First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
ours had almost everything she wanted. only thing missing was the dual top group.

I can buy a soft top later.
I had thought about this too. I really had to consider how often I would have the soft top down or even just sides off compared to either just taking off the freedom panels (under a minute to do) or removing the hard top completely. I went hard top only. I do wish that the hard top came with the option of taking out the cargo area side windows like the lazy man power top does.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Moreace

Moreace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Here's my calculation on why to get things from factory rather than what can be upgraded later.
I would get the following items from your list factory, with reasons for all
8.4" Uconnect (Yes, it can be added later, but for the price, not worth the hassle of doing yourself)
Proximity Keyless Entry (As of yet, no one has a consistent method of adding this the way the factory offers it)
LED Group (For the price, I can't replace headlights/taillights/side markers for anything near that low with high quality LED option)
Cold Weather (Seats can be added easily, but steering wheel option is not as easy to add later)
Tow Package (Aux buttons, hitch, upgraded battery, upgraded alternator add up to far more than the MSRP factory option)
Engine (Obvious reasons)
Transmission (Obvious reasons)

On a side note
Safety Groups - I do believe too much tech can be in a vehicle, and putting all that safety stuff in my Jeep that will be off roading is a waste of money, not to mention the replacement bumpers I want may not have spots for the sensors and I don't want to limit my aftermarket options like that.

The remaining items to me have better or cheaper options aftermarket. Something not on your list, but that I would include as aftermarket is bumpers.

I know that some of these are preferences, but I've spent about 2 years planning my purchase, and as I get days away all dealerships are basically closed and factories are shut down so I can't order my "perfect combination" of options. So I've been trying to narrow down the list to things that are the most simple to add/replace or cheaper to buy aftermarket.
Great feedback. Thanks for the contribution and thought process. In total agreement when able.
I agree, factory is the way to go... but sometimes impatience and what's existing on the lot wins.
My most difficult options are proximity and selec-trac. Overall, the least expensive items that I would gladly pay for... that aren't readily on the lot