First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
If you don’t mind me asking was it pricey to have the dealer paint it?
I have the granite color. I bought a second dash and I am going to paint it tan to match the leather seats. Paying homage to our 1 owner '98 TJ Sport that has a tan/spice colored dash.
Sponsored

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR, Sky One Touch
vinyl wrap
I will ship you my grey stock ones if you will send me your vinyl wrapped ones that I could unwrap?? Seriously I really one the Red one in my Bright white sport.

dpulido91

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2020
@MattC So those part numbers are for what color?

Can someone post pics of the gray ones. I am looking for gray to replace the red. I think that would be cheaper than getting the red ones painted. I am wondering if the gray stock ones would look ok with Sting Gray.
I want to change my gray dash for red ones! Still interested? I just purchased my JL Sport last month, everything is brand new. Let me know if you are willing to trade. I'm in North Carolina, we would only have to paid for shipping costs.

Braido

First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
I’m still looking to swap my grey dash with someone for the red. Getting red and black katzkin leather interior installed this weekend and the red dash would really go well with it.

Somebody help me out please!
That interior looks awesome, you say it's Katzkin?

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
If anyone is looking for grey dash panels, I'll be pulling mine today and listing them for sale (mint, from a new 2020).

Edit: these have been sold.

Last edited:

Sponsored

trat73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ, 2019 Wrangler JL
I have a question about the red dash color. Is it the same as the ring below the manual transmission shift knob that you lift to put the Jeep in reverse, or is it the same as the firecracker red of the exterior? Thanks!

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a question about the red dash color. Is it the same as the ring below the manual transmission shift knob that you lift to put the Jeep in reverse, or is it the same as the firecracker red of the exterior? Thanks!
It’s not the same as firecracker red. I haven’t seen the ring on the manual Jeeps.

trat73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s not the same as firecracker red. I haven’t seen the ring on the manual Jeeps.
Thanks for the reply. I was going to put them in my firecracker red Sport S but if they’re not the same color it prob won’t look right.

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply. I was going to put them in my firecracker red Sport S but if they’re not the same color it prob won’t look right.
Oh it looks great there’s too much separation between outside and inside. There’s plenty of pictures of firecracker ads online with the red – just Google it. I think it looks great. Way better than gray. Or you could wrap some gray panels in firecracker red vinyl. I happen to have gray panels available if you need them

trat73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh it looks great there’s too much separation between outside and inside. There’s plenty of pictures of firecracker ads online with the red – just Google it. I think it looks great. Way better than gray. Or you could wrap some gray panels in firecracker red vinyl. I happen to have gray panels available if you need them
Oh ok, cool. I have the gray now. Definitely going to add the red Dash panels to my build list as soon as money starts flowing again. I found the downtime during quarantine is best spent planning upgrades :)

Sponsored

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh ok, cool. I have the gray now. Definitely going to add the red Dash panels to my build list as soon as money starts flowing again. I found the downtime during quarantine is best spent planning upgrades :)
Have fun with it. Just made a dead pedal which the down time. Just used scrap and it turned out great.

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Some before and after photos of my dash wrap. I used 3M satin white to match my Jeep's color. I did this project the day after I bought my Jeep, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I installed a wireless phone charger and dual USB outlet on my dash at the same time.

I really wish Jeep gave color options for the dash in the Wranglers. At the very least, they should offer a "color-matching" option. Even better would be an option to pick whatever color you want from their available paint colors - so you could pick a color different than your paint color.

IMG_5344.JPG

IMG_5417.JPG

IMG_5420.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

trat73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great MCJA! I’ve seen the red Rubi ones for sale for around $300 from Mopar replacement part stores. Might be easier and more rewarding to paint them though.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
so much better! i really dont like the red dash either. any color really looks better than the faded red factory one.