HOPS in your status.

Sponsored

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chair Force
What is the SITREP with military HOPS in your status.
Everything is suspended until ~may and will most likely get pushed back. Most planes are being utilized to transport cargo (read:aide). Because I’m in a “hot zone” they just want my family and I to remain in place until it blows over....this is an expensive way to live lol. I don’t mind but I know my wife is going nuts living out of one suitcase.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Everything is suspended until ~may and will most likely get pushed back. Most planes are being utilized to transport cargo (read:aide). Because I’m in a “hot zone” they just want my family and I to remain in place until it blows over....this is an expensive way to live lol. I don’t mind but I know my wife is going nuts living out of one suitcase.
Well I'm glad the military has come to their senses about soldiers being stranded because of conditions beyond their control.. In my day, Getting back to the unit was my problem and if I didn't get back within 30 days after my approved leave date I would be AWOL. It didn't matter in my day if there was a natural disaster or if the airlines shut down. They just didn't care. Anyway, good luck to you, Keep improving your fighting position and don't forget that overhead cover.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If they do begin doing this, it also appears to be administrative personnel as well.

"Generally, these members will be persons in Headquarters units and persons with high demand medical capabilities whose call-up would not adversely affect their civilian communities," Hoffman continued. "With respect to any potential utilization of National Guard Reserve Component units under this EO, the Secretary of Defense and the Department of Health and Human Services will consult with state officials before acting. As this is a dynamic situation, we do not currently have a projected number of expected activations, but the Department is now fully authorized to make activations as needed. We will provide updates as they become available."

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
Active Army here. Going on 13 years as King of Battle 13B.
OIF- 08-09 Dyala province (small cops around Anaconda/Balad area)
OEF- 11-12 Argandab river valley (west of Kandahar)
Currently instructing new Soldiers how to 13B.
If you are still at Ft Sill, My son is the Senior Instructor for 13J.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I wonder if we still have as a member on this forum any combat veteran from the Vietnam era ?

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if we still have as a member on this forum any combat veteran from the Vietnam era ?
We are not that old yet! I myself never saw combat but was in during that war. I shoot clays during the week with many of them.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
There's a few in here that were in Vietnam. @Mikeoso Marine Corps and @obwahn Navy. Both very upstanding gentlemen if you ask me, but don't tell them I said that. ;)

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
We shelled the snot outta Vietnam from our guided missile destroyer. 5" rounds. Yes, still here. :like:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase