ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR
20180311_152236854_iOS.jpg

Brand new member here (sorry mods if I'm posting in the wrong section)! Been a long time lurker on the JK Forums and finally pulled the trigger on one of these. I have had 7 VW GTIs and currently drive a Golf R, and I'm excited to try this new direction. Ordered a 2018 JLUR in Bright White. I order cars for a living and this is surprisingly the first time I've ordered my own vehicle, it's quite an exciting experience! Will post some actual pics in several weeks when it lands, but I look forward to diving into the Jeep community here and locally!

Build:

2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon / 2.0T Engine with Automatic Trans

- Prem Cloth Low-Back Seats/Black (love the leather but don't want the heat in the sun with top off)
- LED Lighting Group
- Cold Weather Group
- Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group
- Electronic Infotainment System Group
- Dual Top Group
- Body Colored Hard Top
- Steel Bumper Group
- MOPAR Hardtop Headliner (dumb down the noise during long highway driving)
- Body Color Fender Flares

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
i know i want the look of the leather but it hot here in Texas so i dont know if i will get it. but i am tired of the cloth. if something spills if you dont get it up fast it soaks in the foam pretty fast

ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR
i know i want the look of the leather but it hot here in Texas so i dont know if i will get it. but i am tired of the cloth. if something spills if you dont get it up fast it soaks in the foam pretty fast
Yea I’ve had leather in my cars the last 10 years. I’ve sold many of the JKs (but never owned one) and the leather can be brutally hot in the summer. I’ll have the top off a lot and just felt like going cloth was a more practical decision for this car. I’ll be putting on waterproof seat covers as well, so that practically eliminates the spilling/staining issue.

Sponsored

Jtiffany78

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon ~ White
Occupation
AF Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
It’s crazy you had to drive to Idaho to get your Jeep. They are just sitting on the lot here...
They’re on a couple lots here in N.Cal too but this state still charges me sales tax even though I’m a military Montana resident, that in itself is $5k. Then all the dealers here ADD $5k to the MSRP! And won’t budge, they just say “all the dealers are doing it”. Idaho was $4500 below MSRP...so a $9500 difference more than made up for the cost of a flight/road trip. It was good bonding time

JGrand48219

First Name
J. Grand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 2011 Chevy Camaro SS, 2016 Harley Road Glide
They’re on a couple lots here in N.Cal too but this state still charges me sales tax even though I’m a military Montana resident, that in itself is $5k. Then all the dealers here ADD $5k to the MSRP! And won’t budge, they just say “all the dealers are doing it”. Idaho was $4500 below MSRP...so a $9500 difference more than made up for the cost of a flight/road trip. It was good bonding time
I knew you had a valid reason for the trip, just crazy how dealers are adding to the MSRP like it’s a Demon or a GT350...

Jtiffany78

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon ~ White
Occupation
AF Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! Funny you should mention the Demon...one guy said I was lucky I wasn’t looking at the Demon because they added $15k to that....that’s just obscene:surprised:

Sponsored

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
Lots of awesome looking white JL's here, can't wait to take delivery of ours.

Can someone take a look and tell me what the paint code for your JL's bright white paint is? I always buy a small bottle of touch up paint when I buy a new vehicle to keep the inevitable nicks touched up.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
Can someone take a look and tell me what the paint code for your JL's bright white paint is? I always buy a small bottle of touch up paint when I buy a new vehicle to keep the inevitable nicks touched up.
OEM Touch-Up Paint - GW7 PW7 Bright White Part# 04889598AB

For touching up a black Wrangler hardtop: OEM part # 68060405AA

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from Idaho picking up bad mamma jamma

E9A23D5D-213C-4B91-8CC5-2DB2742BDF76.jpeg

7A544DD5-6049-4DB3-8860-B6E15D50F488.jpeg
I orderd one with the Black Top and Body color fenders as well... Yours looks awesome.

I cant wait to go pick her up.

JGrand48219

First Name
J. Grand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 2011 Chevy Camaro SS, 2016 Harley Road Glide
So I decided to back up on a small snow bank last night... just because. I’m not a trail guy at all.:cwl:

55B253B5-0634-470A-A551-D1225DE31FCA.jpeg

A57E4158-4715-41B2-82C2-2DD239C7E6C3.jpeg

Jtiffany78

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon ~ White
Occupation
AF Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
I orderd one with the Black Top and Body color fenders as well... Yours looks awesome.

I cant wait to go pick her up.
Thanks! You’re going to love it!
Sponsored