• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Georgia 37s with a 3.5 - 4 inch lift? on a JLU (non rubi)

melosjl

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Hey guys, this is my first post on here, I hope I am doing this right. I currently have a 19 JLU, and i wanted to add some 37s to it. Would a 3.5 or 4 inch lift do the job? I really didn’t want to go above a 2.5 inch lift, but from what I have read and been told, it looks like I need a 3.5 - 4 inch lift. Any feedback would be appreciated or if you have any pictures of 37s on a 4 inch lift that would be great! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Hey guys, this is my first post on here, I hope I am doing this right. I currently have a 19 JLU, and i wanted to add some 37s to it. Would a 3.5 or 4 inch lift do the job? I really didn’t want to go above a 2.5 inch lift, but from what I have read and been told, it looks like I need a 3.5 - 4 inch lift. Any feedback would be appreciated or if you have any pictures of 37s on a 4 inch lift that would be great! Thanks in advance!
You mistakenly posted your question in a member marketplace thread for selling things. I recommend reading through through threads in the link below first and then post suspension questions in it if you have further questions.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/suspension-steering-and-chassis.22/

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
If you're driving a non-Rubi and have the stock 3.45 gearing, the highway is really going to suck for you. Are you stick or automatic? To answer your question, I would think that a 3.5 or 4" lift would work. I know people put Rubicon shocks & springs on their Sport (S), and Unlimiteds. I did it to my JLU Sport S and I have 33's with plenty of room for 35's. The Rubicon shocks and springs give between 1.5-2" of lift if they came off a JLU with tow package and steel bumpers. So going another 2-2.5" should give you room for the 37's. If they're wide, you're going to have to take off the aero dam thingy that goes from your bumper to fender. Just my opinion, I'm sure others will straighten us (me) out if I'm incorrect. ;-)

OP
OP

melosjl

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
If you're driving a non-Rubi and have the stock 3.45 gearing, the highway is really going to suck for you. Are you stick or automatic? To answer your question, I would think that a 3.5 or 4" lift would work. I know people put Rubicon shocks & springs on their Sport (S), and Unlimiteds. I did it to my JLU Sport S and I have 33's with plenty of room for 35's. The Rubicon shocks and springs give between 1.5-2" of lift if they came off a JLU with tow package and steel bumpers. So going another 2-2.5" should give you room for the 37's. If they're wide, you're going to have to take off the aero dam thingy that goes from your bumper to fender. Just my opinion, I'm sure others will straighten us (me) out if I'm incorrect. ;-)
I really appreciate your feedback, all of the other post that I have read mostly concern rubicons, and not sports etc. I’m just trying to gather different feedbacks and opinions to see what will work best for me and what price I should expect to pay.
Sponsored