Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I really don't have any complaints about my 2 dr Sport, but the first thing I noticed when I test drove and is still kind of a pain after 1300 miles is how sensitive the throttle pedal is (8 spd auto). Maybe other models with a larger tires or if you have already swapped to larger tires it might not be as noticeable (because you've inherently raised your gear ratio) but the pedal is very sensitive. It is also has a very weak spring. I'm basically resting the side of my foot on the tunnel so I can micro modulate the pedal, Even so my leg gets fatigued from having to almost hover the tip of my foot all the time. I had a JK and many other vehicles and the difference is noticeable. Really becomes an issue when trying to wheel as you bouncing around yet trying to be carefully negotiate obstacles. I talked to fellow JLUR owner on a trail ride and he said the same thing. Is it a fluke or are they all like that?
Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
ditto... think I am used to it now at almost 5k miles...

Mainiac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S, 2017 Ridgeline, 2003 Corvette, 2005 S2000, 1931 Model A truck
Occupation
Retired
I just got my 2019 Jeep out after its long winter nap... I know, counter-intuitive to put a Jeep away for the winter but it's my summer toy to replace a vette :) anyway... I put 2500 miles on last summer and my first drive this spring I still dislike the punchy throttle. Any easy solutions? I have an idea if I had driven it this winter I would have been sideways every time I took off with the short wheelbase 2 dr and the quick throttle. Mike

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i have a 19 jl 2 door sport 3.6, 8 spd. as my daily driver and i dont have any issues with the throttle response. i've gotten accustomed to the handling of the jeep in all weather.

Last edited:

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I don't have any complaints but I wonder if the relatively deep gearing of the 8sp contributes to this for some

Mainiac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It's the 3.6 with the 8 speed auto... A friend has a 2017 UL wrangler auto and it is not anywhere near as sensitive when you start moving. If it was my only vehicle I would imagine I would get used to it. I'm surprised it wouldn't be an issue when in tight spots off road as well as driving in snow. My primary driver is a Ridgeline and that isn't jump at all to me in either Econ or Sport mode... by the way, not my first Jeep.. I've never counted but been through easily over a dozen over the years. I did manage to go without for the last 5 years but it was difficult. :)

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Hikeit X9 throttle controller is another option. I have this in my JLUR and really like it. My 16 yr old son installed it himself. He likes it in Sport mode, I prefer Economy mode, but on level 5. It takes the throttle lag out and can reduce the throttle being too sensitive. You just have to play with the modes and sensitivity levels to get it where you like it.

When my son first asked to get it, I was very hesitant and didn't think it would do much. After experiencing the throttle controller, I would make this a priority as a first mod.

Sponsored

Mainiac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I thank you much for the suggestions. I will do some research and I will also talk to the dealership service folks. I'm taking it in for it's first service and I guess there's a steering stabilizer change that's on recall. Sure seemed nice to take it out of storage but that seemed to get the snow going again. I've had it a year... time to think of some mods to personalize it a bit. It's Punk'n 2 door Sport S with the premium soft top, thinking of changing over to the Sahara wheels and different tires. The stock tires that came on it pick up stones like you wouldn't believe and then wing them out like bullets when you get up some speed. I'm really happy with it so far... just some tweaks to get it perfect! I've got two grandsons that want to lift it but I am holding back on that... :)

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My husband's 2017 JKU is much more sluggish than my 2019 JL. I want to say that the 3.6 in the JKU is paired with a 5 speed tranny? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. He doesn't drive my Jeep much, but when he does, hang on :facepalm: It seems we always start out doing a seatbelt check, i.e. he forgets my Jeep is "sensitive". I'm sure the gearing has to account for it. But, we both adjust quickly to the idiosyncrasies of both Jeeps:like:
TL;DR normal:rock:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I thank you much for the suggestions. I will do some research and I will also talk to the dealership service folks. I'm taking it in for it's first service and I guess there's a steering stabilizer change that's on recall. Sure seemed nice to take it out of storage but that seemed to get the snow going again. I've had it a year... time to think of some mods to personalize it a bit. It's Punk'n 2 door Sport S with the premium soft top, thinking of changing over to the Sahara wheels and different tires. The stock tires that came on it pick up stones like you wouldn't believe and then wing them out like bullets when you get up some speed. I'm really happy with it so far... just some tweaks to get it perfect! I've got two grandsons that want to lift it but I am holding back on that... :)
Hi Mainiac,
Let us know if you need any additional assistance during this process. There is a Customer Satisfaction Notification (CSN V41) for a steering Damper replacement. Feel free to send us a private message if you have any questions or concerns.

Lydia
JeepCares
Sponsored