Sponsored

Mopar Roof Rack Mods (security, paint protection, + whistling SOLVED)

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
:beer:

I've got an old Cricut Expression (I think), that I bought specifically because I can use 3rd party software with it. I'll see if I can get those files to work on it.
the vector files should definitely work if the cricut ones dont
Sponsored

JLSpartan

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
This info has been added to the main post:

PRINT YOUR OWN WIT THESE FILES: Due to overwhelming request I have posted the Cricut project files as well as vector files if you are not using a Cricut below. Please note these will most likely require some trial/error and adjustment on the dimensions, but this should get you really close as a starting point.

Vector files: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09444917626491268435
Cricut file: https://design.cricut.com/landing/project-detail/5e5d3ddb7dd8b4069b19e189
Cricut file: https://design.cricut.com/landing/project-detail/5e5d3e344c66f206a77638b6
thanks again! This is great and it gets me to use the vinyl cutter for the Jeep :) now to find things to use the 3D printer for lol Cheers!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I donā€™t have the knowledge or tools to make the red Jeep vinyl lettering, but I really like it. Is anyone willing to produce a set for me? Iā€™m willing to pay for your time and skill as well as the materials of course.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I donā€™t have the knowledge or tools to make the red Jeep vinyl lettering, but I really like it. Is anyone willing to produce a set for me? Iā€™m willing to pay for your time and skill as well as the materials of course.
I would too!

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
CT, pixeldecals.com I think is the guy from this forum who has a vinyl shop and can do it. Good prices.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm making these for the guys that PM'd me.
Got the vinyl. Got my rack in yesterday. Put them on today. I have to say that these Jeep decals and the black vinyl stripe to cancel the wind noise that I got are beyond professional quality. They fit to the millimeter. Well packaged too to avoid any possible chance of creasing or damage. Just waiting on the lock cores and clear protective film for the roof and theyā€™ll be on. Thanks so much.

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Got the vinyl. Got my rack in yesterday. Put them on today. I have to say that these Jeep decals and the black vinyl stripe to cancel the wind noise that I got are beyond professional quality. They fit to the millimeter. Well packaged too to avoid any possible chance of creasing or damage. Just waiting on the lock cores and clear protective film for the roof and theyā€™ll be on. Thanks so much.
Thanks!

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I CAN CUT THESE FOR YOU IF YOU'D LIKE: Due to tons of requests I cut a handful of these for anyone interested and if I run out I can cut them for you in a couple days usually. Shoot me a PM for a PayPal link if interested.

$40 for the anti-whistle strips on the bottom
$12 for the red Jeep logo inserts
shipping included

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I CAN CUT THESE FOR YOU IF YOU'D LIKE: Due to tons of requests I have put these up for sale on my Etsy shop at this link and I can cut them for you in a couple days usually. Shipping should be free, if you run into issues shoot me PM.
Is there any way that you can sell the wind noise canceling strips individually? Mine were great for a bit then inexplicably just one of them came loose and the wind peeled it almost completely off. Had to remove and rash it, not reusable.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Roof Rack Mods (security, paint protection, + whistling SOLVED) image

Last edited:
OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Is there any way that you can sell the wind noise canceling strips individually? Mine were great for a bit then inexplicably just one of them came loose and the wind peeled it almost completely off. Had to remove and rash it, not reusable.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Roof Rack Mods (security, paint protection, + whistling SOLVED) image
Shoot me a PM I can help you out, that's definitely very odd, must not have had good adhesion, maybe there was still a little oil/dirt on the crossbar. Mine have been through quite a bit of weather/snow and driving and are still the originals from almost 2 years ago.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Shoot me a PM I can help you out, that's definitely very odd, must not have had good adhesion, maybe there was still a little oil/dirt on the crossbar. Mine have been through quite a bit of weather/snow and driving and are still the originals from almost 2 years ago.
I thought so too. All of the other pieces are still stuck on normally. I cleaned the whole bar completely with alcohol twice and it stuck on perfectly like the rest. Or at least appeared to. The good news is I didnā€™t notice any noise. Center rear bar position.

bjoneill

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2003 TJ Rubi
I have the skyroof. Added the Mopar roof rack a couple days ago. The towers are not tall enough for the folding frame to clear. They hit and the skyroof stops automatically.

msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
For The Jeep red lettering..woman's nail polish in red and a fine paint brush make for a longer lasting more vibrant RED JEEP LOGO
Sponsored