Sponsored

Nature vs. Jeep

GrandIllusion

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2017 F350, 2013 Fiesta, 1976 Gran Torino, Starsky & Hutch Ltd. Edition
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
So, for the past couple of weeks, I have had a Robin that spends several hours a day flying up and down the back window of my Jeep (trying to get in or trying to get something it likes inside). It seems to stop only to shit on the top of my spare tire. The top of my spare tire is so covered with bird shit it looks like somebody dumped grey & white paint all over it. When I get in to drive the Jeep, I have to use the rear wiper/washer to clean the window so I can see out! Any ideas what's with this bird? Ever seen anything like this?

20200331_171056.jpg
Sponsored

kermitjewel

Threads
Reaction score
anywhere, but always flipping off moderators
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito,
So, for the past couple of weeks, I have had a Robin that spends several hours a day flying up and down the back window of my Jeep (trying to get in or trying to get something it likes inside). It seems to stop only to shit on the top of my spare tire. The top of my spare tire is so covered with bird shit it looks like somebody dumped grey & white paint all over it. When I get in to drive the Jeep, I have to use the rear wiper/washer to clean the window so I can see out! Any ideas what's with this bird? Ever seen anything like this?

20200331_171056.jpg
attacking her reflection for territory probably, try something in the back window like a sun shade to kill the reflection?

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
This made me LOL. The guy above is likely correct in that it is matting season and ready to fight.

But on a serious note, you can go outside the box and pickup a decoy Owl or Eagle and set it on top your Jeep at night. I used to think people in CO did this for decoration but after doing some research I guess it helps keep some of the bunnies/squirrels out of the garden. I can't say first hand how effective but I bet that robin will change it's tune a bit when it sees a 20" great horned owl sitting on your Jeep.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual

20200331_171056.jpg

There is a strong possibility this little fellow is actually a reincarnated Jeep owner.
Sponsored