Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Now if Jeep could manufacture Ventilators, AND put solid axels on them, just think of the possibilities.........
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep built some. They never made it inside the hospitals though. Every time someone steered them toward the doors they wandered off toward the parking lot even though they were being steered straight.

Also a number of them were immediately recalled due to bad welds.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
65.7% of the people who went on ventilators in Wuhan DIED. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2763184 The article is from Feb. 13 (read the "Abstract" for dates)...I've read more recent reports that 95% of people who went on vents in Wuhan died. Vents don't seem to be the panacea for this the medical community would have us think.

Further, the survival rate for folks placed on a ventilator FOR ANY REASON (not specifically CVD-19) at one year later is 30%.

In short, if one is placed on a ventilator, it is a last ditch effort to save your life and those attempts are largely unsuccessful.
So you’re sayin there’s a chance...!

Sponsored

OP
OP
timn1984

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
65.7% of the people who went on ventilators in Wuhan DIED. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2763184 The article is from Feb. 13 (read the "Abstract" for dates)...I've read more recent reports that 95% of people who went on vents in Wuhan died. Vents don't seem to be the panacea for this the medical community would have us think.

Further, the survival rate for folks placed on a ventilator FOR ANY REASON (not specifically CVD-19) at one year later is 30%.

In short, if one is placed on a ventilator, it is a last ditch effort to save your life and those attempts are largely unsuccessful.
30% survival rate may (or may not) be good compared to IF those specific patients did NOT get ventilators. We will never know, but I wonder what their survival rate would have been? My guess would be much lower. I agree ventilators are not a panacea, and they cause more problems, e.g. other infections, etc.... , but they give the sick patient a fighting chance, when the alternative is not breathing.

OP
OP
timn1984

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I don't disagree with any of that....but for this virus and vents specifically...the survival rate isn't 30%.

That said, I am not in the "chicken little" camp on this pandemic. It's been grossly overexaggerated at this point, based on actual data sets.
Understood, I agree it has been somewhat exaggerated, but it still is real.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Understood, I agree it has been somewhat exaggerated, but it still is real.
I don't disagree with any of that....but for this virus and vents specifically...the survival rate isn't 30%.

That said, I am not in the "chicken little" camp on this pandemic. It's been grossly overexaggerated at this point, based on actual data sets.
So at the end of it all, how many dead people would make you feel that the measures taken were not over-exaggerated? Because there’s no way to know the scope except in hindsight. There’s also no way to know exactly how many people DON’T die based on taking precautions, that can’t be measured. So what’s the actual number of deaths that would have you say that the extraordinary measures being taken were worthwhile to keep it from being any higher? Either US or worldwide.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
California is banning them Apparently they do not comply with the gov. clean air regulations.

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
If research in California could prove covid-19 causes cancer, they could ban it in the state.
Sponsored