Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

actually i would prefer a 4x4 suburban over a jeep for an apocalypse vehicle. chevy V8 engine will run forever even when poorly maintained. with a wrangler's storage space id have to choose between dog, ammo and food. with the sub, i can take all three and then some. it can also more easily handle adding a lot more weight due to armor/people/supplies. imagine adding 1000lbs to your wrangler.... lol.

also, i cant imagine having to deal with death wobble out in the middle of nowhere during the apocalypse while being chase by a horde of mauraders in their mad max style dune buggies. "why are you slowing down?!!" "because death wobble!!!"

actually a Raptor with a shell would probably be my first choice. good thing i live near a big Ford dealer and a couple of bed shell companies lol.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I know a #2 pencil hole when I see it! LOL
A sharp eye would see that two of the targets were shot with jacketed bullets and one was shot with lead bullets. The 1911 gun has over 75,000 rounds through it.

I used to shoot a lot..... Now I just shoot some. Funny thing about the #2 pencil, I had a Sgt. get fired back about 15 or so years ago because he #2 penciled a target so that an employee would qualify and then the employee bragged about it and it cost the Sgt. his job.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
You could always leave targets laying around like these one so they have an opportunity to reevaluate:

ETs84oQKnNIDyzVwsJatDISV72Ad549TU6GBODojKsN6zG1VuRfruzOHoylUH-x84Kr2K_DqmOWfgxPq8mw=w426-h757-no.jpg

PviOTAHDTJUSvYpHSlqkNzYwqeSOzmUPHNEypgpqadADwMyfL5Oy5Nvws0eJ1HGX-asYiyIIgimdU10iPqA=w426-h757-no.jpg

qbPAXBKJ1OJVge2ekCqUV4gKwyZZy4xhEt592xBfcFNNp_Ef1Db_MZyasSO4JN9MQs6NGD_sHWZVAuTvZdQ=w426-h757-no.jpg
The dumb ass thieves here in Chicago would see the silhouettes as advertising. As in…..this dude's got guns! Let's go steal them!

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
A sharp eye would see that two of the targets were shot with jacketed bullets and one was shot with lead bullets. The 1911 gun has over 75,000 rounds through it.

I used to shoot a lot..... Now I just shoot some. Funny thing about the #2 pencil, I had a Sgt. get fired back about 15 or so years ago because he #2 penciled a target so that an employee would qualify and then the employee bragged about it and it cost the Sgt. his job.
Some people just don't have any gratitude. Lol!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

wow. hope that employee got the boot as well. or at least shunned by everyone else. probably not though. the world is not a just place...

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Unless your hording gasoline as well, your jeep is only going to be good for a short period of time.

It's one thing I wondered for a long time in walking dead how 10-15 years had gone buy and they still had plenty of gasoline and working batteries.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr

Yep, I've scuffed up plenty of folks for even thinking about the Skilcraft solution.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
As long as the end of the world has a good service department & some decent loaners, we’ll be all set...
Yeah, stocked with a bunch of steering boxes, track bars, dampers, and visors.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
Who would want an overpriced unreliable gas guzzler in times of economic instability?

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
actually i would prefer a 4x4 suburban over a jeep for an apocalypse vehicle. chevy V8 engine will run forever even when poorly maintained. with a wrangler's storage space id have to choose between dog, ammo and food. with the sub, i can take all three and then some. it can also more easily handle adding a lot more weight due to armor/people/supplies. imagine adding 1000lbs to your wrangler.... lol.

also, i cant imagine having to deal with death wobble out in the middle of nowhere during the apocalypse while being chase by a horde of mauraders in their mad max style dune buggies. "why are you slowing down?!!" "because death wobble!!!"

actually a Raptor with a shell would probably be my first choice. good thing i live near a big Ford dealer and a couple of bed shell companies lol.
Diesel suburban or similar would be perfect. Easier to find diesel in a post apocalyptic world I think.