Muffler delete... was it worth it?

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
It sounds like a GTR after in higher RPMs. Do it.
Plus weight saving and clearance are positives I guessss
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Seemed like it had a bit of a vibration type hum prior to notching and sliding it up that extra 3/4", but it's been awhile so I can't recall 100%, but I do believe it was an improvement.
Well, since the last time . . . Thank you!

Today, I finally got back under my Jeep and removed the Dynomax piece. I made a 3/8” notch and reinstalled it. That made a huge difference in the exhaust note for me. Prior it had a high pitched tinny noise, so to speak, at higher RPM. I may have had an exhaust leak. Now, it’s a nice low mellow tone. It is louder. However, it was the higher pitch that I was not pleased with.

E456BD78-E81F-4DAB-9A91-475F58086483.jpeg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Like mine though it can be a little louder than I like and not quite as deep tone as the Magnaflow on my JK. Weight savings removing muffler sold me while still meeting noise requirements.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone with the 2.0 turbo just remove their OEM muffler totally and drive around for a bit before the Dynomax delete? I did this because I thought it would be kinda the same sound before I ordered one of these muffler deletes but it sounded horrible!

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Anyone with the 2.0 turbo just remove their OEM muffler totally and drive around for a bit before the Dynomax delete? I did this because I thought it would be kinda the same sound before I ordered one of these muffler deletes but it sounded horrible!
With the 3.6L, but after a few months (and two 5-hour highway drives) I began to melt my storage tray.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am interested in doing it just for trail clearance and weight. I wouldn't mind a little grunt, but I am not looking for a roar. Is the Dynomax the quietest option?

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I am interested in doing it just for trail clearance and weight. I wouldn't mind a little grunt, but I am not looking for a roar. Is the Dynomax the quietest option?
borla climber touring would be one of the quietest options I think.

jeepthang

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Has anyone tried the hooker headers or k&n muffler delete? Its a bit more than the dyno but appears to have a nice extension for those looking for more of an exhaust exit versus the shorter turn-down. Was curious if getting the tip closer to the bumper would help with any excessive noise or drone that some are experiencing. I'm ready to purchase one of these pipes myself just to clean up the ass end.

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Curious as to how the dynamax delete is volume wise with the top down.. I really want to pick one up for the clearance benefits and weight reduction (plus a little growl is exciting!), but I'm worried wife and kiddo will hate it with the top down or be obnoxiously loud...

Youtube videos are beyond worthless at gauging how it sounds in real life.. Just don't want to be one of those assholes waking everyone up as I drive down the street in the neighborhood and deafening my toddler in the back seat.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I don't find the volume objectionable, and it won't make the neighbors angry. It's not like it's a Mustang 5.0 uncapped.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Curious as to how the dynamax delete is volume wise with the top down.. I really want to pick one up for the clearance benefits and weight reduction (plus a little growl is exciting!), but I'm worried wife and kiddo will hate it with the top down or be obnoxiously loud...

Youtube videos are beyond worthless at gauging how it sounds in real life.. Just don't want to be one of those assholes waking everyone up as I drive down the street in the neighborhood and deafening my toddler in the back seat.
I personally don't feel that it is very loud either. I don't think you will have any issues with the neighbors. It is only semi loud to me at WOT but even then I don't think it is loud at all.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Opening up that underbody space where the muffler was has potential ; a bigger, deeper rear cubby drop-in, like the JK had, would be a possible aftermarket item

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
All a louder exhaust accomplishes more mom's in minivans trying to race me from stoplights. It's annoying. You would need a tune and both intake and exhaust mods to really see any substantial increase (across the board).

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
All a louder exhaust accomplishes more mom's in minivans trying to race me from stoplights. It's annoying. You would need a tune and both intake and exhaust mods to really see any substantial increase (across the board).
I didn't do it to see any gains, I personally enjoy the sound and I get more enjoyment out of my Jeep. That is what makes it worth it to me.
Sponsored