Sponsored

LOD destroyer rear bumper and tire carrier vs Warn elite rear bumper and tire carrier.

peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with the full width LOD rear bumper and tire carrier having any sensor issues. I have seen several posts with sensor related issues with 37 inch tires. Did LOD remedy this?

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Does it rattle at all like the LoD?
Love my LOD gear but my god does the tire carrier rattle!! I’ve spent hours adjusting it 18 diff ways to no avail. Still a solid product but drives me a little nuts on fire roads

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Please reach out to us and we can help with the rattle. send us some pics of your setup and we can help diagnose the issue!
I sent you guys an email or two a couple months ago about this but never heard back / what’s the best way to get help diagnosing the rattle? I love your guys products other than the goddang endless rattle of my tire carrier!

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
can you rattle it with your hand or just while driving? if you can hand rattle, maybe post a video and we can figure it out here.

everyone has time 'working from home'....

:ontheloo:

Sponsored

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
can you rattle it with your hand or just while driving? if you can hand rattle, maybe post a video and we can figure it out here.

everyone has time 'working from home'....

:ontheloo:
Once the 18" of snow melts a little that fell yesterday at my house I will post a video. Spent half the day yesterday on the John Deere plowing the 1/4 mile driveway withe heavy wet snow on it! Amen to having free time though - I'm out of work the next three weeks at minimum so lots of projects around the house getting taken care of.

It's really not so much a rattle by hand as it is a nasty rattle on fire roads or over larger bumps on paved roads. I'll see if I can find a way to make it rattle by hand and video. If not I'll take some pics of setup from different angles. It seems to be from the metal on metal connection attaching the tire carrier to the tailgate (where the metal ball attaches to the spring loaded clamp).

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone with the full width LOD rear bumper and tire carrier having any sensor issues. I have seen several posts with sensor related issues with 37 inch tires. Did LOD remedy this?
I think I answered this before but mine 'works' - sort of. My parking sense always shows up as 'disabled' when I start up but it DEFINITELY beeps only when cars are coming up behind me in reverse. No false beeps ever, and has not failed to warn me once of a car behind me in a parking lot.

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I sent you guys an email or two a couple months ago about this but never heard back / what’s the best way to get help diagnosing the rattle? I love your guys products other than the goddang endless rattle of my tire carrier!
You can email [email protected], but probably best to just give us a call and we can help talk you through it. 877-390-9584

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You can email [email protected], but probably best to just give us a call and we can help talk you through it. 877-390-9584
@LOD - I can call you guys this coming week since I'm off work for the end of the world COVID drill, but I've attached a few pics of the tire carrier set up here in hopes we can resolve online. I followed the LOD install instructions posted on their site, and have reloosened, retightened everything I think is a potential contributing factor 2 times already. I still have a pretty healthy rattle over dirt roads (I live on a dirt road so it rattles like mad every day), and I can visibly see my 37" tire moving around even though it's super snug up against the rubber adjustable stops.

Couple pictures are of door fully closed, couple others are with door open 6-8" or so to show latch striker position. If LOD or anyone has any thoughts I'd love to make a couple adjustments and have this be a thing of the past! Really happy with LOD products so far other than this dang rattle!!

IMG_4767.JPG

IMG_4769.JPG

IMG_4770.JPG

IMG_4771.JPG

IMG_4772.JPG

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assuming this one is closed, this stopper is not compressed enough. I'll get a picture of mine

upload_2020-3-29_14-32-46.png

Sponsored

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here you go. It will seem very 'wtf, that's too tight' for a day or so until it settles in

upload_2020-3-29_14-34-57.png

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Just like Thinman said, the rubber bumpers (both of them) should be making contact with the door 6-8" open. That way they compress like shown in the pic above. Also, the striker bar should be making contact with the white piece when the door is 6-8" open.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Yep, looking at the first couple pictures where the carrier is fully closed, the striker bar is barely touching the white piece, so it needs to be tighter to the door.

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the feedback everyone - I adjusted the stops so they are compressing a good bit more and that has definitely knocked the rattle down (didn't notice it driving down my dirt road yesterday). That being said, the white piece is adjusted ALL the way out and won't make contact when door is 6-8" open; I'm going to readjust the whole thing one more time tomorrow and see if I can figure out why that is. As it is now, the rubber stops are compressed well, no rattle, but when closed the latch striker is NOT touching the white piece fully (about a 1/2" gap). I can get more pics tomorrow too once snow that fell last night is all gone and it's above freezing outside!

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Thanks for the feedback everyone - I adjusted the stops so they are compressing a good bit more and that has definitely knocked the rattle down (didn't notice it driving down my dirt road yesterday). That being said, the white piece is adjusted ALL the way out and won't make contact when door is 6-8" open; I'm going to readjust the whole thing one more time tomorrow and see if I can figure out why that is. As it is now, the rubber stops are compressed well, no rattle, but when closed the latch striker is NOT touching the white piece fully (about a 1/2" gap). I can get more pics tomorrow too once snow that fell last night is all gone and it's above freezing outside!
I would recommend you reach out to us and we can help you figure out what is wrong. Give us a call 765-385-0631, or email [email protected].
Sponsored