Link
Vehicle Showcase

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with my Borla Type "S" in black.

Sponsored

StaindReality

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 crew cab black out
I am looking at this exact price for my 4 door. How does it sound? Installed yet?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
I am looking at this exact price for my 4 door. How does it sound? Installed yet?
It’s hard to tell from the website photos, but does it increase ground clearance significantly? How is the sound compared to stock?
Arrives this weekend, will try to get it installed next week and update. Seems like it's tucked way higher to me, took a chance. Sound clips sounded decent and not too loud.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Arrives this weekend, will try to get it installed next week and update. Seems like it's tucked way higher to me, took a chance. Sound clips sounded decent and not too loud.
Thanks. If you could take some stock/modded pics from the same exact angle, or even ground clearance measurements that will help show how much clearance it gains.

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Bought this and have it sitting in the garage waiting to be installed: https://www.borla.com/products/wrangler_jl_jlu_axleback_exhaust_touring_part__11955cb.html
I installed it today and am extremely happy. Sounds great at start and idle, no drone and actually quite quiet in the cab.

Installation could be a little easier if the pipe from the Borla was the slightest bit larger, it was a bear to get started and move it back and forth with pressure to get it fully in place. My neighbor assisted with pulling down on the exhaust pipe on the Jeep that the Borla slides onto. Used PB Blaster to lubricate the exhaust pipes, or it was never going all the way on.

Removing the hangers was relatively easy and the old muffler came out without much fuss.

I would have liked it if the dual pipes were tighter to the bottom of the bumper. But other than that, love it!

7B564EBB-4B81-4EDD-9062-1DC999B9F783.jpeg

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Any luck getting this installed? Pics?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
JL  muffler.jpg
Muffler delete pipe gets my vote. Why, sounds good, and has excellent clearance on trails and is $90. To hear what a delete sounds like pull the muffler. Only takes 20 minutes to loosen pipe clamp and remove the two hanger bolts. Once I did that, I ordered the delete pipe right away and never put the muffler back on.
JL muffler delete.jpg

Last edited:

Chubrocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2017 JKU Sport, 2013 F150, 2004 4Runner
Installed today, very impressed. It is routed above the rear sway bar (drop the bolts to rotate down for install). No need for jack stands or lift. Fit and finish looks great and it disappears from view and is very tucked. Gives a ton more clearance, both muffler body and tip. Sound wise, no different than stock cruising or highway speeds. Slightly louder when running through the gears with hard throttle. I'm very pleased and got it on sale at the afe site. Shipped fast & very well protected and came with an adhesive heat shield pad for where it is close to the cargo area. Looking at the stock setup it seems brutal - huge and pinched down badly were it goes over the axle.

@StaindReality @Chocolate Thunder @ChattVol

IMG_1300.jpg
IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Installed today, very impressed. It is routed above the rear sway bar (drop the bolts to rotate down for install). No need for jack stands or lift. Fit and finish looks great and it disappears from view and is very tucked. Gives a ton more clearance, both muffler body and tip. Sound wise, no different than stock cruising or highway speeds. Slightly louder when running through the gears with hard throttle. I'm very pleased and got it on sale at the afe site. Shipped fast & very well protected and came with an adhesive heat shield pad for where it is close to the cargo area. Looking at the stock setup it seems brutal - huge and pinched down badly were it goes over the axle.

@StaindReality @Chocolate Thunder @ChattVol

IMG_1300.jpg
IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_1298.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg
Looks great! I am not sure what to do with the giant stock muffler I also removed. And it sure does have a pinch point in the pipe.
Sponsored