www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to get this addressed? I am having the same issue with my Teraflex Delta Brakes. It is at the shop now and they bled everything and are going for another test drive. But the more I am reading, seems there may be something else going on.

I did some troubleshooting and observation, and noticed that when parked, the rear brake pads seemed to space themselves out from the rotor. I talked with Teraflex about it... they said they'd seen it before and sent me out some stronger springs for the rear calipers (free of charge). Those just arrived yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to install them yet. Will update when I've got them in and tested.
Sponsored

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
I did some troubleshooting and observation, and noticed that when parked, the rear brake pads seemed to space themselves out from the rotor. I talked with Teraflex about it... they said they'd seen it before and sent me out some stronger springs for the rear calipers (free of charge). Those just arrived yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to install them yet. Will update when I've got them in and tested.
Thanks!! We are calling them tomorrow. After bleeding the brakes, same issue.

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!! We are calling them tomorrow. After bleeding the brakes, same issue.
Happy to report, adding the springs under the pistons solved my problem. Brakes are firm and consistent. Teraflex customer support was fantastic (including answering questions way after hours).

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Happy to report, adding the springs under the pistons solved my problem. Brakes are firm and consistent. Teraflex customer support was fantastic (including answering questions way after hours).
The springs also resolved my brakes as well

Gecko JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I know this is an old thread but it seems a lot people like myself have this issue. Engine off brake pumps up and is solid. Engine running and with steady pressure the pedal sinks to the floor within 5-10 seconds. pumping the pedal does not help. Dealer replaced master cyl and abs valve. Claims this is normal. Pedal was worse than before service visit. I did and manual and an abs bleed and pedal is hard again with engine off but still has the sinking issue while running. Any details on the springs and where do they go?
Sponsored